Has anyone had a problem of all the alerts apparantly being muted when connected to your pc? I have a dock for my storm and I leave in there when at the office to stay charged. But phone calls and emails intermittanly stop making nay sound and then I reboot and it works. Has anyone else had this problem? It happend with both .65 and .75
    12-07-08 08:44 PM
    I had the same problem. I changed the ring tone from the storage card to one from "Preloaded Ring Tones" folder (main mem). If you have turned on "Mass Stororage Support" then turn it off. It looks that the Storm can't read the sound files from the 8GB card when is connected to the PC. You may also see the tread that I started few days ago, and check out what other guys are saying about this.
    12-08-08 02:29 AM
    its weird.. I haven't had it plugged into a PC much but on my mac I get alerts..

Maybe I will try plugging it my pc and see if things change..
    12-08-08 04:44 AM
    I had the same problem. I changed the ring tone from the storage card to one from "Preloaded Ring Tones" folder (main mem). If you have turned on "Mass Stororage Support" then turn it off. It looks that the Storm can't read the sound files from the 8GB card when is connected to the PC. You may also see the tread that I started few days ago, and check out what other guys are saying about this.

Bibiboy:
    Did you completely turn off Mass Storage Support in the Options/Memory Screen, or did you leave it on, and request a "Prompt" to Auto-Enable it when connected to the PC? I was confused by the options on those two choices.

Thanks, Rich
    12-08-08 06:57 AM
    I just moved the ringer tone that was on the card to the 'System' folder on the device. Fixed THAT problem...now if I could just fix all the others...
    12-08-08 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD