I was in verizon just yesterday. I asked a guy when he might know when the next update will come out for the storm. He said accroding to his computer, march 31st.

what really got me excited was when he was telling me when the next update comes out that it will be a lot like the iphone in terms on applications. The storm will have apps a lot like the iphone has now, with a complete new look for the storm OS.

Interesting news i thought. It will be nice when that comes out next month.

anyone else here of this?
    02-22-09 04:37 PM
    Just what we need - 1001 apps for tasks that SHOULD be accomplished by typing something into Google (LOL)
    02-22-09 04:45 PM
    I was in verizon just yesterday. I asked a guy when he might know when the next update will come out for the storm. He said accroding to his computer, march 31st.

what really got me excited was when he was telling me when the next update comes out that it will be a lot like the iphone in terms on applications. The storm will have apps a lot like the iphone has now, with a complete new look for the storm OS.

Gotta stop listening to those CSR's! You will get more accurate information here on CB.
    02-22-09 04:47 PM

The rep is probably just going off the rumors that we keep hearing here about there being an official OS release march 31st. As for there being lots of apps on the same day, he is probably just basing this off the app store target release by the end of march. For both of these topics, there is nothing really official as of yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 05:35 PM
    unless u hear it from a blackberry person themself (which u wont ever because thats confidential and properity info and they will get fired for leaking info) u wont know for sure whats gonna come out until its out. Sorry but until it comes out and we see for ourselve its all rumors
    02-22-09 05:57 PM
    God I really really hope that rumor about a brand new OS is true.
    02-22-09 06:02 PM

Unfortunately he's lying. There's nothing in verizon's computers that say that...and if there is, then his computer must have a direct link to the damn ceo of the company.
    02-22-09 06:31 PM
    I think his computer was logged into crackberry!
    02-22-09 07:08 PM
    I think his computer was logged into crackberry!
    LMAO good one!
    02-22-09 07:29 PM

VZW reps aren't made aware of OS updates that far in advance, if ever in advance. Trust me, I am one lol. I get more useful info from CB and other sites. They don't want us wasting our time talking about this stuff because it takes away from sales time, but they leak info to sites like this to build interest prior to release. Odds are that anyone with more than ten CB posts knows more than the average rep.
    02-22-09 07:48 PM
    lol he was prolly just trying to get u to go away
    02-22-09 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD