Let's just say that I have first-hand knowledge of it. I didn't hear it from anyone, and I don't know anyone. It's a fact.

How did I contradict CX? He said that 0.75 was being tested. It was. And now 0.76 is being tested.
    He also said that 0.75 was the latest(here)... 0.76 comes after 0.75 (at least the last time I checked... )
    11-29-08 10:19 AM
    Well I see this is picking up exactly where it left off last night
    11-29-08 10:22 AM
    If anyone has .75 or 76 or etc, and decides to post, that's great, they can give us their impressions, but it doesn't affect us at all. If they say the software sucks, are you going to go return the Storm based on their word? If they say it's great, are you then going to thank God that your phone will soon be better? It doesn't matter one damn bit because until you have it on your own Storm you won't be satisfied.
    If a poster is lying, who cares? How does that impact you? You won't be getting the update any sooner or later so why get upset? I think some people here need some other hobbies than trying to be the truth police on forums. BTW I have .81 and it's awesome.
    11-29-08 10:23 AM
    I couldn't help but laugh at that!! No offense Sooks! I am still waiting for my damn phone to come in so I can complain about it with the rest of you guys.

I haven't been signed up for long, but have lurked for quite a bit, CX thanks for your info. I know you try not to release too much too soon, it seems a good portion of people here would never be happy even if you gave them the exact time down to the second that something would happen.

By the way I played with a storm finally in the mall the other day, it did seem laggy, but I think that is because I got a little excited and tried to do way too much all at once..... Click, flip, press, swipe, flip, flip, tap.... If the phone had feelings it might have filed a police report, and got an restraining order pressing molestation charges.

AGREED, he is right about a software with that number version but all else was false...
    11-29-08 10:24 AM
    No need to attack the guy for providing information, its your own choice to decide whether you believe it or not, but eventually you WILL know if its truth or not.....knowing now will not speed up the update
    11-29-08 10:26 AM
    LOL. What I dont understand is why in the he** is such a big deal being meade about the update. When we get it we will getit. We waited forever for the phone a couple weeks or a month will not kill us.
    11-29-08 10:26 AM
    He also said that 0.75 was the latest(here)... 0.76 comes after 0.75 (at least the last time I checked... )
    Scougar, I said .75 was the latest that I could post. Meaning, I wasn't comfortable posting any higher builds. But don't get me wrong, I understand where you're coming from. You have to be careful what you believe on forums. It's only normal to be skeptical of a newcomers word. And I appreciate your kinds words when others try to be jerks. Anyways, no worries, a update should be out soon.
    11-29-08 10:42 AM
    LOL. What I dont understand is why in the he** is such a big deal being meade about the update. When we get it we will getit. We waited forever for the phone a couple weeks or a month will not kill us.
    many of us are waiting on the updated OS before we purchase the phone. Personally, i have no time for glitches and bugs. I do still have a lot of faith in this device, and a lot of hope .. but wont subject myself to dealing with a halfassed release

I bought the iphone (i wanted to own both) and it was flawless out of the box. browser dumped a few times, and an app forced a restart .. but other than that it is an amazing experience.

i know, i know .. apple has 2yrs on this phone. Im fine with that, and ill wait for a more stable OS.

Im glad i didnt rush into a purchase, i normally have no patience but the iphone is holding me over for now.
    11-29-08 10:48 AM
    best thing is wait
    11-29-08 10:49 AM
    i think we have answered that at least 4 times this thread alone... the amount of newbies and people who just dont care to read brought on by the release of the storm is out of control and frankly annoying. take the time to read
    Amen. I have been thinking that for over a week.

Okay, I know everyone here is willing to give Crucial Xtreme a **** or two but why don't we take a step back...

1. He was wrong about an update coming out on Monday
    2. He was wrong about the device launch OS

I haven't seen him correct on much? Seems like Sooks is a more reliable source.
    Did you read ALL of his posts and then see what he was correct on? That would be a lot of reading to do. The sooks comment is hilarious. Someone has pegged him on being a teenager, and with the "lick my ball sack" comment, I would have to agree.

This thread had me cracking up and rolling on the floor!! the amount of times "hot to OTA update..?", "I still haven't gotten mine, what gives?" and people calling out CX! I don't know the guy personally, but I have to say, there are too many people that got this phone that DEFINATELY shouldn't have.

Thanks CX for the head's up on the OS. Hopefully Bell ships theirs with this new OS (or higher) when it's released here.
    See, that is what Thanksgiving is about, being thankful for what you have, even if it is not much.

OK i need to add 2C. CX may not be on target 100% of the time, But the 1% he isn't, he is close and / or brings new info no one else was even expecting. I know for a fact that he has helped me and others decipher otherwise puzzeling issues.

I feel the Storm does has bugs. I still love it. I still think it has more potential to be a bigger a$$ kicker than it is all ready. And I appreciate that CX brings relevent hope to those who thrive on info. I don't care I can't have the update tonight. I do care that someone else cares enough to share with us the fact that there is one coming, which is all his statement was.
    I guess people were wanting more from a comment than possible.

Hahahah. thank you for a long, but somewhat entertaining thread. i was bored out of my mind today, and jumped onto the board. I think well all just had too much time on our hands today. You all probably did the same thing I did, stay in and avoid all the stores and mad people shopping.

Did you heard about the girl at a Wal-Mart get trampled and died? NUTS!!!!

Again, thanks for livening up my uneventfull day.
    Almost a complete waste of time reading 15 pages of stuff that could of been 1 post.

who the **** cares how he/she knows this doesnt anybody read previous posts.
    Obviously not.
    11-29-08 11:14 AM
    The latest version number I can post for the BlackBerry Storm is 4.7.0.77

This is the latest revision I can post.

Release is Imminent.
    11-29-08 11:17 AM
    The latest version number I can post for the BlackBerry Storm is 4.7.0.78

Release is Imminent.
    11-29-08 11:18 AM
    The latest version number I can post for the BlackBerry Storm is 4.7.0.79

Release is Imminent.

haha! This is fun! I could do this all day.
    11-29-08 11:19 AM
    lawl....you're toying with my emotions
    11-29-08 11:22 AM
    idk i just got off the phone with verizon and they said they arnt going to push the update to us until all the inicial orders are shipped.
    11-29-08 11:43 AM
    idk i just got off the phone with verizon and they said they arnt going to push the update to us until all the initial orders are shipped.
    Fixed it for you.
    11-29-08 11:45 AM
    I can't post my sources or give specifics, but I can say the next release will be a number higher than 4.7.0.65 and will be released within the next five years. Among other changes, the update will list a new version number in the options->about menu.

(I couldn't resist)
    11-29-08 11:46 AM
    I can't post my sources or give specifics, but I can say the next release will be a number higher than 4.7.0.65 and will be released within the next five years. Among other changes, the update will list a new version number in the options->about menu.

(I couldn't resist)
    Finally, some concrete and exact information! Whew...
    11-29-08 11:54 AM
    You're a regular comedian. Too bad those don't exist. Come back when you have some real information.
    You do the same, and we'll have a deal.

Edit: And by the way, they are real to me.
    Last edited by timberdc; 11-29-08 at 11:59 AM.
    11-29-08 11:57 AM
    Wow, this thread gets earily quite without a "Sorry CX in sight!"

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/os-...5-leak-105593/
    11-30-08 09:15 AM
    Wow, this thread gets earily quite without a "Sorry CX in sight!"

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/os-...5-leak-105593/
    Most of you guys are morons for talking crap about cx! Keep it up and he might choose to never post, giving us no insider details

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 10:31 AM
    Most of you guys are morons for talking crap about cx! Keep it up and he might choose to never post, giving us no insider details

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Just for the record, I was not giving crap to CX, I was just having a little fun. On the other hand, how did the original post benefit you in any way? Everybody knows that a new version of the OS is coming, what difference does the revision number make?
    11-30-08 06:39 PM
    any one see the new update this morning? Im waiting still
    12-05-08 11:08 AM
    i found the update through my DM and also direct through blackberry.com.

so now that were all let down by the official release of .75 anyone have any input if its worth it to go to bells .76 or just stick it out at the moment? i heard another patch is coming last week of december
    12-05-08 11:18 AM
    The latest is 4.7.0.85. Installed this week. It is not available for upgrgade on phone yet.
    01-13-09 07:42 PM
225 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD