After installing the upgrade, I am no longer getting the unread message count shown for individual mailboxes. In addition to the total unread message count in the top status bar, each mailbox icon/link would include the unread message count in ()'s next to the name i.e. (2). Now i can tell how many unread messages there are, but not which mailbox they are in...

Anyone else have this problem, or know a solution?
    04-08-10 12:37 PM
    Go into your email settings and under sync options make sure the delete on both is checked off

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I was hoping this worked. No luck, I still only have two choices Delete and Cancel. Checking or De-Checking Box made no difference in behaviour.

Update changed from Outlook Calendar to GMail, wiped out Outlook after synch. Then duplicated on phone after re-synch. I wiped phone and still can't get a good Calendar Synch. I did go back to an older back-up file and still have issues. I can synch once accept changes, then immediately synch and have up to 486 changes.

Noticed lost volume on Bluetooth headset.

I'm trying to find .517, no luck with search. Is there a link to a download that someone can direct me to? Thanks!
    04-08-10 12:44 PM
    Since I have not asked a question in the last 5 minutes, I have thought of another one. Which OS install manner is best OTA or DTM?
    04-08-10 12:45 PM
    Depends on which camp you're in (and I'm not certain anybody really knows for sure). There is the "it's a hardware issue" camp and then there's the "it's a software issue" camp. Both may be right, I don't know. I had problems and got one of the new replacements and things were as slick as a baby's ****. Perfect clicking, no sticking. I know of others who had installed leaked OSs and claimed the same thing, no more sticking. I should mention that there are also those who made torx screw adjustments and also claimed this resolved the issue (the replacement devices had silicone sleeves installed on the actuators). So, there's the recap. So long as your phone is working well, you're in great shape!

Maybe it's just my Storm2, but ever since I upgraded to .607 I no longer have a problem of not being able to click the end or back button. I know there was a silent recall to fix this, but I wonder if this software update does something to fix it?
    04-08-10 12:47 PM
    That's one of those "depends on who you ask" questions. Personally, I've read more problems from those who did OTA than those who did DM. Personally, I'd recommend DM but then, someone else may well post and say "no, go OTA"

Since I have not asked a question in the last 5 minutes, I have thought of another one. Which OS install manner is best OTA or DTM?
    04-08-10 12:49 PM
    I upgraded day before yesterday. I had no issues the first day. Yesterday I had to do 3 battery pulls. I have about the same usage everyday. The back of my phone suddenly became hot yesterday. I did a battery pull and that worked. The battery lasted about 40% less than usual. I have also had some lagging today. I just changed my network technology option to 1Xev, so I will see if that helps batter life today. I am not very thrilled with this OS. I will try it a while longer to see if the bugs magically work themselves out. I also noticed that when I hold my finger over a key on the keyboard to highlight it there are a lot of little blue squares emitting around the key instead of just the normal blue light by itself. It's kinda weird........anyone else noticed this?
    04-08-10 12:52 PM
    can someone please answer this?

Originally Posted by Axlfro
    Is anyone else having an issue where they can't open the keyboard in a bbm chat when you open it through your messages? It will open if you open the chat through BBM, but not when you open the chat through messages. Is there a fix for this? SO annoying. Sorry if this was mentioned before...

anyone, anyone? Bueller, Bueller?
    04-08-10 01:00 PM
    If you have a Today style theme the preview of your text messages is now showing. I pray that features stays in future builds. I sent 10 messages for my iPhone to my Storm 2, and so far I have been able to see the preview on my today screen. The downside is it shows only 2 messages at a time. Good so far.

i am not getting a preview, just the red notification icon. can someone please tell me how to fix this?

Thanks
    04-08-10 01:37 PM
    Yeah, you aren't going crazy.. was happening for everyone..
    04-08-10 02:06 PM
    I upgraded yesterday and now when I sync with Outlook it wants to add all of the calendar entries to my Blackberry even though they are already there. If I accept it duplicates my entire calendar on my phone. Any ideas?

When you do the upgrade, it changes your default calander mime in options > Adv options > default services.

Do a hard wipe of info, resend service books, reset default mime as mapped above, then re-sync.
    04-08-10 02:09 PM
    Hello all. I did a search on this subject but did not find an answer. If indeed it has been addressed, sorry for the repeat question.

I have seen the solution for recovering memory when the upgrade was done OTA, but is there a solution for some memory reduction when the upgrade was done via DM? I have lost around 6MB of memory after the upgrade, no huge issue but was surprised. Thanks in advance for any help.
    04-08-10 02:17 PM
    Thank you kindly plex03. Is your lock upon holstering working?
    I don't holster mine so I can't answer that. Sorry.
    04-08-10 02:17 PM
    Installed 2 days ago. Some issues with the keyboard seem to have been addressed. Texting is now much easier.
    04-08-10 02:22 PM
    I don't believe I've seen any complaints of memory loss after upgrading via DM...this is news to me. I did the DM upgraded and gained about 8MB of memory.

Hello all. I did a search on this subject but did not find an answer. If indeed it has been addressed, sorry for the repeat question.

I have seen the solution for recovering memory when the upgrade was done OTA, but is there a solution for some memory reduction when the upgrade was done via DM? I have lost around 6MB of memory after the upgrade, no huge issue but was surprised. Thanks in advance for any help.
    04-08-10 02:27 PM

- Bluetooth volume has been decreased dramatically. I had it at half volume before when calling people in my office or calling home, but now I have it at full volume and can barely hear people.
    I have noticed this too!
    04-08-10 03:21 PM
    Originally Posted by Axlfro
    Is anyone else having an issue where they can't open the keyboard in a bbm chat when you open it through your messages? It will open if you open the chat through BBM, but not when you open the chat through messages. Is there a fix for this? SO annoying. Sorry if this was mentioned before...

anyone, anyone? Bueller, Bueller?
    Same here anyone know of a fix??
    04-08-10 03:23 PM
    I upgraded day before yesterday. I had no issues the first day. Yesterday I had to do 3 battery pulls. I have about the same usage everyday. The back of my phone suddenly became hot yesterday. I did a battery pull and that worked. The battery lasted about 40% less than usual. I have also had some lagging today. I just changed my network technology option to 1Xev, so I will see if that helps batter life today. I am not very thrilled with this OS. I will try it a while longer to see if the bugs magically work themselves out. I also noticed that when I hold my finger over a key on the keyboard to highlight it there are a lot of little blue squares emitting around the key instead of just the normal blue light by itself. It's kinda weird........anyone else noticed this?

my battery not getting hot, but having similar issues with poor battery life, noticeably worse than 320 (i was and am set to 1xev)

also much more laggy than it was before
    04-08-10 03:54 PM
    Many complaints on this and it's happened to me as well. Just now, I deleted my Jawbone Prime from my S2, then re-paired it. I then noticed that my default BT volume was lower than normal, so I increased that. It appears to be louder, but until I get into a noiser environment, the jury is still out...Hard to believe that SOMEBODY during Beta testing of this OS, didn't address this issue.

I have noticed this too!
    <<Bluetooth volume has been decreased dramatically. I had it at half volume before when calling people in my office or calling home, but now I have it at full volume and can barely hear people.>>
    04-08-10 03:58 PM
    Mostly good things I've noticed with .607. Everything runs a little smoother. My screen clicking nonsense has been fixed by this. Only two major things I've noticed and have read around so bear with me. On previous OS I could lock my S2 using the upper left button and when locked it showed my wallpaper and if rotated showed a bluish screen. Now, when locked, it is my home screen with icons/apps either in portrait or landscape which bothers me. Also noticed that when I receive a notification by sms, mms, email or FB, the phone jumps to that icon/app shortcut immediately and opens it. I've disabled the auto open options for email and such (but there isnt one for FB) so between the funky screen lock and this it might have me going back to an older OS. But thats all I've noticed. Oh and as far as deleting the downgrade files from an OTA, mine aren't there either like some people are saying they should be. Whole load process took about 30 mins. All my apps loaded fine. Freed up a lil of memory but not much and have been using it all day for work / net / messenger and google chat. Battery life seems on par with before upgrade.
    04-08-10 04:09 PM
    There are tonsssssssssssssssss of posts and threads on the .607..... so what is the verdict???? Alot of negative, then positive feedback.

So far the only problem i've had is not being able to read reviews on blackberry app world. Big freaking deal!

I dont use BBMessenger, but I guess there is a glitch somewhere in there.

So what now, do we downgrade? Or stick it out with .607. I don't know about you, but i'm gong nuts just reading all of the posts
    04-08-10 04:14 PM
    i have noticed that with SMS when i open the message the cursor is automatically in the messeage i recieved. so after typeing a few leters it some how switches to the next message on the list. and the keyboard is always hidden. when i open the message as well.

any one have this issue as well or know how to fix it?
    04-08-10 04:19 PM
    There are tonsssssssssssssssss of posts and threads on the .607..... so what is the verdict???? Alot of negative, then positive feedback.

So far the only problem i've had is not being able to read reviews on blackberry app world. Big freaking deal!

I dont use BBMessenger, but I guess there is a glitch somewhere in there.

So what now, do we downgrade? Or stick it out with .607. I don't know about you, but i'm gong nuts just reading all of the posts
    I downgraded. I have problems with bluetooth and my battery life sucks after the install. Also the app "lock-it" does not work. It was nice while it lasted but back to .320 I go.
    04-08-10 04:20 PM
    Man they really screwed this one up. I have a password set on my phone but it only asks for it if I do a battery pull restart. And if the security timeout reaches it set time. If I manually press the top left lock button, it locks as though I have no password set. So it will lock but anyone could access my phone just by pressing the top lock button again.

BBM is totally screwed up. Of course the BBM Group Chat Keyboard problem but also under messages my bbm group chats are on there, even though the "Show group chat in messages application" is unchecked!

I really see no positives in this update. They changed the Options > Theme screen to look more like the Applications. I don't why this new bold font comes up when you type. And the calculator looks different. The thumbnails in pictures are smaller so its 4 to a row. The stock browser seems a tad bit faster The SMS are now with stripes.

I want .517 back.... but what a pain it is to downgrade
    04-08-10 04:47 PM
    Is everyone's mute button working properly in the phone app? Mine will mute but not unmute, I have to go into the menu to turn the mute off. I'm not sure if my phone did this before the update, but I just noticed it. Not a big deal, just curious.
    04-08-10 04:48 PM
    Thanks for the above info, but in trying to get the keyboard to work with Google Sync I can't seem to find where to turn on/off compatibility mode? Any help, th anks!
    04-08-10 05:23 PM
1,037 ... 3031323334 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD