Finally upgraded from .320 (been too chicken to try any of the hybrids/leaks). So far the phone seems much more responsive.

Two things I notice right off the bat, however:

1) The xvid video playback is plagued by artifacts. Didn't have this trouble before.

2) The face detection seems to be much less sensitive, so now I'm cheek dialing again :-(
    03-23-10 08:07 PM
    With the exception of the no longer combined SMS folder, I really like this version. It's really improved the response of my lower left "call" key.
    03-24-10 07:16 AM
    works great
    03-24-10 01:03 PM
    I updated from the first vzw one and it seems like the battery life isnt lasting as long. also when i try to use my browser it says "This is a wifi service please ensure your device has a active wi fi connection and try again"

anyone else having this issue?
    03-24-10 05:03 PM
    I've not noticed the issue with the battery life, but i did notice it directing browsers to WiFi.
    03-24-10 05:43 PM
    With the exception of the no longer combined SMS folder, I really like this version. It's really improved the response of my lower left "call" key.
    Not sure if this was available in previous versions but you can go into messages, options, inbox settings and select which mail & SMS accounts you want combied in the main message list.

It's possible they have decided to handle the 'combine' feature differently in this build.

T
    03-24-10 06:08 PM
    Nice, I was running the stock .320 on VZW on my S2 (bought in November). Definitely snappier and the screen feels more responsive. I turned on the key indicators as well. nice touch.
    no probs yet. me likey.
    Having it for a few days now, I still love how the screen feels so much better...and the buttons at the bottom don't have the sticking issue they had.
    03-24-10 07:19 PM
    Upgraded a few days ago and things were going pretty smooth until today. It seems the phone is constantly searching for network. When it does come online (for 5-10 second intervals) I don't have any data services (only GSM).

My e-mail is floating over on the wifi but I don't have that available everywhere I go....anybody else having this issue?

BTW, already tried 4-5 battery pulls.
    03-25-10 09:50 AM
    What languages does this new OS let you install on your BB Storm 2 9550?

I'm primarily interested in German and I want to know if this OS has it, before installing it.

Thanks in Advance.
    03-25-10 12:57 PM
    Finally upgraded to .517 but now all my mp3 files won't play at all, just get error messages
    03-26-10 01:43 AM
    I updated from the first vzw one and it seems like the battery life isnt lasting as long. also when i try to use my browser it says "This is a wifi service please ensure your device has a active wi fi connection and try again"

anyone else having this issue?
    Have you tried sending your service book?
    03-26-10 07:35 AM
    My battery life, screen functions (rotate, typing, etc.) have all improved. However, I have no zero key in the landscape keyboard, it's a blank key where it should be :P
    03-26-10 09:22 AM
    Installed last night. Went very smooth, no problems seen yet. I read through a number of posts about some of the issues seen (Google Maps not working, other apps not working/issues/etc) and have not had any of those. The 'show key popup' is sort of cool, but only if you are typing so slow you can actually see those. My typing is faster than that so it doesn't really help (nor hurt). It does appear to be 'quicker' for rotation, and definitely for move to and from the alt/number key which is great (that has really been my only complaint on the S2).

Finally, I'll mention thoughts on the screen/button not working issue (related to the RIM/VZW recall due to this screen issue). The slight loosening of the torx screw as talked about in other threads worked for me, but even with that, .517 appears to have helped make the screen a little more responsive as well. So at this point I don't think I need to get the new hardward fix S2, but I have dropped my a few times so might not be a bad idea to get a new one.....
    03-26-10 01:30 PM
    because that is actually not the right folder. You can find it here. And don't forget to right click on it and "run as administrator" if you have vista or windows 7

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor

and here if you have a 64bit pc

C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor
    With Windows 7 64 bit, it's not always easy to find the AppLoader file using search. Here's the way I did it (posted on the CB OS forum), which worked fine. Download went very smooth...

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...11#post4887111
    03-26-10 04:40 PM
    On another topic, the top buttons ...

I installed 517 and my top buttons are still Mute (only) for the upper right and an instant black screen for the upper left. I'm assuming the black screen is Lock ??? I don't have any standby option that I can find.
    03-26-10 04:43 PM
    Quickpull, Seesmic, and Wordpress all do not work when i installed them. I set all the permission to Allow but Quickpull always shows view permission. Seesmic permissions cycle, and Wordpress just wont work period.
    03-26-10 05:33 PM
    On another topic, the top buttons ...

I installed 517 and my top buttons are still Mute (only) for the upper right and an instant black screen for the upper left. I'm assuming the black screen is Lock ??? I don't have any standby option that I can find.
    Upper left is standby. That's why the screen goes blank and stops clicking. To LOCK the phone (like with a password), set one of yiur convenience keys to lock device, or use the password lock icon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 07:21 AM
    I'm getting the following two errors at reboot -

Uncaught exception: classname is not implemented
    Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.wait For (0xbfe76a80778172e5) timeout

Any advice?

03-27-10 09:37 AM
    I'm slightly in the opposite camps. The only thing I have noticed improved is the screen is slightly easier to tap and the same amount of increased responsiveness. Battery life seems unchanged but to be honest, my phone usage habits are different each day.

I'm still having MP3 playback problems. Typing is still subpar and Text Selection doesn't seem much better (which is something I use daily for work). I don't think this is specific to my phone as I've tried it on a few different S2's. Of course, there are also people who have been through multiple S2 out of the gate, so what do I know?

Does anyone know if: A) there is there is a list of changes with this build and B) If this is the same build that is hitting Verizon here in the states when/if it happens?
    03-27-10 12:40 PM
    I'm slightly in the opposite camps. The only thing I have noticed improved is the screen is slightly easier to tap and the same amount of increased responsiveness. Battery life seems unchanged but to be honest, my phone usage habits are different each day.

I'm still having MP3 playback problems. Typing is still subpar and Text Selection doesn't seem much better (which is something I use daily for work). I don't think this is specific to my phone as I've tried it on a few different S2's. Of course, there are also people who have been through multiple S2 out of the gate, so what do I know?

Does anyone know if: A) there is there is a list of changes with this build and B) If this is the same build that is hitting Verizon here in the states when/if it happens?

A) No. To my knowledge RIM very rarely publishes a change log with any OS.

B) Well that's the million dollar question, now isn't it?

03-27-10 06:02 PM
    Ok, so ive downloaded the OS and have my storm2 connected to my pc but i cant find the file in desktop manager to load. Ive heard that the best to do is apploader.exe but what r the steps this is the first OS switch ive done that hasnt been from verizon themselves. id appreciate any help
    03-27-10 06:39 PM
    I'm getting the following two errors at reboot -

Uncaught exception: classname is not implemented
    Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.wait For (0xbfe76a80778172e5) timeout

Any advice?
    Reinstalled without shrinking this time. Problem solved.
    03-27-10 06:43 PM
    Ok, so ive downloaded the OS and have my storm2 connected to my pc but i cant find the file in desktop manager to load. Ive heard that the best to do is apploader.exe but what r the steps this is the first OS switch ive done that hasnt been from verizon themselves. id appreciate any help
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...hlight=upgrade

OR

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    03-27-10 09:35 PM
    Thanks that helped a ton
    03-27-10 10:20 PM
    Ok I tried the links posted above and I can't figure out what the **** I'm doing wrong. I downloaded the file from the BB website. Opened the file and installed it on the computer. I then deleted the vendor file and opened loader.exe. I have also tried it with DM and I have followed the walk throughs step by freaking step. I went so far as to remove the program through control panel and then delete the downloaded OS and redownload it before going from loader.exe to DM. DM says there are no updates and loader.exe just lists all of my apps that are currently loaded. Does anyone have any ideas of what is going on?

Im currently running .320 (I think that's what came with it from VZW) and using Windows Vista. If you need any other info just ask.
    03-28-10 02:43 PM
205 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD