Thanks for the quick response. Do I download this and use DM to install?
    Yes. You download and install the OS. Then you use BlackBerry Desktop Software to back up your device. Search upgrading OS procedure. There's a very good step by step thread posted somewhere.
    06-13-10 05:59 PM
    Am I safe to assume that no one is having an issue with this update on their Storm2 with Verizon...
    06-13-10 06:01 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. Do I download this and use DM to install?
    Download it, open it and it will extract it then it will ask if you want to use the DM afterwards. Click yes
    06-13-10 06:04 PM
    finally installed and running working well so far..
    06-13-10 06:06 PM
    Am I safe to assume that no one is having an issue with this update on their Storm2 with Verizon...
    As long as you delete the vendor file everything is fine. Using on Verizon right now.
    06-13-10 06:07 PM
    As long as you delete the vendor file everything is fine. Using on Verizon right now.
    Where is the vendor file at? I will most likely try this after I get home from work!!
    06-13-10 06:10 PM
    Where is the vendor file at? I will most likely try this after I get home from work!!
    Common files / Research in Motion / Apploader

Should be in there.
    06-13-10 06:18 PM
    Just a note. Ive always had the hard SEND button but didnt bother to replace it but so far for the first time its very responsive :-)
    06-13-10 06:18 PM
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml

or here if you have a 64bit pc

C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml
    Last edited by hydroz_23; 06-14-10 at 10:36 AM.
    06-13-10 06:19 PM
    so does the bbm work in groups now or no??
    06-13-10 06:21 PM
    Hows the battery life?
    Is there a memory leak?
    Do all the apps work?
    Will this work on a Verizon 9550?
    Can I load this on my 9520? What about my 8330?
    I think its stuck on the loading screen! It stopped 2/3 the way through, so I pulled the battery. Is that ok?

There! Just wanted to get all those out of the way!
    06-13-10 06:23 PM
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe (32bit)

C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe (64bit)
    Thank you, Will let you know how it goes.
    06-13-10 06:24 PM
    so does the bbm work in groups now or no??
    If you look at the Findings thread you would know the answers.

Hows the battery life?
    Is there a memory leak?
    Do all the apps work?
    Will this work on a Verizon 9550?
    Can I load this on my 9520? What about my 8330?
    I think its stuck on the loading screen! It stopped 2/3 the way through, so I pulled the battery. Is that ok?

LOL
    06-13-10 06:30 PM
    Quick thoughts after installing:

1. Yes, as presented earlier, this installs just fine on a VZW 9550. This is NOT for the 9530, 9520, or 9500. Please read people.

2. I've only had my S2 for a bit, but it seems snappier and the touchscreen seems to me to be more responsive and less....clicky. If you have one, I'm sure some of you know what I mean.

3. Don't know about battery life yet. Gotta give it a bit. However, I have multiple cords and plugs most places where I'm at, so it may be a bit before I can consciously check the battery life

4. I'm thinking after that train wreck that was .607 this can't be much worse.

For those who asked there is an excellent set of postings on how to install a new OS in the forums. You just need to search. I realize that it's just as easy to post the question here, but if you were smart enough to get this far....not trying to be abusive, I'm just saying.

Anyway, I'm glad to be getting some OS love.
    06-13-10 06:34 PM
    I've just tried it, I can feel its really faster but in the BBM group chat the keyboard not showing up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 06:34 PM
    is anybody having trouble with the ear piece. mine sounds horrible now. really raspy
    06-13-10 06:40 PM
    hows the battery life?
    Is there a memory leak?
    Do all the apps work?
    Will this work on a verizon 9550?
    Can i load this on my 9520? What about my 8330?
    I think its stuck on the loading screen! It stopped 2/3 the way through, so i pulled the battery. Is that ok?

classic!!!
    06-13-10 06:41 PM
    ===== QUOTE jhimmel ====

Ben, the first couple of people are JUST installing it. No one knows anything yet. Try it and you tell us...

===== /QUOTE ====

gotcha, never installed a leak since I have been on BES, not sure if it was a good idea or not. I might go ahead and try though.
    It's not a leak. It is an official OS from a different carrier. Fully published, completely official.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-13-10 06:50 PM
    Just loaded this OS.
    06-13-10 06:52 PM
    how do you download the os on the storm 2?
    06-13-10 06:54 PM
    I backed up my apps using BBSAK, wiped, and loaded the OS. Now, when I attempt to restore my apps, it says the restore is complete, but none of my apps are restored. I've installed every new OS since November, including most of OOAK's and Lyricidal's hybrids, and I've necer encountered this problem before.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem?
    06-13-10 07:21 PM
    Opera mini still has the white bar when the keyboard is hidden.

06-13-10 07:28 PM
    Look, the few of us have just installed it. We are inputting app keys, cleaning things up, no time yet to test anything. Why don't you come back in a few hours, or try it for yourself?
    Thank you. People need to read. Many of us have posted helpful information above, ill be damned if someone posts a previously answered question....that myself and others have answered.

06-13-10 07:40 PM
    Opera mini still has the white bar when the keyboard is hidden.

I actually don't have the Opera Mini problem? I did reinstall it however.

Overall it seems snappy and the screen click is less "clicky" than 607.

My signal strength has been good in my house, where 607 would go in and out a lot.
    06-13-10 07:42 PM
    I backed up my apps using BBSAK, wiped, and loaded the OS. Now, when I attempt to restore my apps, it says the restore is complete, but none of my apps are restored. I've installed every new OS since November, including most of OOAK's and Lyricidal's hybrids, and I've necer encountered this problem before.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem?
    BBSAK does not play well with this OS for some reason. It refused to wipe my device, I had to finally use that JL Commander to do it.
    06-13-10 08:19 PM
167 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD