Ok, maybe i am confused here but the manual says that when you can use data and phone at the same time a 3G icon will appear on the screen. i assume this is EVDO rev a? i am getting 1X/EV, not 3G. is anyone getting 3G?

also in the connections setup, do i set it to 1x/EV or global? i assume i want 1x/EV becuase global will search for a gsm signal? i thought maybne thats why it doesnt show 3G for some reason.
    11-24-08 10:32 PM
    IXEV is Verizon's 3G network. I don't think it says 3G unless you are using GSM in another country, not sure though.
    11-24-08 10:33 PM
    yah . you will only see 3g if on vodaphone or out of country
    11-24-08 10:39 PM
    and with GSM 3G you can use voice and data at the same time. EVDO doesn't have this capability...
    11-25-08 12:14 AM
    and with GSM 3G you can use voice and data at the same time. EVDO doesn't have this capability...
    Ya isn't that some crap. With verizon's '3G' 1xEV, voice and data don't work together, oh well i guess..
    11-25-08 12:20 AM
    Thanks all for clarifying. and mustangchris, thanks for the info, that is quite upsetting!

i was hoping evdo rev a added that capability! i always hate that i cant, sometimes i really need too.

plus i wanted to write an app that looks up the caller id info on 411.com when the phone is ringing so you can get caller id name info! that would be an awesome app!
    11-25-08 12:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD