already install official .141 and I revert back to leaked .141 which have more memory left after I install everything.
    05-07-09 11:16 PM
    Ok you say it won't but I know it will... Funny last time everyone in here doubted me well... They all were eating crow

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lol really? cause last time you stated a date of the OS coming out, you were WRONG, maybe you should just stop posting?
    05-08-09 12:30 AM
    I gave up on trying to download the handheld software and opted to do the update via the latest version of desktop manager. This worked and there are definite improvements to my phone. But, what is the point of vodafone offering an official update to us when a fundamental fault has not been rectified in the software. Here I am talking about the phone lock key, top left of the phone. Press it and the phone appears to be locked, but one touch of of any of the phone keys and the lock disengages. That is surely a major fault, who wants a phone that is susceptible to accidental dialing because of an unlocked keyboard?

After I had my Storm for a month or so I rang vodafone and complained about the faults I experienced with the phone OS, it's sluggish behaviour, etc. They sent me a Bold straightaway, and told me to keep the Storm as (to quote) "I might be able to get something for it on ebay". With the way the Storm is evolving (not) I reckon it will be worth nothing on ebay...
    05-08-09 03:33 AM
    Downloaded the new version no problem. However now i realise i don't have micro usb cable with me so looks like i'll have to wait before i test it.

Unlock problem people are having shouldn't be an issue for me as our policies enforce a password to use the phone....
    05-08-09 03:42 AM
    05-08-09 04:54 AM
    I gave up on trying to download the handheld software and opted to do the update via the latest version of desktop manager. This worked and there are definite improvements to my phone. But, what is the point of vodafone offering an official update to us when a fundamental fault has not been rectified in the software. Here I am talking about the phone lock key, top left of the phone. Press it and the phone appears to be locked, but one touch of of any of the phone keys and the lock disengages. That is surely a major fault, who wants a phone that is susceptible to accidental dialing because of an unlocked keyboard?

After I had my Storm for a month or so I rang vodafone and complained about the faults I experienced with the phone OS, it's sluggish behaviour, etc. They sent me a Bold straightaway, and told me to keep the Storm as (to quote) "I might be able to get something for it on ebay". With the way the Storm is evolving (not) I reckon it will be worth nothing on ebay...
    This does not seem to be a universal problem. I upgrade yesterday afternoon via the Desktop Manager, which was successful but took ages. The phone lock seems to work normally.

The one thing I love in the new OS is the editing feature which is so much easier to use. I was on a leaked .109 before.

Nigel
    05-08-09 05:00 AM
    I'm at Vodafone Netherlands and I got the update in DM. Installed it and works like a charm. Finally the Storm begins to look like an usable phone!
    05-08-09 05:03 AM
    managed to install with no problems. can't really see anything ground breaking in this release. still no flick scrolling, not really sure if there is much point in bothering with upgrades until there is something substantial included.
    05-08-09 05:29 AM
    Vodafone UK are currently trying to fix the lock issue. They have sent members of the e-forum emails asking for their PINs
    05-08-09 05:49 AM
    Vodafone UK are currently trying to fix the lock issue. They have sent members of the e-forum emails asking for their PINs
    Will you keep us up to date on what voda doo.

Just that eforum is all over the place.
    05-08-09 05:51 AM
    Hi, new here!

I've also downloaded the new version to my Storm. But my battery normaly goes 1,5 day without a charge and after the download of the new software my battery is almost emty after 6 houres

Does anyone have some tips?
    05-08-09 07:11 AM
    I was on .122 yesterday. Downloaded .141 package to my deskktop (took around 10 minutes). It backed up my Storm and upgraded in around 15 mins more. All info was preserved except Facebook login info. Battery pull after the upgrade and off overnight.

Everything seems much better. In particular, battery life in a low-signal area seems MUCH better. At work I regularly noticed that MeterBerry would report between 5% and 10% drain per hour. This is with GPS on, Bluetooth off, Screen at 10% and using a magnetic case to sleep the screen. Light use. Today it's reporting 0.6% per hour in exactly same conditions. probably too good to be true and we'll see how it goes.

For the record, I believe battery life is most strongly affected by the radio over-boosting in low to medium signal conditions, followed by the screen and then Bluetooth. I don't think GPS comes in to it and I routinely leave mine on.
    Last edited by RhythMick; 05-08-09 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Signature updated
    05-08-09 07:25 AM
    The Vodafone download link is back up on the BB site. I have just copied this so you can see. The gap is where the drop down box to select your Storm is.
    This was removed yesterday and voda denied they have released. What is going on?

The link for this screen is:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do

or the previous screen: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...05D7C424EBAE5F

Software Download for Vodafone UK

Welcome Vodafone customers.

Installation Instructions:

1. You must download both the desktop and handheld software to a temporary location on your hard drive.
    2. Be sure to install the desktop software first, then the handheld software on your computer. The handheld software will update the software on your BlackBerry Wireless Handheld(TM)

To view software for a BlackBerry product, please select a product from the drop down menu and click Select :

Software For BlackBerry� Storm(TM) smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.7.0.195 (Multilangauge)

Package Version: 4.7.0.195
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.7.0.141
    * Software Platform: 4.0.0.174
    * File name: 9500_omadrmEuropean_PBr4.7.0_rel195_PL4.0.0.174_A4 .7.0.141_Vodafone_UK.exe
    * File size: 114.63MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

* Download Software

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.7.0.111 (English)

Package Version: 4.7.0.111
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.7.0.78
    * Software Platform: 4.0.0.98
    * File name: 9500_omadrmEFIGS_Dutch_PBr4.7.0_rel111_PL4.0.0.98_ A4.7.0.78_Vodafone_UK.exe
    * File size: 103.55MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

* Download Software
    05-08-09 07:33 AM
    1st link down again, 2nd link working.
    05-08-09 07:48 AM

+1 It's not a massive inconvenience but my heart hurts a little every time it acts up.
    05-08-09 08:45 AM
    The Vodafone download link is back up on the BB site. I have just copied this so you can see. The gap is where the drop down box to select your Storm is.
    This was removed yesterday and voda denied they have released. What is going on?
    Apparently someone at RIM f-ed up and released it on Vodafone's behalf before they'd been given the ok... Or something along those lines.
    At any rate, Vodafone sent out a message saying they hadn't approved any update and anyone who accepted the automatic update on DM may have voided their warranties.

Cue sh!tstorm.

They kept a bunch of worried customers in the dark for several hours and eventually released a statement saying it wasn't going to be a problem and re-opened the download.

Just another example of poor customer care on Vodafone's part. They've got a great service, I don't deny that... They're just a bit slow off the mark when it comes to looking after us poor normal-folk.
    05-08-09 08:48 AM
    I'm trying to cook the official 141 with 5 java files but need to get 141 on my pc anyone got instructions and links

05-08-09 09:01 AM

No problem Joe
    05-08-09 09:27 AM
    I'm at Vodafone Netherlands and I got the update in DM. Installed it and works like a charm. Finally the Storm begins to look like an usable phone!
    Same here, I am in the Netherlands as well. Download via DM. No probs, no bugs, phone works absolutely fine.
    05-08-09 09:32 AM
    Same here, I am in the Netherlands as well. Download via DM. No probs, no bugs, phone works absolutely fine.
    So you have not found that when you lock the phone it can be unlocked by any of the 4 hard buttons or if you use quicklaunch app it strobes like a disco strobe?
    Or personally my best like is the fact they vf eforums mods stated that the passed os would cure all the signal fluctuation issues uk consumers have yet it hasn't and to top top it off the battery life is now worse
    Last edited by stevetigersix; 05-08-09 at 09:51 AM.
    05-08-09 09:48 AM
    I've also noticed the 'issue' about the four buttons at the bottom. Regarding the battery life being worse; it was never great to begin with. Goodness only knows how big a capacity battery they're going to incorporate in the Storm II...

At least it is doesn't need a battery pull and the general function of the handset is far better (about goddamn time!!)

For instance i've noticed that when you exit the camera , it is no longer running in the background. Do I need to uninstall Vodafone Live then reinstall to get rid of the duplicate icon that has appeared since the update

I can put my Nokia N85 away and see how this holds up, I hope/expect V5.0 not to be too far from being available tbh, as it has been up to 6 months before i'd say this handset is finally in a usable state.

I bought this mid Nov 08 (I'm a sucker for new gadgets ) and it was just terrible imo, I hoped the update after .78 was not going to take too long, in the end (Jan 09) I went and bought the N85 sim free.

Anyway i've got it back out of it's box and since the update to .141, i've installed Air Traffic Control, Tetris, Bejeweled
    Last edited by aidey68; 05-08-09 at 11:51 AM. Reason: additional query...
    05-08-09 11:46 AM
    Also notice that VF Forum Mods are very quick to close threads down when someone raises an issue with the OS that cannot be solved by advice on how to change a setting?

Definitely seems to be a bit of a toughening up in their attitudes....
    05-08-09 12:54 PM
    heres my verdict on upgrade,

first thing i noticed is using your finger when scrolling screen,more responsive
    applications open quicker

the browser is a lot faster,

best off all is the camera and video,no shutter lag when taking pics or flash lag.the image is there straight away, saves on memory card as well and the video saves on card with no probs,used to have errors all the time.

ive also noticed that the dreaded black curser clock has improved used to be there all the time when opening apps.

the memory probs have gone as well,used to drop all the time,now what i have noticed is that the memory goes up and down ,but the phone is still responsive,which is superb.

over all the upgrade has been brilliant and look forward to the next one.

ps, also noticed that the screen doesnt beep when lock applied, only beeps when you unlock phone which is a bonus,(sick of it beeping in pocket when moving around). could be a side effect but i like it.

GREAT SUCCESS
    05-10-09 11:50 AM
    SOOO mad that us here in the US have yet to see an official update.... BS Goodluck EU
    05-10-09 11:51 AM
175 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD