Sunday morning, 4/18, Phil Darringer, the RSA/EMC product manager for the RSA SecurID Token for the Blackberry, told the EMC Community Forum that RSA has developed a workaround for the keyboard problem on the BB 5.0.0.607 OS.

According to Mr. Darringer, RSA is now in the process of qualifying a new version of the SecurID app (v.3.0.4), which will address this problem, against the various RIM OS and device versions. RSA, he said, expects to soon make the new SecurID code available for free download from RSA.com.
    wonderful news! thank you. at least they are working on fix.
    04-19-10 03:10 AM
    My icon for Blackberry App World disappeared after upgrade to .607. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling but that did not work. Also, my WHERE application no longer works. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling and got same result as above. Any thoughts?
    04-19-10 10:11 AM
    I am sorry if this has been covered already, but after searching through this thread, I wasn't able to find anything concrete. I am now having issues with Meterberry reset. Most of the time, It will give me a pop up menu asking if i want to reset now or later, but doesn't do it until I click one of the options. Once it starts back up, it tells me that Meterberry has "removed or added" a module. WTF???

The other thing it does sometimes, is that i will wake up, and my screen will be saying "resetting" however it is frozen and has been that way since presumably 4am when I have it set up to reset. I have to do a battery pull to get it working. I have never had this issue before, and wondering if anyone else has had it, and if there is any fix.

Thanks
    04-19-10 12:28 PM
    Since I got the S2, I never need to do resets...ever, ever, unless installing or removing an app and in that case, they happen automatically. So, after reading your post, I decided to go ahead and try it myself. What a guy, eh? lol.

Anyway, just got the same thing as you. Where in the past, MeterBerry would do the reset without needing to respond to the prompts, now I have to do that and, as it was shutting down, I saw the same message about the "removed or added a module." Not sure what that's about. Your screen is probably freezing because you're not awake to follow through responding manually to the prompt that previously did not require that. Just turn off your daily auto reset until they come up with a fix. There's really no need to do that anyway, that's old, Storm 1 thinking.

I am sorry if this has been covered already, but after searching through this thread, I wasn't able to find anything concrete. I am now having issues with Meterberry reset. Most of the time, It will give me a pop up menu asking if i want to reset now or later, but doesn't do it until I click one of the options. Once it starts back up, it tells me that Meterberry has "removed or added" a module. WTF???

The other thing it does sometimes, is that i will wake up, and my screen will be saying "resetting" however it is frozen and has been that way since presumably 4am when I have it set up to reset. I have to do a battery pull to get it working. I have never had this issue before, and wondering if anyone else has had it, and if there is any fix.

Thanks
    04-19-10 12:41 PM
    What a guy, such a helpful community member lol. I suppose I will have to turn that off. I am going to reload the OS because I forgot to shrink out all the crap I don't use, figure I will free up some memory. and yea, I do that old mindset of needing the reset. (came to s2 from the 8330 lol) Oh well, everything else seems to work just fine for me.
    04-19-10 01:41 PM
    This is a known issue which has been brought up several times in this thread and several others. I'll try to explain: The new/changed menus for the device reset is not a bug with the OS or the app itself. All programs that simulate a battery pull, such as QuickPull, MeterBerry, QuickLaunch, etc., do this by telling the OS that their modules have been either changed, deleted, or added. That is what triggers the device to give the "Reboot Now / Reboot Later" menu. Always has done that. The menu has merely changed to tell you WHY the device wants to reset, in this case, it thinks some of the MeterBerry modules have changed. When the device starts back up, it shows another message indicating the reboot was successful and the changes it believed happened were applied. No changes actually were applied, they were SIMULATED.

As far as it not automatically selecting "Reboot Now" is something that will have to fixed with the apps themselves. It is not uncommon for certain features of an app to "break" when applied to a new OS.

I hope that explains it. I've never seen so many people freak out about the wording of a menu changing.
    04-19-10 01:43 PM
    Hey, Orange: Thanks to you for the clarification. As I mentioned, since I never do resets anymore, unless they're automated as a result of an app installation or removal, I was not aware of it. I wasn't worried about the module reference, though I did not understand why it was saying that.

Bugs me at times, for all the time and reading I do on this forum, that something that pertains to my device and apps, seems to get by me!

Anyway, it's a feature that is long ago forgotten, but was sure appreciated in the days of Storm 1.

This is a known issue which has been brought up several times in this thread and several others. I'll try to explain: The new/changed menus for the device reset is not a bug with the OS or the app itself. All programs that simulate a battery pull, such as QuickPull, MeterBerry, QuickLaunch, etc., do this by telling the OS that their modules have been either changed, deleted, or added. That is what triggers the device to give the "Reboot Now / Reboot Later" menu. Always has done that. The menu has merely changed to tell you WHY the device wants to reset, in this case, it thinks some of the MeterBerry modules have changed. When the device starts back up, it shows another message indicating the reboot was successful and the changes it believed happened were applied. No changes actually were applied, they were SIMULATED.

As far as it not automatically selecting "Reboot Now" is something that will have to fixed with the apps themselves. It is not uncommon for certain features of an app to "break" when applied to a new OS.

I hope that explains it. I've never seen so many people freak out about the wording of a menu changing.
    04-19-10 01:54 PM
    No problem! Coming from a 8330 it is strange that gone are the days of the daily battery pull. I can't seem to go longer than a week without adding/deleting an app or at least switching batteries, so mine gets rebooted fairly often. Never hurts anything anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 01:58 PM
    its not a big deal, i just click reboot now and it reboots. So 1 extra click. I have never done a schedule reboot on my storm 1 or 2. Never needed to either.
    04-19-10 02:44 PM
    Ok so here's a new question. Up until now we were all positive any changes to an OS would mean it would then have a different OS version number. Apparently that is not always the case, since .591 for the Tour is being updated with a new platform but the OS version number will remain the same. That means it would be technically possible for RIM/VZW to release an updated .607 with a new platform to correct the bugs that we are experiencing with .607.

This leads me to believe that RIM replaced the radio file in .591. The platform number is tied to the radio (.sfi) file. This is obvious because when I had .517 radio file and the entire .553 lava file, even though the device said I had .553 the platform number had not changed. Same with my .607 with the whole .612 lava file. That would mean that RIM has built a little hybrid OS of their own.
    Last edited by Mr. Orange 645; 04-19-10 at 04:03 PM.
    04-19-10 03:55 PM
    correct, they can make a change in the radio file and change the platform. the OS version we all refer to is the app version. In reality that is wrong. Crucial pointed that out long ago to us but somehow we all still refer to the app version when talking about OS.

This has been done a couples times before actually that the platform might stay the same and a new app version or the other way around. **** i think Sprint actually withdrew and OS altogether at one time. (hint hint VZW)

Most of the problems are indeed tied to radio in this OS as the hybrids havent fixed anything to my knowledge yet. But i also hear that even other builds like 612 and 634 even have the problems 607 does. RIM works at such a fast pace that they may go thru 50 builds before getting to fixing some errors because it takes that long to find out about them.
    Last edited by howarmat; 04-19-10 at 04:31 PM.
    04-19-10 04:28 PM
    Are some of you having problems with the internal clock alarm settings. It will never play the alarm sound i choose at first, but it will play it once i hit snooze and it goes off again.

Do I need to re-install .607? or is it a bug.
    04-20-10 03:38 PM
    no issue with my alarm
    04-20-10 03:54 PM
    Are some of you having problems with the internal clock alarm settings. It will never play the alarm sound i choose at first, but it will play it once i hit snooze and it goes off again.

Do I need to re-install .607? or is it a bug.
    I am having the exact same issue. My alarm only goes off about 25% of the time. I am glad the vibrate is so loud. But it sucks not being able to rely on the alarm.

I cannot figure it out. At first I thought it was due to setting my sounds to phone call only but that did not solve the issue. Now I think it is some combination of plugging it into the charger and hitting the screen lock button. I will continue to test and report back if I figure it out.

04-20-10 04:07 PM

I figured out the alarm issue. It is pretty simple actually. If you lock the phone the alarm will not sound.

04-20-10 04:14 PM
    remember if you use a music file on the SD card and your phone is plugged into a PC the SD is not available and the music file will not play.
    04-20-10 04:27 PM
    So idk if anyone has thrown this out there but I wanted to let you guys know a temporary fix for the group bbm keyboard issue (at least its worked every time thus far since I discovered it.). While in the group, hit the bb button, select new chat, the keyboard will pop up giving you the option to name the new chat. Don't name one, press the back button and the keyboard will stay! . Note, the !?123 button doesn't show the alternate numbers and symbols in landscape but will still work if you remember where everything is. . Hope I didn't repeat a previous post, just wanted to get it out there before I forgot. Enjoy

Thanks I can live with that! Works great.
    04-20-10 08:40 PM

I figured out the alarm issue. It is pretty simple actually. If you lock the phone the alarm will not sound.

I played around with it too. I noticed my alarm will play my select tone(BBRelaxed_Tranquility) just fine off the charger.
    Once on the charger it plays the (Alarm_Antelope) everytime. Once I hit snooze, the second alarm will play BBRelaxed_Tranquility.

I need this fixed. LOL. Alarm_Antelope is to loud.

Would you say this is a bug in OS 607 ?
    04-20-10 09:47 PM
    WOW!! Tranquility actually WAKES YOU UP? LOL. I remembered that tone and just went back to verify before posting...man, if I heard that while sleeping, I think I'd just readjust my pillow and roll over!

I played around with it too. I noticed my alarm will play my select tone(BBRelaxed_Tranquility) just fine off the charger.
    Once on the charger it plays the (Alarm_Antelope) everytime. Once I hit snooze, the second alarm will play BBRelaxed_Tranquility.

I need this fixed. LOL. Alarm_Antelope is to loud.

Would you say this is a bug in OS 607 ?
    04-20-10 09:59 PM
    WOW!! Tranquility actually WAKES YOU UP? LOL. I remembered that tone and just went back to verify before posting...man, if I heard that while sleeping, I think I'd just readjust my pillow and roll over!
    I'm a very light sleeper, I even have the volume set to 1.
    anything wakes me up.
    Any other tone will wake my wife up. Thats all i need, to have her up when I'm up. LOL thats my alone time LOL
    04-20-10 10:05 PM
    Wow, this is a really long thread, I'll read through it when I have more time. I'm sorry if my post is redundant.

I am really concerned about that alarm issue. Thanks to Lrice10005, I was able to get my alarm to work, but I always lock my phone. Is there anyway to work around this? I can try to remember not to lock the phone when the alarm is on, but its just so ingrained now, that I know I'll have problems.

I also have another odd problem, in landscape, on the numbers screen, I don't have 0 - I have 1-9 like always, but below the 8, where the 0 used to be, is just a blank key. Any fixes for this?

Lastly two observations: One, with the original os, when the phone was locked if I touched any of the bottom buttons the screen would turn on and tell me that he phone was locked (which I understand was a design feature of the phone, not a problem). With the new os, it seems like the phone does this a LOT more now. If I have the phone in my front pants pocket I can feel the screen click, and every time that I checked, the phone is still locked, but the screen is active.

Two, (and this may be in my head) but it seems like every time I get a text message and I try to access it from the home screen, no matter how still I hold the phone, the screen goes to the landscape home page (as if I turned the phone on its side). This is really just an annoyance, not a real problem.
    04-21-10 08:49 AM
    Haven't seen this listed anywhere here yet....

I recently received an insurance replacement phone (lost the other) then updated to this new OS .607 once made available by VZW (OTA) and now whenever I try to use the camera, it reboots/resets my BB. Any thoughts on this?

Apps installed:
    UberTwitter
    VIP Access
    MemoryBooster
    Poynt
    SkypeMobile
    BatteryBooster
    PowerControl
    SmartWiFi
    NFL Mobile
    Facebook
    VZ Navigator
    V Cast Music (don't remember installing that one )

VZW support recommened I reinstall the OS, but before I do I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions or may have run across this issue before.

Thanks in advance.
    04-21-10 10:18 AM
    Was wondering if there is anyone with 607 experience on T-mobile? Have an unlocked 9550 (VZW branded) that originally would not work on t-mobile. Kept getting the "no carrier" error. Someone suggested the Saskatel .517 OS and that works like a charm. Battery life is definitely an issue but everything else seems to be working fine on T-mobile. A bit hesitant to upgrade OS without input from other t-mobile users. Any issues?

Thanks
    04-21-10 10:42 AM
    Has anyone noticed any problems with Content Protection and the new 9550 OS?

Several of our Storm2 users running .607 have reported seeing <Content Protection Enabled> on most of their Calendar entries on both the BB and in Outlook.

Newly added Calendar entries sync fine both ways and display properly, but all older Calendar appointments do not. All are running the latest OS from Verizon, 5.0.0.607 and all have recently upgraded their device OS or recently upgraded to Storm2 with .607 from another device.

I upgraded a test Storm2 to .607 and within an hour had repeated the problem on my test account.

RIM T Support is saying that there is some bug with Verizon device code.

We've tried disabling Content Protection
    We've tried clearing Calendar device databases
    We've tried wiping and reactivating the devices, all unsuccessfully.

Now we're trying to restore Calendar items from previous Exchange backups and wiping, scrubbing and re-activating to see if that fixes the issue.

Just wanted to know if anyone had witnessed this or had any idea what may be going wrong. Maybe a conflict with another IT Policy?
    04-21-10 10:52 AM
    Google Maps 4 is broke! Do not upgrade
    Google Maps for Mobile 4.0.2 was released this morning and it now works without issues on 5.0.0.607. Please remove this drawback from the first post, thanks.
    04-21-10 12:01 PM
1,037 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD