did you make sure your network is set to 1XEV only and not GSM?
    It was set to global...i just changed it to 1XEV, so i'll give it a shot. Right now its 8:11 am central, and the battery life is at 75%, and i'll see what it will do for me. I unplugged it from the charger at 5 am this morning and only have been using BBM and some internet surfing.

Thanks.
    04-08-10 08:11 AM
    Wow! Lots of posts. It seems that many of the complaints are in regard to 3rd party apps not working right. I had hoped that this thread would help me decide if I should upgrade from .320, but after reading the first 5 and last 5 pages (sorry, I'm not reading 51 pages) I still can't tell what the consensus is, or if there is one. Is there some way to do a poll, for/against?
    Last edited by hubsm; 04-08-10 at 08:34 AM.
    04-08-10 08:25 AM
    I just installed this os today and now I'm having problems with iheartradio. It will not play any stations. Anyone else have the same problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Having the same problem, really frustrating....does anybody have a fix for this...
    04-08-10 08:30 AM
    Wow! Lots of posts. It seems that many of the complaints are in regard to 3rd party apps not working right. I had hoped that this thread would help me decide if I should upgrade from .320, but after reading the first 5 and last 5 pages (sorry, I'm not reading 51 pages) I still can't tell what the consensus is, or if there is one. Is there some way to do a poll, for/against?
    Is like every other OS. A lot of people are happy and some are not. Usually, the problems are all related to other apps/themes that are installed. If you don't use BBM groups and you don't do all of your net surfing on Opera, then just install it. That's the only way you'll find out if you like it. If you have problems, you can downgrade to .451 or .517, both way better than .320 and both very solid OS's.
    04-08-10 08:45 AM
    Just seeing if anyone else has had this issue - Installed .607 on monday, and have few complaints... until this morning when I went to sync my phone with DM and when it goes to sync my Outlook calendar with my device calender it hangs, and hasn't figured itself out.

Its pretty much a dealbreaker for me, unless anyone else has had this issue and has a fix for it.
    04-08-10 08:59 AM
    You wont be dissapointed. If you use the BBM groups, there is a workaround. And , my Opera, like many others, is working fine.
    04-08-10 09:00 AM
    The new google maps 4.0.1 is not working for me... other than that its all good!
    04-08-10 09:02 AM
    noticed a typing error in bbm grps i opened the keyboard however when i switch to symbols or numbers (in landscape mode) they would not show the alphabet would be there and i had to guess wich numbers/symbols were wich

is this part of the bbm grp chat bug b/c it doesnt happen all the time and i have only noticed it once or twice
    Preface: I have battery pulled 3 times since updating yesterday morning.

- I'm having the same issue here. I hit the numbers or symbols key, and I can type the numbers or symbols, but I can only see the qwerty keyboard still. Update: I left group, pulled battery, and got reinvited to group. Now the symbol and number buttons work correctly, although the other issue with the keyboard remains.

- In BB Messenger group chat, I have the other keyboard issue where it will not pop up when I'm trying to type. I have to do the new chat trick to get the keyboard to come up.

- Bluetooth volume has been decreased dramatically. I had it at half volume before when calling people in my office or calling home, but now I have it at full volume and can barely hear people.
    04-08-10 09:07 AM
    Paid version of StormSlider is not working since upgrade to 5.0.0.607. Definite problems with Google Map 4.0.1-- locks up on every search and Exit command won't work. Requires battery reset each time.
    04-08-10 09:09 AM
    Paid version of StormSlider is not working since upgrade to 5.0.0.607. Definite problems with Google Map 4.0.1-- locks up on every search and Exit command won't work. Requires battery reset each time.
    What do you mean SS isnt working? You mean on lock button or wont work at all
    Last edited by howarmat; 04-08-10 at 09:38 AM.
    04-08-10 09:25 AM
    I have a question....I upgraded this Am...How can I keep my email messages separate?..I can't figure it out..Thanks
    04-08-10 09:34 AM
    I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem but after I updated all my themes aren't working the same. The lock screen that themes provide is no longer working what ever screen I am on at the time of me hitting the lock button is the new lock screen this is horrible because I liked my lock screen for all my themes. And now simple things that woudnt make the phone slow down or glitch is like simply adding a picture to a contact will make the whole phone act stupid and freeze they need to rollback until they fix the problem. Help with this if possible
    04-08-10 09:51 AM
    thanks howarmat,i was running the 320 on my s2.i did not know where to get the 607.your a very interesting fellow.thanks...
    04-08-10 10:11 AM
    Missing Lock Icon.
    Lock upon holstering not working.

Suggestions on how to make the icon re-appear, that's more important than lock upon holstering (to me)?
    04-08-10 10:37 AM
    I believe it was removed as a result of being redundant. The lock button on the top left of your phone works much quicker now.
    04-08-10 10:40 AM
    Thank you kindly plex03. Is your lock upon holstering working?
    04-08-10 10:47 AM
    I have a question....I upgraded this Am...How can I keep my email messages separate?..I can't figure it out..Thanks
    Click on the "Messages" icon, BBmenu button go to Options and select inbox settings. there you can select/deselect the mailboxs you want in messages.
    This was not available in .320

Mike
    04-08-10 11:08 AM
    Thanks...I knew it was simple.....
    04-08-10 11:23 AM
    I upgraded yesterday and now when I sync with Outlook it wants to add all of the calendar entries to my Blackberry even though they are already there. If I accept it duplicates my entire calendar on my phone. Any ideas?
    04-08-10 11:36 AM
    Is anyone else having an issue where they can't open the keyboard in a bbm chat when you open it through your messages? It will open if you open the chat through BBM, but not when you open the chat through messages. Is there a fix for this? SO annoying. Sorry if this was mentioned before...

can someone please answer this?
    04-08-10 11:46 AM
    I upgraded yesterday and now when I sync with Outlook it wants to add all of the calendar entries to my Blackberry even though they are already there. If I accept it duplicates my entire calendar on my phone. Any ideas?
    Figured it out, the default services for my calendar got switched.
    04-08-10 11:53 AM
    That's happened to a bunch of people, including me. Go to Options/Default Services and make sure that the same name/email address you previously used for Calendar syncing is showing as the default. Upgrading switches it to (in my case) my VZW/Blackberry email address which I never use. Once I switched it back to my standard default I was good to go.

04-08-10 12:06 PM
    Maybe it's just my Storm2, but ever since I upgraded to .607 I no longer have a problem of not being able to click the end or back button. I know there was a silent recall to fix this, but I wonder if this software update does something to fix it?
    04-08-10 12:16 PM
    I searched and did not find this, so here goes:

I messed up when I switched from the S1 to the S2 a few weeks ago and had to reinstall all my 3rd party apps and BBM contacts. I am not looking forward to the prospect of doing that again. Will the .607 upgrade recreate that problem?
    04-08-10 12:22 PM
    It was set to global...i just changed it to 1XEV, so i'll give it a shot. Right now its 8:11 am central, and the battery life is at 75%, and i'll see what it will do for me. I unplugged it from the charger at 5 am this morning and only have been using BBM and some internet surfing.

Thanks.
    So now that 4 hours and 17 mins has passed since last update, my battery life has dropped to 25%, and the only thing i mainly used it for today was BBM. Not good.
    04-08-10 12:31 PM
1,037 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD