This is so ridiculous that VZW hasn't released an update for this phone!
    05-06-09 11:14 PM
    Has anyone downloaded this and uploaded it to rapidshare or any other decent site? I'm getting about 2kB/s from the vodafone.uk link and then it craps out at about 45mB - happened 3 times now - getting bored lol
    05-06-09 11:33 PM
    the lock feature is extremely easy to fix so if thats the deal breaker for you...try the fix from the forums you might like it
    While that works for those of us who know what we're doing, its not exactly an easy fix for the masses. I can see the complaint lines now...
    05-06-09 11:54 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by detrija; 05-07-09 at 12:34 AM.
    05-07-09 12:30 AM
    Looks official - took a chance and checked VZW, of course they're still on .75
    It will be out on Saturday the 9th officially pushed to all VZW users

05-07-09 12:33 AM
    haha...NOT!
    05-07-09 12:34 AM
    haha...NOT!
    Ok you say it won't but I know it will... Funny last time everyone in here doubted me well... They all were eating crow

05-07-09 12:36 AM
    If I have already downloaded the leaked version of .141 is it advised to get the official version. Also, do you have to downgrade the leaked version to get the official.
    05-07-09 12:51 AM
    OK, WTF is this Stickied again? We already have a Sticky for OS releases.
    05-07-09 12:52 AM
    OK, WTF is this Stickied again? We already have a Sticky for OS releases.
    My opinion only... It stays "stuck". The thread you are referencing is a group
    of OS's and would be an absolute train wreck from a discussion standpoint as
    it would be multiple conversations in a single thread.

This is a discussion of one single OS and that I thinks makes this as a "sticky"
    perfectly acceptable.
    05-07-09 01:16 AM
    It will be out on Saturday the 9th officially pushed to all VZW users

q-u-i-t i-t please
    05-07-09 01:18 AM
    umm... i hate to ask the same Q again but is this thing going to be pushed to VZ?
    sorry but i can't keep up.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 05-07-09 at 01:29 AM.
    05-07-09 01:22 AM
    any report about new OS ! please all your guys..........I am on download..............
    05-07-09 01:56 AM
    Has anyone else had problems actually downloading the file?! I tried 4 times last night, 3 with firefox and once with IE8, each time the download just stop/froze at around 60% ish, the connection was still solid, its like the RIM website just stopped pushing out the signal?!
    05-07-09 02:33 AM

Concur. This is so much in the minds of Storm users, it will benefit members to have the thread highly visible while the news is fresh.
    05-07-09 02:50 AM
    according the vodafone eforum...this isn't official (hasn't been confirmed by vodafone). I would assume that RIM just jumped the gun on releasing it. Or someone really f'd this up!

edit: here is the link to the forum...
    Vodafone storm forum
    Please read rhe UK VDF eForum correctly. A VDF mod submitted this official Link yesterday in the afternoon. I found it there, and my Link points to the OFFICIAL LInk pages provided by RIM for the CARRIERS. It IS stamped official by Vodafone.

05-07-09 02:57 AM
    at last...... Vodafone have finally stepped up to the plate allthough there was some confusion from rim releasing an update before voda had enformed their own staff and the mods on vf forum were telling people that if they upgraded to rims update they would loose their warrenty!!!! seems to me that the left hand does not know what the right is doing....but at least its some sort of progress. even if most vf owners on here were probably runnin 131 or 141 for a while now. I just hope the vf software development team keeps on pushing out the updates....(prays quietly)
    05-07-09 02:57 AM
    Has anyone else had problems actually downloading the file?! I tried 4 times last night, 3 with firefox and once with IE8, each time the download just stop/froze at around 60% ish, the connection was still solid, its like the RIM website just stopped pushing out the signal?!
    Having problems now. Site keeps timing out in the middle of download.
    Really would appreciate if someone could put this up on megaupload/rapidshare or something?

Trying this for Voda Australia.. no official release from them yet. Anyone know how this is for this carrier?
    05-07-09 03:10 AM
    Had this leeked but ill update again just so i can say im official again

That vodafone forum a right shambles isnt it.

Hail to Crackberry.com
    05-07-09 03:12 AM
    W00h00. Vodacom South Africa gave .141 the conditional technical acceptance status... Seems like Vodacom SA will suprise me after all
    But.... I have .141 on it already.
    05-07-09 03:13 AM
    The .141 Vodafone UK launched by RIM on their official website is legit and Official.

If Vodafone cez its not then they should personally verify their customers bij sms or mail and on their website.

If this Official .141 has bugs then they should fix it very fast, if your device doesn't function well after installation the official .141 they got a bigger problem.

This means any customer has the right to cancel the contract.

Not do they release a phone that doesn't function 100% after 6 months, an official OS release that locks up the phone.

RIM is an official Vodafone partner so they should fix everything to keep their customers satisfied.

The Storm was released to get the consumer to a blackberry.
    So everything should be in it.

Multimedia (which don't work as it should)
    Camera (needs better software)
    Memory (unlogical to me...100 mb app memory and 1gb internal (which is often not used) memory leakage.
    And I can go on.

So what my point is that we should force them to come with a an 100% official working OS.

For every storm user.
    We are being fed with leaks official releases.
    But every one of them made the storm somehow a litlle bit better ,or in some cases worse.

Can you accept this kind of Service.
    Would you want a product that's finished for 70%
    Yes we made them richer but the leave us in the cold.

Vodafone and RIM do what you've predicted and deliver what we all want.
    A Storm that works as it should!!
    05-07-09 03:14 AM
    My opinion only... It stays "stuck". The thread you are referencing is a group
    of OS's and would be an absolute train wreck from a discussion standpoint as
    it would be multiple conversations in a single thread.

This is a discussion of one single OS and that I thinks makes this as a "sticky"
    perfectly acceptable.
    I think that if you opened the thread that you would see that it is very well put together. It just is a series of links to each thread. so this sticky is overkill
    05-07-09 03:17 AM
    Could someone PLEASE put up a mirror for this? I've been trying for god knows how long to download this.
    05-07-09 03:20 AM
    So i'm on .141 (leak) shall I upgrade to the official one, or is it exactly the same?
    05-07-09 03:39 AM
    Just to make the Vodafone position very clear, in the Voda forums linked above, a Vodafone Forum admin (Voda employee) posts in the thread at Firmware And Feedback - Vodafone eForum

Hi Stealth,

You're seeing this error because this is not the approved update method for Vodafone UK firmware. The emails that RIM send out will direct you to the generic update system for generic unbranded firmware updates, which are not designed to run on our handsets.

The official firmware release will appear at this vendor-specific address when it is ready. I can confirm that we have finally signed off and approved a new version, which means it is now a very short step away from going online ready for you to download.
    The Vendor Specific address cited by Vodafone points at... you guessed it, The RIM download site Voda claims is not approved!

I guess the old rule about making sure the gun is not pointing at tender parts before pulling the trigger still holds true
    05-07-09 04:16 AM
175 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD