09-01-10 02:36 AM
167 ... 4567
tools
    I noticed after running the latest hybrid that the 713 has slow accelerometer and it takes forever when you want to move an app to a different folder ... battery life is def better ...
    Ill go back to my hybrid , slow accelerometer drives me nuts!
    06-15-10 10:23 AM
    I am loving this OS. the only thing they need to do now is release the BBM out of beta and get the group chats fixed already... LOL!

Install was smooth... I only had to reset all my icons.
    06-15-10 01:33 PM
    I upgraded this morning and has been smooth sailing so far.
    06-15-10 02:03 PM
    This OS ROCKS!!. Nuff said!
    06-15-10 03:38 PM
    I updated yesterday and definately seems to be a good OS. Everything is faster, touchscreen is more responsive and battery life is better. BBM bug continues but not as ofter as it was with previous update. Bug in message log when you use spanish language has been fixed too!
    06-15-10 03:42 PM
    My battery has been fa-nominal. I have been off the charger for 8 hours and I still 4.5 bars left with normal usage. On .607/.732 hybrid and prior, I was down to 3 bars or less by now.

Transitions seem smooth and everything I use has been working perfectly.

Thanks for finding this Hydroz.
    06-15-10 03:59 PM
    Guys I have istalled attached OS. But I am not able to install Arabic language. Can anyone help me to install it.
    06-15-10 11:26 PM
    Guys I have istalled attached OS. But I am not able to install Arabic language. Can anyone help me to install it.
    06-15-10 11:40 PM
    is anyone else getting "uncaught exception" errors after reboots? I got 4 of them in a row the last time I rebooted. One for "Stop Tilt" and then one each for the 3 "Docs to Go" apps. I'm confused, I reinstalled Stop Tilt after the upgrade and the Docs to Go are add-on apps, not 3rd party. Any ideas how to fix this? I've only seen it happening after reboots, it doesn't seem to be affecting the apps themselves. Just curious and slightly annoyed.

Thanks in advance!
    06-16-10 01:23 AM
    Took the plunge and upgraded yesterday. I was afraid to do so as I think I am one of the few remaining Tmobile customers still up and running a Storm2. After uploading and doing a battery pull, I didn't have data working and started to panic, but after my 3rd battery pull everything started working fine.

This OS rocks my Storm! I can't believe it's running this good on a plain 'ole OS without a hybrid! No glitches, no screen freezing, no random rebooting.
    06-16-10 09:13 AM
    the only thing they need to do now is release the BBM out of beta and get the group chats fixed already... LOL!
    I spoke too soon. LOL! go to BlackBerry Beta Zone, the new BBM now available to everybody to beta and it fixes the group chat issue. My device is now complete and running as smooth as ever!!
    06-16-10 11:12 AM
    I spoke too soon. LOL! go to BlackBerry Beta Zone, the new BBM now available to everybody to beta and it fixes the group chat issue. My device is now complete and running as smooth as ever!!
    what's the newest bbm beta?

and how the **** do i get to download it OTA? the page takes forever to load on the bb browser
    06-16-10 02:54 PM
    I updated 2 days ago and everything seemed fine until this morning,

My alarm did not play my selected alarm tune. It went off but it kept defaulting to play the Alarm_Antelope alarm tune.

I checked my settings and they all looked fine, I took out the battery and it still defaults to playing the the Alarm_Antelope alarm tune no matter what sound I select.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
    06-17-10 09:21 AM
    I updated 2 days ago and everything seemed fine until this morning,

My alarm did not play my selected alarm tune. It went off but it kept defaulting to play the Alarm_Antelope alarm tune.

I checked my settings and they all looked fine, I took out the battery and it still defaults to playing the the Alarm_Antelope alarm tune no matter what sound I select.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

I have been having the same problem with ringtones. It will keep playing the default ringtone even when I have it set to anything else. The only time it plays a different ringtone is when it's assigned to a caller.... Very strange.

Not enough for me to flash back to an older build though as this one runs way better, battery is way better as is my reception!
    06-17-10 09:30 AM
    My alarm did that once. I set it back to my custom tone and it hasn't done it since. I have noticed about every third or fourth BBM I receive it plays the wrong tone but then the next one is my custom tone again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 10:33 AM
    The keyboard didn't show up in group chats, just like 607...if I'm writing bbm and then there's a new bbm come, suddenly my BB got hang for a few seconds...I downgraded again to 517...
    06-17-10 10:04 PM
    I never really contribute to these OS things, but I have extensively been playing with the OS's on the S2 and thought I would share my findings of 713.

- VERY FAST.
    Noticeably faster than both 517 and 607, especially after going long periods of time without a reset
    - AWESOME BATTERY LIFE.
    I know everyone has different experiences with this from every end of the spectrum, but 517 was horrid for me, 607 was pretty good, and 713 has been stunningly good. Halehluia!
    - SCREEN CLICKS.
    I'm not sure what it is, but this thing is a lot easier to text on, now
    - BLUETOOTH.
    Bluetooth works better and just sounds better.

-CUSTOM NOTIFICATIONS.
    I don't know what is up, but 607 acted the same way. I use custom notification sounds with my contacts and I cannot get the S2 to consistently get them to work. Sometimes, without any apparent reason, they will function properly. Most of the time they will not and the default SMS sound will play. Very frustrating.
    - MAGIC DISAPPEARING KEYBOARD.
    WTF? Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Compose a new SMS and it is pot-luck on whether you will have to make an extra click to have a keyboard appear to type on. 517 did not have this problem.
    - BACK KEY MYSTERY
    607 was the same way. You are reading a SMS and while reading it, you get another text. Sometimes you can hit the "back' key and it will return you to your conversations summary so you can open the new message, but usually it won't - it returns you to the home page (!). Sometimes you have to bounce in and out of the SMS app a couple of times to see the new message. I don't get it. 517 did not have this problem, either.

All said, I am sticking with this OS because the battery life is so amazing.
    06-18-10 03:34 AM
    what's the newest bbm beta?

and how the **** do i get to download it OTA? the page takes forever to load on the bb browser
    5.0.1.17 is the latest beta build for BBM.

The keyboard didn't show up in group chats, just like 607...if I'm writing bbm and then there's a new bbm come, suddenly my BB got hang for a few seconds...I downgraded again to 517...
    The beta BBM fixes this. You can sign up to get it from BlackBerry Beta Zone.
    06-18-10 02:52 PM
    Downloaded .713,
    uninstalled the older version from my PC (.607),
    installed .713,
    deleted the vendor.xml file and started loader.exe.
    No more, no less.

Within 30 minuted I was up and running smooth! (and another 30 minutes to re-register various apps)

To top things off: a battery pull. Leaving the BB for a couple of minutes without the battery.

Everything works super smooth!
    Last edited by Daruba; 06-21-10 at 07:58 PM.
    06-21-10 07:54 PM
    I downloaded it OTA yesterday evening. My "Free Space" for the Application memory is at 86MB with the older OS it was up around 130-140 am I doing something wrong here?
    06-22-10 08:01 PM
    I downloaded it OTA yesterday evening. My "Free Space" for the Application memory is at 86MB with the older OS it was up around 130-140 am I doing something wrong here?
    Did you do a battery pull afterwards? And with your old OS, did you shrink it before you installed it? I have about that much free, but I had to shrink it down to do it.
    06-22-10 08:40 PM
    anyone else have speaker (earpiece on the phone) distortion while on calls?

my s2 started doing it since the .713 OS update.

Is there a fix?
    06-29-10 06:28 PM
    I'm going back down to 517.

I like this build but for some reason it lags like **** when I'm doing simple things like BBM or MSN messenger.

Lately I have had it lock up for a few minutes at random for no apparent reason about 6-7 times a day and it's making me crazy.
    06-29-10 09:35 PM
    I updated last week and now my wi-fi won't work. I'm currently traveling (have been for two and a half months) around the world and have been using just the wi-fi on my S2 to check emails and whatnot. Since the update, it does not work, saying I am not in a data area. Duh! I had my service temporarily suspended while traveling. Like I said, haven't had any issues with wi-fi until this update.

I have noticed the battery life is a lot better, too. Any suggestions on how to fix the wi-fi issue? I've done a couple of battery pulls to no avail. Thanks!
    07-06-10 08:13 AM
    Since I got the S2 I have only been using official OS builds from VZW that have been pushed out either over the air or via my work PC DM connection. The last time I tried to an OTA update DM still wanted to upgrade my phone every time I plugged it in, so I waited until I got to do it at my work PC.

I'm a little surprised because I figured I'd only get VZW OS updates sent to me, but .713 was pushed to my phone, and it has been terrible. I routinely have to hit buttons multiple times to get the phone to register the selection, even things like the power button at the top of the unit to put it to sleep. Attempting to make a call, especially via speed dial, has been a royal pain in the *** and the calls seem to 'connect' but I can't hear anything and have to hang up and call again to get anywhere.

Could these problems be the result of an undeleted vendor file? Since this was pushed to my phone via DM I figured it was from VZW and didn't go in looking for it. Does anyone have any other ideas that might account for these problems and potential fixes? I'm downgrading to .607 in the meantime.
    07-06-10 12:14 PM
167 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD