You 9500 guys are lucky. Its now clear that Verizon hates us 9530 users and wants us to suffer with a slow OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 07:41 PM
    Will the 9500 OS work on the 9530?
    Sorry, there is no information about this. When someone tests and reports back we will know more.
    05-06-09 07:44 PM
    hi all,

will this new software update work for vodafone australia??? please help .....
    05-06-09 08:22 PM
    i once read a post where someone with a 9530 loaded a 9500 OS on his and it went mentally insane on him, he wasnt aware that it was made for 9500's, so i'm gonna assume this wont work either, the post was made about 2 weeks ago that i read, not sure where it was on this forum though sorry
    05-06-09 08:31 PM
    The java files will work, but the radio file will not.
    05-06-09 08:36 PM
    It's official, why would it be on RiM's website if it wasn't?

I wouldnt trust some forum mods because it's quite obvious from some of their comments that they dont know much if anything at all about the Storm.

If you can download it from an 'official' channel then it's 'official', even if some forum monkey with a stick says that it isn't because they're probably sitting in some musty little basement prodding themselves with various sharp objects for amusement.

PS: Im talking about the Vodafone Eforum mods, not the CB mods.
    Last edited by mittaytwo; 05-07-09 at 07:13 PM. Reason: For Clarity Sake
    05-06-09 08:49 PM
    It seems that it doesn't...unless someone has better luck. It looked as though it was going to install just fine, but would not update when launching the loader.

I am pretty new at this so someone may get it to work. I deleted the vendor xml and all that but still wouldn't update.
    05-06-09 08:58 PM
    australia still says .78

im happy with the .141 leak so im happy to wait
    05-06-09 09:00 PM
    hi all,

will this new software update work for vodafone australia??? please help .....
    If the phone is 9500 (GSM) it should work if you delete the Vendor file. Don't try to use it on 9530 (CDMA).

05-06-09 09:12 PM

I wouldnt trust some forum mods because it's quite obvious from some of their comments that they dont know much if anything at all about the Storm.

If you can download it from an 'official' channel then it's 'official', even if some forum monkey with a stick says that it isn't because they're probably sitting in some musty little basement prodding themselves with various sharp objects for amusement.
    I hope you are not talking about rthe CB mod team ....

05-06-09 09:15 PM
    Some of the mods are storm users themselves.

05-06-09 09:25 PM

Anyway...

You wana be my tester?
    05-06-09 09:31 PM
    I hope you are not talking about rthe CB mod team ....

Some of the mods are storm users themselves.

I am pretty sure he is talking about the mods on the vodofone eforum. They threatened that anyone who upgraded to .141 would void there warranty. People seem pretty pissed. sounds like someone f'd up.
    05-06-09 09:35 PM
    Can someone update me briefly on what the deal is with 141?
    Are they going to remove it or change it or what?
    05-06-09 09:41 PM
    according the vodafone eforum...this isn't official (hasn't been confirmed by vodafone). I would assume that RIM just jumped the gun on releasing it. Or someone really f'd this up!

edit: here is the link to the forum...
    Vodafone storm forum
    05-06-09 09:44 PM
    hahah I cant believe there having an issue go on like that. How do they release something without the carrier confirming? And it becomes Official? Doesnt matter anyway. The OS Beta Testers and Users on CrackBerry are a step ahead of the game. So for us, were good. For the people that arent in the know, there no good with Old Verizon .75 OS's and An OS being released that they say might void your warrenty if you upload. Crazyness. MADNESS I tell you
    05-06-09 09:47 PM
    Ok. Thank you. Gona take a look at that. Appreciate it.
    05-06-09 09:47 PM
    Ok. Thank you. Gona take a look at that. Appreciate it.
    no problem
    05-06-09 09:49 PM
    it also sounds like vodafone has no clue what do about it...since they haven't made any comment since this popped up more than 12 hours ago. bawahahah...maybe RIM got fed up and took things in their own hands.
    05-06-09 09:56 PM
    I don't see how it would not be official if RIM made it?
    05-06-09 10:00 PM
    what I don't get is, if it wasn't made official by vodafone...why hasn't RIM taken down the link? I still think vodafone has ok'd the file (apparently the file has the vodafone signature in it), but RIM released it sooner than they were supposed to. I would hate to be vodafone CS when they get calls about the locking glitch with this build.
    05-06-09 10:11 PM
    Can anyone confirm that QuickLaunch is fixed in this "official" release? Please

05-06-09 10:28 PM
    Indeed... now I'm just waiting for the "Since Vodafone and Verizon are partners, does this mean .141 is coming for Verizon too?" posts.

How about I make a "Since Vodafone and Verizon are partners, PLEASE tell me .141 isn't coming for Verizon, too?" post...... The unlock bug/feature/whatever is a TOTAL dealbreaker for me. It renders the lock function USELESS and almost makes stormslider a necessity. I should have to buy a 3rd party program to keep my phone locked. And I guess it totally borks Quicklaunch, too.
    05-06-09 10:43 PM
    How about I make a "Since Vodafone and Verizon are partners, PLEASE tell me .141 isn't coming for Verizon, too?" post...... The unlock bug/feature/whatever is a TOTAL dealbreaker for me. It renders the lock function USELESS and almost makes stormslider a necessity. I should have to buy a 3rd party program to keep my phone locked. And I guess it totally borks Quicklaunch, too.

the lock feature is extremely easy to fix so if thats the deal breaker for you...try the fix from the forums you might like it
    05-06-09 10:50 PM
    Be patient vzw Storm users our time will come...
    05-06-09 10:51 PM
175 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD