06-17-10 09:33 AM
205 ... 6789
tools
    Has anyone done this for Mac? I want to update my device but I have a Mac and not a PC..
    03-29-10 08:39 AM
    Ok I tried the links posted above and I can't figure out what the **** I'm doing wrong. I downloaded the file from the BB website. Opened the file and installed it on the computer. I then deleted the vendor file and opened loader.exe. I have also tried it with DM and I have followed the walk throughs step by freaking step. I went so far as to remove the program through control panel and then delete the downloaded OS and redownload it before going from loader.exe to DM. DM says there are no updates and loader.exe just lists all of my apps that are currently loaded. Does anyone have any ideas of what is going on?

Im currently running .320 (I think that's what came with it from VZW) and using Windows Vista. If you need any other info just ask.
    Try going to the the file you downloaded, find the loader, and right click it to Run as Administrator. Had the same problem 'till I did this.
    03-29-10 03:58 PM
    Ok I tried the links posted above and I can't figure out what the **** I'm doing wrong. I downloaded the file from the BB website. Opened the file and installed it on the computer. I then deleted the vendor file and opened loader.exe. I have also tried it with DM and I have followed the walk throughs step by freaking step. I went so far as to remove the program through control panel and then delete the downloaded OS and redownload it before going from loader.exe to DM. DM says there are no updates and loader.exe just lists all of my apps that are currently loaded. Does anyone have any ideas of what is going on?

Im currently running .320 (I think that's what came with it from VZW) and using Windows Vista. If you need any other info just ask.
    Im in the exact same boat. Did everything as you did above and still cant get it to work. I also tried to open apploader as the administrator and everytime i do that it wont recognize my storm, it will not detect it. But if I just double click on the apploader then my pin pops right up in the box. IDK what to do.
    03-29-10 04:19 PM
    Try going to the the file you downloaded, find the loader, and right click it to Run as Administrator. Had the same problem 'till I did this.
    I tried that and it wouldn't detect the phone being connected to the computer. When I run it normally it does connect.
    03-30-10 02:42 AM
    I'm running .517 on my VZW 9550.

FWIW, I got an email from @updates.blackberry.com late last night notifying me about an OS update available via online web update.

No idea what version it is; anyone know if it's a more recent build than .517?
    03-30-10 09:34 AM
    I'm also running .517 on my VZW 9550, I connected my Storm to Desktop Manager and searched for new software and it said " The system applications that are currently installed on your device are newer than those available with this version of the Blackberry Device software". So i took it to mean the version they have is obsolete.
    03-30-10 11:20 AM
    I reckon the web update version will be somewhere in between .320 & .517; I'm tempted to uninstall .517 & downgrade to .320 just so I can see what version the web update it.
    It will be on VZW's software download site soon enough I guess.
    03-30-10 11:23 AM
    If I were to do the update from a different PC, are there any complications I should be aware of? I have followed it step by step and it just will not work with my laptop. I am considering trying it out on my parents desktop, but it does not have any of the software on there. If I don't load DM on there, would loader.exe be on there after downloading and running the update?
    03-30-10 11:32 AM
    Ofelas, you could wait theres gotta be somebody that will load the version that BB has put out. Then you could wait and see what the pros and cons are. Only real problems ive noticed with .517 is that my phone will go off as if i have a bbm and the icon will pop up but i go to bbm and there isnt a thing. Anybody else got this problem?
    03-30-10 12:03 PM
    hondaalpinestar no I haven't noticed that so far with BBM on the .517; yeah, undoubtedly someone will either upload this version or it will appear on VZW's download site in a day or two...
    03-30-10 12:20 PM
    Has anyone done this for Mac? I want to update my device but I have a Mac and not a PC..
    I upgraded on my PC, but it will not sync with my Mac DM. The address book always gets a sync error.
    03-30-10 07:49 PM
    Can anyone actually download this now?

The official link on the first page and teh mega upload one stop and give me an error half way
    03-30-10 08:59 PM
    I just want to be able to upgrade to .517. It's really frustrating when I know I followed all of the steps to a T and still can't get it.
    03-30-10 10:20 PM
    .517 isn't that good IMO.

Battery life is worse than .320
    I get random weird crap happening - I'll unlock my phone and BBM groups, Browser, and options will all just be magically open.
    The Lock button doesn't work all the time for both ways.
    Auto correction turns itself on randomly.
    Sound theme's have changed themselves before.

The only good thing that came out of this was the better typing.
    03-31-10 08:26 AM
    Software For BlackBerry® Storm 2 (TM) smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.909 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 5.0.0.909
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 5.0.0.517
    Software Platform: 4.2.0.250
    File name: 9550AMEA_PBr5.0.0_rel909_PL4.2.0.250_A5.0.0.517_Sa skTel.exe
    File size: 109.96MB

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...4571FBD180E1C8

Installation instructions for any carrier OS.

Step 1: Download desired OS to your PC.
    Step 2: Install and complete the setup process to have the OS installed.
    Step 3: Remember to delete vendor.xml file if your carrier the OS is not from your carrier.
    Step 4: Do a comprehensive backup in case anything goes wrong.
    Step 5: Connect Storm to PC and click on the Loader and let the process initiate. Loader can be found in the same folder as the vendor.xml file.
    Step 6: Do not unplug the Storm during the process. Process may take around 30-60 minutes to complete.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 11:47 AM
    Ok so I downloaded .517 from both blackberry.com and megaupload.com followed the steps like i have in the past soo many times and DM and Loader wouldnt pick it up but then I go and dl .607 and instantly DM picked it up. Why would that be???
    04-04-10 04:56 AM
    Ok so I downloaded .517 from both blackberry.com and megaupload.com followed the steps like i have in the past soo many times and DM and Loader wouldnt pick it up but then I go and dl .607 and instantly DM picked it up. Why would that be???
    Where are you getting .607 from?
    04-04-10 11:08 AM
    I noticed in the My World tab of App World that my downloads aren't showing. I tried hitting 3, 4, ( on the keyboard, but that did not reset My World. Any tips on how to fix? Thanks.
    04-05-10 04:40 PM
    Updating now to OS .607, will post my thoughts later.
    04-05-10 06:42 PM
    Here's the change log for the VZW 5.0.0.607 -

File name -

9550AMEA_PBr51.0.0_rel1020_PL4.2.0.275_A5.0.0.607. exe

Change Log -

Enhancements:
    Multimedia
     Improved video recording and playback in the camera application.
     Enhanced music features to allow tracks to resume playback after
    responding to an incoming call.
     Multiple enhancements to video streaming from YouTube, which
    now allow for improved multitasking function of alarms, incoming
    calls, and emails.
    Messaging
     Improved function for reading, sending, forwarding, and deleting
    text messages.
     Improved saving and playback options for Visual Voice Mail .wav files.
     Enhanced display for MMS messages containing both video and text.
    Basic operations
     Simplified key-lock function. A password is no longer needed unless
    a security timeout has occurred.
     Improved operation during charging.
     Enhanced display response to the touch user interface.
     Stability improvements made to Voice Activated Dialing application.
     Overall improvements to battery life.
     When using your device with a Bluetooth® headset, the Silent option
    now appears as expected in the trusted drop-down list.
    04-06-10 06:59 PM
    Can anyone who has this OS already downloaded on they're 9550 that the German Language is on this OS? I know it says Multi-Language, but if I could get a confirmation that it has German, that would be great, Thanks in advance
    04-08-10 01:12 AM
    I live in Spain and have recently ordered my new Storm 2 from Vodafone Spain and waiting for it to come in. I have been doing TONS of research on this phone but am still so confused about what is the latest and greatest OS update and where to get this update. The link from this original post refers to SaskTel customers, which obviously I am not. Can I still use this download to update a Storm 2 from Vodafone Spain???? Any help would be VERY appreciated!!! Thanks a million!!!
    04-15-10 03:55 PM
    I live in Spain and have recently ordered my new Storm 2 from Vodafone Spain and waiting for it to come in. I have been doing TONS of research on this phone but am still so confused about what is the latest and greatest OS update and where to get this update. The link from this original post refers to SaskTel customers, which obviously I am not. Can I still use this download to update a Storm 2 from Vodafone Spain???? Any help would be VERY appreciated!!! Thanks a million!!!
    Read the first post in this thread it will tell you step by step on how to load this os to your phone as long as your phone operates on CDMA platform you can use the .517 os, you just have to delete the vendor file.
    04-23-10 08:41 AM
    is there a walkthrough for noobies? or can someone pm me on how to do this?

thanks in advance
    05-13-10 08:04 PM
    This thing is horrible....i did it, found absolutley no difference....except now my host routing table is gone, and nothing is making it come back...my provider has given up as well.... ANDDDD wifi won't even connect (host routing table has something to do with that as well i believe) So i'm screwed...what do i do now? my blackberry now is no better than a nokia 6100
    05-17-10 05:27 AM
205 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD