In Agenda view of the Calendar app, my tasks are not listed in order of priority.
    I have a high priority task at 11 pm and it is listed below a normal priority tasks at 11 pm.

However when I switch to the Task app, every task is listed in the proper order.
    04-08-10 05:32 PM
    Good- Typing is hugely improved. They keyboard is so responsive, and I love the pop up keys. The browser does seem a bit quicker.

The Bad- Battery life is unfortunately horrible, almost 40% worse. I have a total of 7 apps installed, of which I have all but two off all the time. Hopefully there is a work around for this.

When going from portrait to landscape, i have to press an icon twice in order for it to engage.

I also notice that if I try to respond to a BBM within my main mail folder, I cannot get the keyboard to pop up.
    04-08-10 05:48 PM
    Anybody know why it doesn't allow me when trying to start Shazam and trying to read reviews on App world?

And how to fix these problems??

Deleting and re installing work?
    04-08-10 08:15 PM
    After installing the upgrade, I am no longer getting the unread message count shown for individual mailboxes. In addition to the total unread message count in the top status bar, each mailbox icon/link would include the unread message count in ()'s next to the name i.e. (2). Now i can tell how many unread messages there are, but not which mailbox they are in...

Anyone else have this problem, or know a solution?
    I am also missing the un read email counts for each email account.

Anyone have a fix to restore this yet?
    04-08-10 09:28 PM
    Just loaded .607. can anyone tell me how to remove the enhanced gmail plugin. I removed it from the last leak using BBSAK but know when I go into BBSAK and read the system, there is no COD listing for the gmail plugin. It gives me the standard looking icon for my gmail and it wont show the icon that goes with my theme. can anyone help. I apologize if this has been addressed. have a new twin babies in the house and dont have the time to sleep let alone look through all the pages, any help would be appreciated. thanks
    04-08-10 10:53 PM
    My contact list is jumbled and duplicated after the upgrade. This happen to anyone else?
    04-09-10 12:31 AM
    yep...several here talking about it and calendar messes. Go to Options/Advanced Options/Default Services and make sure the correct default names are selected. I know this fixes email synching issues, it may also fix your Contacts issue next time you synch.

I have noticed this too!
    My contact list is jumbled and duplicated after the upgrade. This happen to anyone else?
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 04-09-10 at 12:46 AM.
    04-09-10 12:44 AM
    Thanks Verizon for this OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 01:21 AM
    I've noticed something similar. If I have the clock open then my alarm will sound, otherwise the alarm message pops up on my screen but doesn't make any sound. This includes alarms I have setup in my calendar (appt reminders work though).

I use bedside mode each night so my daily wake-up alarm hasn't had any problems. But I did find out the hard way that my calendar alarm didn't work like it used to. I think I might make my calendar alarm into an appt instead that way I know the sound will go off.
    04-09-10 05:52 AM
    It would appear that the vast majority of posts are negative for 607, so I guess I won't go through the hassle of changing. I just can't understand how BB and Verizon can release a new OS with so many obvious, non-third-party app, problems. I always heard that the reason it is so long between "official" updates is that Verizon is so anal about wanting it to be right before endorsing it. 607 does not seem to support that theory.
    04-09-10 06:45 AM
    Man I haven't noticed anything negative keyboard seems fast less typos too . battery wasn't that great to begin with I use pandora pretty much all the time or my mp3 player so I kinda help run it down lol , but nothings made me want to go downgrade. It did take forever to download it . That sucked but I'm happy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 07:02 AM
    for any hardcore music fans, streaming using Berrytunes doesnt work well on this build. It causes many audio artifacts and crashes

O.K. I did not read this post before I installed and no, I did not back up first. Now, I need to know if I can go back to a previous version (517) so that I can stream again, or am I just hosed?
    04-09-10 01:13 PM
    All i got to see was the hourglass... MAJOR issues, too long to type all out, needless to say the upgrade failed, some stupid 523 app error. i didnt like the hourglass. I also prefer the spinning clock, more modern and cool looking.
    04-09-10 01:54 PM
    Man they really screwed this one up. I have a password set on my phone but it only asks for it if I do a battery pull restart. And if the security timeout reaches it set time. If I manually press the top left lock button, it locks as though I have no password set. So it will lock but anyone could access my phone just by pressing the top lock button again.
    I totally hate this change. I had to changed my security time out to 2 mins so that way it is always locked since i can't do it from the power button anymore. >-( I just had a phone stolen a few weeks back, and imagine all the info they would have been able to see if it wasn't password protected. The stolen phone became paper weight by the morning since i put it in the Deny/Stolen List. :-P
    Last edited by WillAG10; 04-09-10 at 02:13 PM.
    04-09-10 02:06 PM
    My storm2 now randomly locks up completely when I have all my apps installed and no its not an app issue as my pgone ran fine on the .517 official

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-09-10 02:23 PM
    It would appear that the vast majority of posts are negative for 607, so I guess I won't go through the hassle of changing. I just can't understand how BB and Verizon can release a new OS with so many obvious, non-third-party app, problems. I always heard that the reason it is so long between "official" updates is that Verizon is so anal about wanting it to be right before endorsing it. 607 does not seem to support that theory.
    I completely agree and it is beyond my understanding why they would release this build. .320 at least has everything working even though it was a bit slower and didn't have pop up keys.

04-09-10 02:26 PM
    I did the upgrade this morning and I noticed when i went to make a call, some contacts had disappeared. Upon further investigation, i saw that some contacts had doubled, even tripled. Also, some contacts had morphed together so phone numbers were incorrect, last names, Facebook links.

VERY odd....has anyone else seen anything like this??
    04-09-10 02:42 PM
    I completely agree and it is beyond my understanding why they would release this build. .320 at least has everything working even though it was a bit slower and didn't have pop up keys.

Did the addition of Skype drive the release?
    04-09-10 02:47 PM
    Did the addition of Skype drive the release?
    no, that mkes no difference
    04-09-10 03:04 PM
    ...Hard to believe that SOMEBODY during Beta testing of this OS, didn't address this issue.

<<Bluetooth volume has been decreased dramatically. I had it at half volume before when calling people in my office or calling home, but now I have it at full volume and can barely hear people.>>
    hahahahahaha. Blackberry software has to be the most overlooked and buggy software I have ever seen! One release 50 things are fixed and 50 are now broken. You know it's not really tested or the obvious would be fixed. This forum identifies most of the bugs within hours of the release.

Another thing is how can we have so much variation in findings?? You go from nothing works to everything is fine on the next post. Mine has worked well at .607 minus some annoyances of where the cursor is placed and power button not locking (not a fan of this change either). One might say it's just user perception, but I don't think so. It has a lot to do with how upgrades are performed and what existing software isn't updated properly or just plain silently fails behind the scenes while upgrading. Similar to when you upgraded windows 98 to 2000 and expected everything to work after the first reboot. I think that if everyone started with a wiped phone and didn't try to put all their apps and setting back on (from backups) it would probably work better than they think. You would have to re-do everything though and that sux. Keep in mind that just because a vendor didn't update their libraries to match the new OS doesn't mean the OS is shet as a lot of people complain. It just means the application needs to be updated or re-installed. A lot of the people complaining about the OS are really people complaining about their application. Still no excuse for the obvious bugs that drive us all crazy and could so so easily be fixed.
    Last edited by madhusker; 04-09-10 at 03:50 PM.
    04-09-10 03:10 PM
    I just did the upgrade 5 munutes ago. I looked over everything and all appears to work fine. No extra contacts and no apps that are disabled. Phone and messaging all work like before.

Thanks Verizon for a smooth, flawless upgrade.
    Last edited by Deputy276; 04-09-10 at 07:31 PM.
    04-09-10 03:29 PM
    I did the upgrade this morning and I noticed when i went to make a call, some contacts had disappeared. Upon further investigation, i saw that some contacts had doubled, even tripled. Also, some contacts had morphed together so phone numbers were incorrect, last names, Facebook links.

VERY odd....has anyone else seen anything like this??

Same EXACT things happened to me. I tried to restore my contacts from previous back ups but nothing worked, downgrading my OS didnt help either. Might take the phone to VZW tomorrow along with my old curve and reload my contacts that way.
    04-09-10 05:44 PM
    So far the only things I can say are wrong are my Google Maps (using 4.0.1 that I downloaded the other day; oh well) and AP News. I think I'll try deleting AP News and then re-installing from AppWorld.

As far as BBM chats in Messages, I have had no problem pulling up the keyboard. It's there from jump.

It's incredible how many variant things are happening with this update. I am convinced that it is a combination of apps, SOME hardware issues (if you had sticky keys - I did not) and the process in which you downloaded and upgraded. No one is doing the exact same thing or using the exact same apps.
    04-09-10 07:00 PM
    My VZ Navigator reverted back to 4.2 and I'm having a heck of time getting 5.0 back
    04-09-10 07:48 PM
    read about 15 pages on this thread & searched for it. Here are the things I do not like. Shazam does not work (tried above fix with no luck, one of my favorite apps), Storm Slider no longer works (its unavailable), Email message count gone on ind boxes, You tube app no longer works and finally why .607 sucks is that when you push the green phone button, then push your call log button, you are missing the buttons at the bottom (up/down voice mail & search). I need to see about going back.
    P.S. took it off the charger at 7:30 am & the batter just went red at 6:45 pm. Normally i would be at 2 bars. I am running it on the edge network as i was before (gsm with tmobile).
    Last edited by skottman; 04-09-10 at 08:55 PM.
    04-09-10 08:52 PM
1,037 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD