I don't know if talk of the next verizon release has come up again but I just talked to my non techie aunt who went to Verizon and was offered to have her storm updated to v4.7.0.148(platform 4.0.0.181).
    She got it done today and says hers works much better. easier typing, more responsive camera, etc.
    The tech said that it should be made public in the next week or two.
    I know that these rumors are always showing up, but this is more than a rumor to me since it is on her phone, and there is no way she would have done it herself or let anyone other than verizon touch the phone.
    05-27-09 10:12 PM
    Screen shots prz? :V
    05-27-09 10:16 PM
    I don't know if talk of the next verizon release has come up again but I just talked to my non techie aunt who went to Verizon and was offered to have her storm updated to v4.7.0.148(platform 4.0.0.181).
    She got it done today and says hers works much better. easier typing, more responsive camera, etc.
    The tech said that it should be made public in the next week or two.
    I know that these rumors are always showing up, but this is more than a rumor to me since it is on her phone, and there is no way she would have done it herself or let anyone other than verizon touch the phone.
    I am sure that the "tech" got the update from the same place that we did.
    05-27-09 10:23 PM
    Unfortunately, she is too far away to get a screen shot. I'm not gonna argue that she has it.. We talked, I told her where to look for the version number, and she told me. That's all the "proof" I have. No matter what happens, I am not updating until a real one is sent out, so it's no skin off my back if you think I am trying to start something. Her telling me that she has it gives me more hope than seeing it in a random thread here (which I guess is how other people are seeing this )
    As for the verizon person giving her a non verizon ok'd version, I was wondering about that too. But I am hoping it's the real thing. That would be a ballsy thing for the guy to do.
    05-27-09 10:51 PM
    Maybe she went to an authorized dealer instead of a corporate store.
    05-27-09 10:57 PM
    Yeah I bet an 'authorized' dealer put it on for her. After all we are seeing some store models using leaked versions.
    05-27-09 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD