Battery life is worse than before. Signal goes to SOS more frequent, lost all my calendar from last couple of years on Outlook. Stay away from .141. It sucks!
    05-10-09 12:08 PM
    whoa! Thats not good... sorry to hear. For an "official upgrade", that's pretty surprising
    05-10-09 12:44 PM
    Ooo, i've just found my calendar entries in my deleted items folder. Dont know how it got there. Not good. Anyhow have just replaced over 300 entries so that's good. Battery life still sucks but I've been told that if I charge it every night for 3 nights that should bring it back to what I had before.
    05-10-09 01:40 PM
    Hi, Did you do the official vodafone or the leaked 141 please?
    Thanks,

heres my verdict on upgrade,

first thing i noticed is using your finger when scrolling screen,more responsive
    applications open quicker

the browser is a lot faster,

best off all is the camera and video,no shutter lag when taking pics or flash lag.the image is there straight away, saves on memory card as well and the video saves on card with no probs,used to have errors all the time.

ive also noticed that the dreaded black curser clock has improved used to be there all the time when opening apps.

the memory probs have gone as well,used to drop all the time,now what i have noticed is that the memory goes up and down ,but the phone is still responsive,which is superb.

over all the upgrade has been brilliant and look forward to the next one.

ps, also noticed that the screen doesnt beep when lock applied, only beeps when you unlock phone which is a bonus,(sick of it beeping in pocket when moving around). could be a side effect but i like it.

GREAT SUCCESS
    05-10-09 04:02 PM
    upgraded to official .141....battery life sucks...going back to leaked .141
    05-11-09 08:43 AM
    Leaked 141 is must faster and responsive than official version.....memory leak is acceptable....unlock with 4 buttons still an issue
    05-11-09 09:06 AM
    official upgrade
    05-11-09 11:20 AM
    official upgrade
    Thank you.
    05-11-09 04:24 PM
    ok so I dont have to read like 50 pages... can everyone confirm 141 offical battery life sucks?

cause i get like 10% drain per hour.... which is a SHOCKER... is leaked 141 fix this issue? hit me up! :>
    05-11-09 06:17 PM
    I have had the leak all along and refuse to go official... I don't know what they (VF) have done to it, but the only people that think it is any good are the people upgrading from .78 - not existing .141 leak users.
    05-11-09 07:28 PM
    @lyoko37:
    Have u tested quicklaunch with this release yet?

Does this version differ from the 141Beta?
    I have. The fix in QL 2.0 overcomes the 141 bug.
    05-12-09 02:30 AM
    Hi,
    after testing a few days since last Friday, here are my findings:

First upgraded to the UK version of .141 (official) using Desktop Manager, coming from .131 which ran very stable. Did the upgrade "just so", including backing up all my personal information and third party apps and restoring them in the process of the FW update.

Result:
    .141 used my battery like **** for the first hours, afterwards battery consumption stabilized, but above 3 percent an hour. I never had this before. Intolerable. After a few battery pulls and some hours later I recharged for about four hours. Battery usage got better but still above one percent, near two percent (findings cover several hours, I shortened the story a bit...).

The known bugs were present:
    Unlocking via the four system/phone keys, QuickLaunch issue.

Memory went down to 25 to 28 free RAM (starting about 43) within a day.

Yesterday I decided to set up the phone entirely new, starting from the installed above mentioned .141 UK official (live in Germany, the GER version of .141 is published, too since late Friday):

Step 1: Made a backup of all my data (via Desktop Manager/DM).
    Step 2: Getting all download links/install files and Registration Codes of my third party apps handy.
    Step 3: Determining which of them I really NEED. The rest: Backup and archive on my computer.
    Step 4: After securing that Step 1 was successful, I DELETED all personal data on my Storm by erasing it. (BB Options/Security Options/BB Menu). This left the Storm with a "clean" .141.
    Step 5: Removed the installed .141 from my computer.
    Step 6. Installed the .78 official (for Vodafone 9500 devices) Firmware into my computer. In my case: The "Germany edition".
    Step 7. Connected to my Storm and downgraded to .78, without keeping any personal data (You can set the install option of the DM to NOT backup, but be careful!).
    Step 8. Waited patiently for the install to finish and the Storm to reboot.
    Step 9. Disconnected. Did a battery pull. Waited for the Storm to reboot.
    Step 10. REMOVED the .78 firmware from my computer.
    Step 11. Installed the official .141 firmware from Vodafone (in this case: Germany) into my computer.
    Step 12. Connected the "clean" Storm to my computer.
    Step 13. Installed the .141 firmware to the Storm
    Step 14. Waited patiently for the install to finish and the Storm to reboot.
    Step 15. Made a fresh install of all third party apps I STILL WANT TO USE. Left out all others... (Kept MeterBerry, acceloDex, a Travel Guide and two games, re-installed Google Maps, YouTube app. Left out QuickLaunch, wait for the update.)
    Step 16. Registered the apps .
    Step 17. Made a battery pull.
    Step 18. After rebooting, I installed my backed up personal information and date including the files from internal memory.
    Step 19. Made a battery pull.
    Step 20. After rebooting, I resend my Service Books. Left out the battery pull, thought I had enough of that...
    Step 21. Drained a pint of beer from sheer exhaustion lol.

Results:
    Fast. Stable. Battery lost about 5 percent since yesterday 6 pm. It is now 10.40 am. Works like a charm.

OK, it has been a good piece of work for about three hours (in which I had plenty of time to do other things as well).

But in my case, it was rewarding.

The cons:
    QuickLaunch still working with the known issue. But there are workarounds to find within this forums.

Screen Lock still unlocks when hitting one of the four keys for phone, menu or escape. But there are workarounds for this, too. One of them follows.

For the more experienced:
    I removed ONE file from the .141 Java folder before installing. It is:
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_360x480_t.cod
    and it contains the default backgrounds which I do not use. You can gain about 5 MB space with it. (Thanks, Civic, for Your helpful thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/de...memory-103830/ )
    And I replaced one other file with the one from .131 or .122. This fixes the Screen Lock issue. If You want to learn more about this:
    How to Fix Lock Issue On .141
    Thanks, Shanepark.
    If You do the removing and file changing BEFORE You install, this is very easy and does not require any special knowledge, except how to find files and to copy/paste/delete. But of course: You void Your warranty, and You do it on own risk, and You should know what You do, and all that.

Important:
    This are my personal findings, and I hope that they are helpful to others. But as we all know, the Storm tends to be like its owner: An individual...
    So I cannot say wether this will help YOU.

Thanks to all who provided information.
    05-12-09 03:47 AM
    Thanks for the useful post - unfortunately they are quite rare but posts like this are why many of us visit this forum!
    05-12-09 05:42 AM
    Important:
    This are my personal findings, and I hope that they are helpful to others. But as we all know, the Storm tends to be like its owner: An individual...
    So I cannot say wether this will help YOU.

Thanks to all who provided information.
    Excellent post
    05-12-09 06:34 AM
    PilotCap hello,
    What a fantastic post. Thanks for all the trouble you took to write it. I have copied it to keep. You put you changed from 131. did you go back from 141. leaked?
    My battery is still disappearing fast on 131. I still wonder if I have stuff running I should close - is there a 'manager' anywhere? I can't find one or find a thread about such a thing but maybe I am looking with the wrong key words.
    Glad you are getting good results and thanks again very much,
    05-12-09 07:33 AM
    There is no "manager". You may hold down the BB key for a second or longer, and You will see all running apps in a small window. You cannot deactivate all of them. Just 3party.
    05-12-09 11:10 AM
    Thank you, helped to as that little window has come up on occasion and I couldn't work out how! Does that mean most stuff, clock, phone, messages etc are always open?
    05-12-09 05:26 PM
    Thank you, helped to as that little window has come up on occasion and I couldn't work out how! Does that mean most stuff, clock, phone, messages etc are always open?
    Time to try a little bit for Yourself now...

Yes, some apps stay open in this list: Browser, Messages, phone, BB Messenger and some more. Clock does not, You can close it.

Just get used to close all apps via menu and "exit" or the "escape" button. NEVER use the red phone button for it.

And (I do NOT mean this offensive!): Have You found the manual that came with Your Storm? It is on the CD rom. It is very helpful and gives lots of basic information, e.g. how to use the "running apps menu"...
    05-13-09 02:53 AM
    Hi Pilotcap,

Can you tell me the exact file name to fix the lock issue that has to be replaced?
    Sorry to ask, because the link you posted does not work. Thanks in advance.
    05-13-09 06:27 AM
    Hi Pilotcap,

Can you tell me the exact file name to fix the lock issue that has to be replaced?
    Sorry to ask, because the link you posted does not work. Thanks in advance.
    Sorry for the trouble with the link. I just checked back, it works with me. Perhaps You point your browser just to blackberryos.com and search for the thread.

The file name is: net_rim_bb_ribbon_app.cod

You will find it within the Java folder of Your .141 firmware on Your computer. Replace it with a file from an earlier version before installing the .141 on Your Storm.

Please be careful: You MUST REPLACE it with the identical file from .122 or .131. Just deleting it will bring You in trouble because it is an important file (as far as I know).
    05-13-09 09:47 AM
    Sorry for the trouble with the link. I just checked back, it works with me. Perhaps You point your browser just to blackberryos.com and search for the thread.

The file name is: net_rim_bb_ribbon_app.cod

You will find it within the Java folder of Your .141 firmware on Your computer. Replace it with a file from an earlier version before installing the .141 on Your Storm.

Please be careful: You MUST REPLACE it with the identical file from .122 or .131. Just deleting it will bring You in trouble because it is an important file (as far as I know).
    I'll try this when I get home. Really appreciate it.
    05-13-09 11:15 AM
    Thanks PilotCap, no offence taken - of course not, You have been wonderful. I clearly must come out of SonyEricsson Smartphone mentality!! I am now aware I am trying to solve problems with my experience from that type of phone.
    I have been using the Help files on the storm. The CD won't work in my laptop [Sony Vaio] and it loaded a corrupt DM which is something that also happened with my previous BB [3 years or so ago]. Maybe there is some conflict or I have some files in use elsewhere. So I downloaded my DM from the web and it works ok I think. I will go and look for the manual now, it must be available.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by orn8one; 05-14-09 at 06:26 AM. Reason: typo
    05-14-09 06:25 AM
    Hi all storm users,

Quick question regarding camera bug on .141.
    Does anybody experience the "could not start the camera" bug and won't be able to start the camera again until u restart ur storm?
    Let me know is there's a fix for this.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Jullian.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 06:26 AM
    Hi. I need 10 beta testers willing to test QL 2.0 with the .141 fix.
    Those interested can email me at nikkisoft dot support at gmail.

Thank you.
    05-15-09 09:13 PM
    Hi. I need 10 beta testers willing to test QL 2.0 with the .141 fix.
    Those interested can email me at nikkisoft dot support at gmail.

Thank you.
    Hi, Mail sent to You. Would like to test.
    05-16-09 02:33 AM
175 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD