Shazam won't work with this version. Addonis standby also doesn't work. But Meterberry works fine for me, even after a reboot. Anyone worked Patternlock with this leak? Does it work OK?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 09:07 AM
    Shazam won't work with this version. Addonis standby also doesn't work. But Meterberry works fine for me, even after a reboot. Anyone worked Patternlock with this leak? Does it work OK?

PatternLock is working fine for me.
    04-02-10 09:20 AM
    right out of VZW info manager.
    BlackBerry Storm2 Software Enhancements
    Effective Date: 4/5/2010

Coming soon! Starting 4/5, Verizon Wireless introduces a new software update for the BlackBerry Storm2 smartphone. Users will be able to upgrade their software to version 5.0.0 release 1020 (platform 4.2.0.275/applications 5.0.0.607) to receive new improvements and enhancements.

Key Advantages:

Multimedia - Improved video recording and playback, enhanced music features, and video streaming enhancements from YouTube.
    Messaging - Improved function for reading, sending, forwarding, and deleting SMS messages.
    Basic Operations - Simplified key-lock functionality, improved operation during charging, enhanced display response, and when using your device with Bluetooth headset the Silent option now appears as expected in the trusted drop-down list.

Software Availability:

The software upgrade will be available to customers beginning at 6:00 PM ET on 04/05/2010 via the following methods:

OTASL (Over The Air Software Loading):
    OTA User Initiated
    Verizon Wireless Network Pushed Process (Poke)
    Web Based Software
    Desktop Manager Software
    See the BlackBerry Storm2 support website for a more detailed list of the enhancements, improvements, and download instructions.
    04-02-10 09:22 AM
    one more bug that has been bugging me since 451.
    the input style goes back to word completion right after you press the call button (start the phone application). anyone notice this or everyone uses the word completion feature? anyone know to fix this?

also that bbmgroup problem is REALLY annoying. i don't use it a lot, but lately my business colleagues started to use it. so, a fix will be very appreciated.

thanks.
    04-02-10 09:29 AM
    the input style goes back to word completion right after you press the call button (start the phone application). anyone notice this or everyone uses the word completion feature? anyone know to fix this?
    That word completion bug has been bugging the crap out of me. Its annoying because it keeps changing all my words and what I type ends up making no sense.
    04-02-10 09:42 AM
    the BBM icon is "shrunk" again

In .428 the icon appeared correctly (full size) now in 607 the icon is reduced again.
    I was just working on a new theme and it doesnt look good...

seems odd that it was fixed and now its not..... sigh such a simple thing too
    04-02-10 09:47 AM
    Just went back to 571, OOAK 604 hybrid...Since installing 607, Opera mini landscape use was off (1/2 screen until going to portrait), and occasionally would go to white screen (I'd have to reboot to get back to normal). BB browser is still as slow as ever. Meterberry, at each reset would reload (?) modules...tried rebooting, checked settings, etc, nothing changed. Battery life was really no better than 571. Since going with 607, during a phone call...it would go to speaker phone, with the screen unresponsive. I'd have to hang up and recall?

FYI - I read this forum all the time...it's a great help, thanks to all.

DOES THIS MEAN THE UPCOMING VZW RELEASE IS THE SAME RELEASE AS THE LEAKED VERSION?
    04-02-10 09:56 AM
    Yes. 607 supposedly will be released official.. which means its the same build.

I am surprised at the browser comment. I have found it to be as fast as opera! I have not even used opera since loading .607
    04-02-10 10:00 AM
    Yes. 607 supposedly will be released official.. which means its the same build.

I am surprised at the browser comment. I have found it to be as fast as opera! I have not even used opera since loading .607
    My browser is definitely NOT as fast as Opera. Maybe I need to do 6 more battery pulls...

I assume you guys mean over 3G?
    04-02-10 10:01 AM
    yes, no wifi.. 3G.. i have seen an enormous increase in speed. I did not do any batt pulls either. Just straight load and go.
    04-02-10 10:13 AM
    I can't believe they are going to release this with the BBM bug (among others) unless they have an update to BBM as well. There has to be more to the story than this.
    04-02-10 10:21 AM

also that bbmgroup problem is REALLY annoying. i don't use it a lot, but lately my business colleagues started to use it. so, a fix will be very appreciated.

thanks.
    I have that same issue too! It does go away over time, (like a few minutes) but the way i found to speed it up was to go to Options --> Language and Text Input and change the input style to auto completion, save it, and then change it back to auto correction and save it. Its annoying, but it works.

I'm just glad i'm not the only one having this issue!
    04-02-10 10:28 AM
    As many stated battery life decreased dramatically. Per meterberry when device idle from 1-2 % per hour to 10-12% per hour..
    Really bad.. even after at least 6 pulls since installed,
    04-02-10 10:41 AM
    Reading all these trhreads I hope verizon doesn't use this build. Sounds horrible. If they do, maybe they need to come on crackberry and read through this thread and make some changes. NOT!
    04-02-10 10:51 AM
    I have just the opposite for battery life?

My phone sat idle for 1/2 the day yesterday and I was still at 100%..

so strange that there are so many issues but its not consistent....
    04-02-10 10:55 AM
    Flick scroll more responsive

Setup for EVERY theme has to be redone
    DEAL BREAKER ON THIS RELEASE. VIDEOS THAT WORKED ON 517 HAVE AUDIO BUT NO VIDEO.

I haven't read through everything yet so don't know if this has popped up. Are you the only one having this issue or were you able to resolve it? Also, do you man youtube videos or videos you took with your S2? Don't know that I want to risk losing those...

Kat

04-02-10 10:57 AM
    Hey is anyone having issues with Shazam, when I click the setup button Shazam just closes out.
    I tried to uninstall, reboot and then reinstall but still the same thing.
    All my other applications seems to be running fine except Shazam, any ideas?
    I have seen several posts on this and I was trying to read the whole thread before I replied but I will jump in now...

My Shazam works fine with this build... If Shazam doesn't register properly during the setup after any OS upgrade, pull the battery (physical pull) and open it again. At that point it should setup and register.

I had the same problem with another OS upgrade and tech support suggested this... After this upgrade, Shazam would try to "Setup" and close... Pulled the battery, went straight into Shazam after the pull and it worked fine...

Hope this helps...
    04-02-10 11:11 AM
    I will be downgrading. The Opera Mini bug is killing me.

I hide the keyboard but the screen still thinks theres a keyboard. Only way is to go to portrait mode then go back to landscape.
    04-02-10 11:15 AM
    downgraded to .517, battery life seems a good bit worse. also bbm messages opened from the message box would fail to let me open the keyboard to respond.
    04-02-10 11:22 AM
    My phone keeps going in and out of 3G anyone have this problem??
    04-02-10 11:23 AM
    I haven't read through everything yet so don't know if this has popped up. Are you the only one having this issue or were you able to resolve it? Also, do you man youtube videos or videos you took with your S2? Don't know that I want to risk losing those...

Kat

Videos/video camera were basically non-functional. Didn't even try youtube. I went back to SaskaTel 517. There were other problems as well, most of them have been mentioned.

If I can't play the stored videos or use the video cam, deal breaker. I will never load this version again.
    04-02-10 11:30 AM
    You don't have to upgrade to the official VZW version do you? Like they won't push it to your phone? Because .607 is terrible for me. I love .517 it runs perfectly after wiping .607's crap off my phone.
    04-02-10 11:34 AM

Kat

YouTube videos are playing without any problem. Also Videos taken with the video camera have no problem. Videos attached to emails are playing AUDIO ONLY AND NO VIDEO, this is really wiered.
    04-02-10 11:50 AM
    My phone keeps going in and out of 3G anyone have this problem??

Yeah. It was very annoying. The whole time I had the OS loaded it was bouncing.

Buggiest build we've seen in a while. Reminds me of some of the earlier S1 leaks.
    Last edited by 1magine; 04-05-10 at 10:28 AM.
    04-02-10 12:04 PM
    In two days I've wiped and reloaded this three times. The most recent was about 3am this morning. The first time everything was PERFECT for a day. The screen fest amazing and battery life was incredible. I had zero complaints. But the next day the screen stiffened up and the battery started randomly losing 5% here and there with no use.

So I wiped and reinstalled yesterday morning. I immediately noticed the screen was still stiff and battery life was getting worse. Also noticed if I accessed a BBM convo while in my messages folder, the keyboard would not appear. Access the dame convo through the BBM app itself and I had no issues with it.

So last night I wiped and reinstalled. Didn't reload my backup, just resent service books and synched. Just invade I had a corrupted database. After getting everything set back up on my phone to my liking, I noticed battery life had improved and the screen felt good again. Charged it over night, started my day with a battery pull, and so far I've noticed the screen is very inconsistent in its feel. Right now its great, but earlier it was too stiff. And battery is dropping like a rock. If this doesn't improve in a coupoe days, I'm going back to .517 or a hybrid. Considering how happy I was with this OS the first day, I'm getting rather frustrated and disappointed with it now.

04-02-10 12:07 PM
1,037 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD