I backed up my apps using BBSAK, wiped, and loaded the OS. Now, when I attempt to restore my apps, it says the restore is complete, but none of my apps are restored. I've installed every new OS since November, including most of OOAK's and Lyricidal's hybrids, and I've necer encountered this problem before.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem?
    I don't have RIM's Twitter app after install but other than that it was a textbook install, no issues. I got a popup warning from apploader about an incompatible app, but figured what the hey I've had no problems installing before. Also worth noting is that I can't download it again, have it bookmarked in Quicklaunch and says it can't connect, like I was offline. Any other page loads just fine.
    06-13-10 08:47 PM
    i got an odd error (made a thread about it) - had to re-install - lost everything.
    did a restore... restoring 3rd party now.

question. I seem to be missing an email inbox icon? i checked the settings and its there.. but i dont get an icon for it? I have messages, and my blackberry.net email but not my other one?

any ideas?
    06-13-10 08:52 PM
    i got an odd error (made a thread about it) - had to re-install - lost everything.
    did a restore... restoring 3rd party now.

question. I seem to be missing an email inbox icon? i checked the settings and its there.. but i dont get an icon for it? I have messages, and my blackberry.net email but not my other one?

any ideas?
    Did you check "show all" in the menu and go looking in folders? I've had that happen a couple times; hope that's all it is.
    06-13-10 09:07 PM
    Did you check "show all" in the menu and go looking in folders? I've had that happen a couple times; hope that's all it is.
    That happened to my yahoo mail on my 2nd s2. I just deleted it and re added it. all is good now
    06-13-10 09:09 PM
    hmm.. after a reboot (after reloading 3rd party) it decided to show up. But twitter was gone and I swear something else is too! lol just not sure what!?

guess i'll know when i go to use it.

otherwise.. all seems fine with 713 so far. smooth
    i dont notice any difference with the screen being any softer.
    06-13-10 09:21 PM
    Does smooth scrolling in calendar agenda view work? Do you have to select show free time so it doesn't take a long time to view?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 09:31 PM
    Themes with scrolling docks are laggy.

06-13-10 09:40 PM
    when you guys say to delete the vendor id, where and when do you delete this....I have a verizon phone and this will be my first OS upgrade , just want to make sure i do it right...
    06-13-10 09:50 PM
    i have a mac. can I load this or do I need a PC?
    06-13-10 09:55 PM
    when you guys say to delete the vendor id, where and when do you delete this....I have a verizon phone and this will be my first OS upgrade , just want to make sure i do it right...
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml

or here if you have a 64bit pc

C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml

Delete it after you install the OS on your pc
    Last edited by hydroz_23; 06-14-10 at 10:35 AM.
    06-13-10 10:13 PM
    Make sure u uninstall previous os'! Lol

06-13-10 10:21 PM
    i have a mac. can I load this or do I need a PC?
    Seeing as I don't have a mac or DM for it I can't be 100% sure on this...but it would be my guess that you can download this for mac as well...Just not sure how DM works with .exe files instead of .dmg's ...
    06-13-10 11:14 PM
    he has me confused now lol....do i delete the vendor .xml file or the loader .exe file after installing OS 5.0.0.713 onto my PC??
    06-13-10 11:45 PM
    vendor.xml
    06-13-10 11:56 PM
    Just for the record. I have never wiped my device before the install of a leak or released OS. It's redundant. A wipe is done during the update process. Urban Myth that you need to wipe first.

I'll be updating shortly.
    06-13-10 11:57 PM
    Just for the record. I have never wiped my device before the install of a leak or released OS. It's redundant. A wipe is done during the update process. Urban Myth that you need to wipe first.

I gave up on telling people that.

It goes to a white screen for a second that says no OS installed.

Steps when DM is loading a new OS.
    -Backup everything including settings and 3rd party apps
    -Wipes
    -Loads new OS
    -Restore data.
    06-14-10 12:02 AM

Not to be contentious, but having installed every leak, new OS and hybrid I could get my hands on for the last year, I found my Storm1 to respond much better if I wiped it with BBSAK first. I've only had my Storm2 for a few months, but I still wipe before installing. Each Storm has its own unique 'personality' as we all know, and yours may do fine without wiping. There are camps for both sides.

My side says that a good wipe before install equals more memory and a cleaner install.

You say you have never wiped. How would you know that you don't need to if you've never tried it???
    06-14-10 12:56 AM
    Awesome, Will wait for a hybrid before install this ^_^
    06-14-10 12:59 AM
    That happened to my yahoo mail on my 2nd s2. I just deleted it and re added it. all is good now
    PC Buddy!

I use bootcamp through my macbook pro

Good luck. Only official VZW OS load through.

Sorry I know tough on all of us
    06-14-10 01:34 AM
    The bbm group bug comes and goes. Works then it doesn't

06-14-10 01:36 AM
    The bbm group bug comes and goes. Works then it doesn't

wouldn't a bbm group issue be an issue with bbm and not the OS?
    06-14-10 06:52 AM
    Battery life is excellent! I dropped only 10% overnight when I was dropping 25%.

Other weird thing though: Wallpaper Changer isn't changing anymore and my Google Maps disappeared. Reinstalled Maps and hoping to hear from Shao about the WC.
    06-14-10 07:23 AM
    Battery life is excellent! I dropped only 10% overnight when I was dropping 25%.
    Can't wait to load this up then!
    06-14-10 08:34 AM
    So far so good, loaded this last night and have had no issues. Performs as good as the Hybrids that I have been using.
    06-14-10 08:35 AM
    Flashing by today,

During flashing i got 523 error which mean not all my data will be restored.
    I just pull out the battery and restore my data using DM manually.

Just want to confirm :
    - BB Groups keyboard come alive
    - Screen more soft and better than last release
    - Browser , i think this release is the fastest
    06-14-10 08:48 AM
167 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD