If this becomes VZW official I will be surprised.

This build was made on March 27 meaning VZW certified it in only 5 days! It seemed like VZW spent a lot longer on certification based on the times between leaked and official for previous Storm releases.

I also cannot believe that they would certify this release when it doesn't have the view, delete, etc buttons in the phone app, no owner info on lockscreen (important for business users in case they misplace their phone someone can return it), Opera bug (haven't tested if this applies to mine or not since I barely use Opera), BBM bug (I know it only happens if it isn't a new chat but how is everyone supposed to know that?), and inconsistent browser speeds (fast on 3G while still crap on WiFi).

This build is an improvement on .320 for 95% of the OS, but that 5% is a sizeable chunk and I wouldn't think VZW would overlook the bugs like this.
    it is getting release and they actually spent more time testing this than the did on approving 328 for the storm 1, they only tested that for 1.5 days and this OS got maybe 2-3 before approving. sad but true
    04-02-10 08:26 PM
    so i have the last official release because i have a mac and cant figure out how to put leaked ones on(anyone with info feel free to pm me lol) so on monday if it comes out should i get it or will it be a mistake.
    04-02-10 08:32 PM
    the BBM icon is "shrunk" again

In .428 the icon appeared correctly (full size) now in 607 the icon is reduced again.
    I was just working on a new theme and it doesnt look good...

seems odd that it was fixed and now its not..... sigh such a simple thing too
    What theme is this...I really like it!
    04-02-10 08:36 PM
    it is getting release and they actually spent more time testing this than the did on approving 328 for the storm 1, they only tested that for 1.5 days and this OS got maybe 2-3 before approving. sad but true
    So what do you think- should I go with the .607 or the .517? I am so confused... Help
    04-02-10 08:39 PM
    So what do you think- should I go with the .607 or the .517? I am so confused... Help
    Go with .607. Just make sure you do a clean install and know that if you have your bbm's show in your messages folder then you have to go through your messages folder to type. The keyboard won't show up in BBM if they're in your messages folder.
    04-02-10 08:46 PM
    Go with .607. Just make sure you do a clean install and know that if you have your bbm's show in your messages folder then you have to go through your messages folder to type. The keyboard won't show up in BBM if they're in your messages folder.
    ok so if I set my bbm to not show up in my message folder then I wont have the keyboard issue? Also what do you mean clean install? I was planning on doing it OTA- is that not a good idea
    04-02-10 08:49 PM
    I installed it yesterday morning and so far no glitches except in Opera mini half the screen disappears until you rotate the phone.. I went well over 24 hours before I had to recharge the battery and thats with moderate use of the phone a bunch of texts and BBM, ICQ, Skype and msn messenger all running. it does take a while te reboot but i don't think it's any longer than before. Browser does seem speedier. All in all I'm glad I upgraded.
    04-02-10 08:59 PM
    Has anyone noticed their screen being brighter/clearer? I checked my settings to see if they had changed but is still at 60 for brightness.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 09:14 PM
    well bob what do you want me to add? have you loaded it? is there anything concrete to say?
    Not wasting my time, seen nothing that makes me want to spend 30 minutes on an OS load versus the functionality and performance I'm getting from .428. Actually seems like a step backward from what I've read, but I'll keep reading. If VZW forces this onto the device I guess I'll get plenty of time with it then
    04-02-10 09:19 PM
    Has anyone had any success using shrink an os with this?
    04-02-10 09:29 PM
    i shrank with no issue
    04-02-10 09:41 PM
    I had 607 on my phone for two days, then I switched back to 517. Photo browser was incredibly slow, image stabilizer would not work when taking pix, too much lag from portrait to landscape in browser. BerryWeather and Viigo would update only manually.

But the really big deal breaker was that the paid Show me the images v1.2 would not work at all for any of my email accounts. Happy now I'm back on 517.
    04-02-10 09:45 PM
    wow im sorry

berryweather updates for me every hour
    show me the images works fine

pictures seem fine too
    04-02-10 09:52 PM
    I haven't had any of those issues either. I'm having my fair share of issues, but no problems with BW or Show Me. No lag in my browser either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 10:41 PM
    as stated earier, I havent had the probs that many of you have had. My videos and music play great...

I will say that I have one of the newer hardware phones and i did NOT wipe the existing OS or shrink it or remove anything from the new one. I just downloaded and upgraded thru DM. Even left the internet on.. Don't know if that helps explain things or not
    04-02-10 11:03 PM
    Since VZW v. seems to be same as this I'm just gonna install now (who wants to install on a sunday night). Don't know why but I can no longer install through app loader or DM - only way to do so is by using BBSAK which then opens app loader and then it works.
    Another thing I just noticed is that when rebooting phone during installation the LED is constantly switching between pink and blue (ya it's pink and not red). Anyone else notice this? Okay now it's back to red...
    .428 had the best batt life for me... lasted at least 10 hours as per my usage where as .517 lasted literally less than 4 hours (again as per my usage).
    04-02-10 11:41 PM
    Is there any way to restore the word completion to its old format (where it stretched across the screen)? I preferred it that way. Now with .607 it is a vertical list which I don't find as aesthetically appealing...I've tried fussing with the screen/text input settings but nothing as of yet. Any help would be most greatly appreciated!

Otherwise, besides adding Skype, I really haven't noticed any major changes. I'm not getting the improved browser speed most folks are mentioning but the screen lock is vastly improved. Battery life also, for me at least, is better than .451.
    04-02-10 11:42 PM
    Is there any way to restore the word completion to its old format (where it stretched across the screen)? I preferred it that way. Now with .607 it is a vertical list which I don't find as aesthetically appealing...I've tried fussing with the screen/text input settings but nothing as of yet. Any help would be most greatly appreciated!

Otherwise, besides adding Skype, I really haven't noticed any major changes. I'm not getting the improved browser speed most folks are mentioning but the screen lock is vastly improved. Battery life also, for me at least, is better than .451.
    The lock is the same as .517 and skype was pushed by vzw to all of the storms on their network.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-02-10 11:44 PM
    The lock is the same as .517 and skype was pushed by vzw to all of the storms on their network.
    Well I didn't have Skype until I updated my OS, and as I said, I was on .451 before...
    04-02-10 11:51 PM
    Tried it... got a 507. I hate 507 literally. Got one almost once a week when I had the tour and now this is the first on the S2... great.
    04-02-10 11:51 PM
    Bucky F'n Dent would support the newest release...always.
    04-02-10 11:53 PM
    ===== QUOTE csalem77 ====

===== /QUOTE ====

Well I didn't have Skype until I updated my OS, and as I said, I was on .451 before...
    Ok. It gets pushed after certain reboots is all I'm saying. Not disagreeing with you.

04-03-10 12:03 AM
    Ok. It gets pushed after certain reboots is all I'm saying. Not disagreeing with you.

KK, no worries. Any thoughts on the word completion issue?
    04-03-10 12:10 AM
    ===== QUOTE csalem77 ====

===== /QUOTE ====

KK, no worries. Any thoughts on the word completion issue?
    Yea unfortunately there's no way to change it. I liked it better before too. This is the worst leak I've tried even going back to the storm 1 leaks. Except the s1 leak that reset your phone when you tried to launch the camera...lol!

04-03-10 12:14 AM
    Yea unfortunately there's no way to change it. I liked it better before too. This is the worst leak I've tried even going back to the storm 1 leaks. Except the s1 leak that reset your phone when you tried to launch the camera...lol!

Heh, well thank goodness everything still seems to be working.

I guess it still does the same thing, I just found the old layout a bit nicer. Oh well. I wish it was an option rather than a mandatory change. :-/
    04-03-10 12:16 AM
1,037 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD