Someone else mentioned another problem with the .607 build regarding ID and something else I can't remember (not much help I know sorry) But it seemed to matter much as far as security and those on BES. Maybe something IS different about the Verizon build? Who knows? I guess WE will come Monday...
    04-03-10 05:19 PM
    howarmat: 4937597]607 is 607 is 607 that wont matter

howarmat - I just now went to look at your post for the findings and fixes. Not doubting at all but how do you know that both builds are identical?

Is that based on your experience or have you gotten the VZW version early?

Just throwing this out there, is it possible to have different versions of a file in identically numbered builds?

Thanx for any enlightenment
    its the way software development goes. anytime you make a change and recompile the version will change to another number. IE they add a line of code to fix the BBM problem, the build would now be .608
    04-03-10 05:19 PM
    its the way software development goes. anytime you make a change and recompile the version will change to another number. IE they add a line of code to fix the BBM problem, the build would now be .608

this is a never ending battle. No matter how many times or how you say it there will be those that dont believe it.
    04-03-10 05:24 PM
    To be fair guys, when you install a leaked os, BES reads it as vodafone nl, not as verizon.

Perhaps that can be the vendor file missing, but I've installed leaked os'es successfully without deleting the file and seen the same result on BES.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 05:46 PM

Sweet. That makes sense. I had kind of thought it would be something along those lines but I have never been involved in any kind of software build.

Thanx
    04-03-10 05:47 PM
    So i have v 5.0.0.320.. just got the phone from verizon. can someone tell me how/where to upgrage (i use a mac and cant seem to get it to work) everything seems to require windows to do this.. I'm hoping an upgrade to the device software will solve my video playback issues.
    04-03-10 05:53 PM
    To be fair guys, when you install a leaked os, BES reads it as vodafone nl, not as verizon.

Perhaps that can be the vendor file missing, but I've installed leaked os'es successfully without deleting the file and seen the same result on BES.

someone else has mentioned that before too. Dont remember the full details
    04-03-10 05:54 PM
    Don't know anything about any 591, but after reading about 607, I hope the OP is right.

04-04-10 08:20 PM
    Well, I'm completely stoked about tomorrow! I think it's a pretty nice addition to the Easter basket from VZW! I want what's official for my carrier and this sounds like its going to be great!

I don't use groups and don't think that many do! Bring on the 607 - the wait is almost over!
    04-04-10 09:19 PM
    So i have v 5.0.0.320.. just got the phone from verizon. can someone tell me how/where to upgrage (i use a mac and cant seem to get it to work) everything seems to require windows to do this.. I'm hoping an upgrade to the device software will solve my video playback issues.
    what's wrong with your video playback? can u be specific? I don't have trouble with 320 with my self ripped/encoded movies. they play great.
    04-04-10 10:16 PM
    I'll be sticking to 451. Tried 607, didn't like it. Went back the same day. Opera mini bug bothered me too much.

04-04-10 10:22 PM
    Not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure Verizon will push the update to your phone and you can do it OTA. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

But as of now, no you cannot update leaked versions of an OS on a mac.
    04-04-10 10:36 PM
    using desktop manager you can load official os's
    04-04-10 11:21 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD