His .517/.548 is running great.
    I'm so glad he got right on it. 517 alone was buggy as **** for me. My screen was unresponsive, click was really loud again, the clock was going on and on last night. I almost wiped it and went back to 451/548. Now my phone is nice and smooth again. In my case, there is a real difference between the straight "official" os & a hybrid.
    03-18-10 08:43 AM
    Am i missing something or is there a way to install a new OS without having to input all of the keys for my apps again? I have tried bbsak and it backs up my cod's fine but i still have to reapply all of my keys.....it's a real pain. Thanks in advance.
    03-18-10 09:34 AM
    Very NICE! Battery does NOT lose 5-10% in first 1/2 hour, like it was on .451. Installed at 6:30 last night and was only down to 95% at 6:00 this morning.
    03-18-10 09:43 AM
    Hey guys!
    I switched to a Tour a friend of mine gave me because I finally got so frustrated with the sticky bottom keys on my precious Storm 2 (and I'm not being sarcastic. I loved my S2). I've not called them about a replacement yet, but if this is a good fix, or temp fix, I'll switch back to my S2 and update the OS.

I'm still on the original .320. Worth the update and switch?

Bruce
    03-18-10 09:48 AM
    I read every message, but I did not see my concern addressed; does this release increase or help the signal strength & "lost call" problem? My signal meter is all over the place and at times I feel like I am on AT&T's network with drop calls! Does it seem to help in those areas?
    03-18-10 10:45 AM
    I read every message, but I did not see my concern addressed; does this release increase or help the signal strength & "lost call" problem? My signal meter is all over the place and at times I feel like I am on AT&T's network with drop calls! Does it seem to help in those areas?
    Did you dial *228 and update roaming? I always do that after a os upgrade...Just a thought
    03-18-10 11:00 AM
    installed the new OS.. first thing i checked out was my video files...

i can confirm that XVID files are playing with this OS... RIM finally rocks my world again... no more converting my video files....
    03-18-10 11:51 AM
    Hey guys!
    I switched to a Tour a friend of mine gave me because I finally got so frustrated with the sticky bottom keys on my precious Storm 2 (and I'm not being sarcastic. I loved my S2). I've not called them about a replacement yet, but if this is a good fix, or temp fix, I'll switch back to my S2 and update the OS.

I'm still on the original .320. Worth the update and switch?

Bruce
    Definitely get the upgraded hardware....HUGE difference in feel and responsiveness of the screen, and that was before I upgraded to .451 (hoping to get a chance to install the .517/.548 hybrid later today)!
    03-18-10 12:07 PM
    Question - I've been using the Storm2 since it came out, but back on my old Storm I used to wipe with BBSAK and then install the new OS. I notice that with the S2, not all people are wiping anymore but rather just deleting vendor.xml and installing the OS.

I'm on BES so wiping is a huge pain in the **** for me. Can I get away with installing the new .517 on top of .320 without wiping?
    03-18-10 12:32 PM
    Question - I've been using the Storm2 since it came out, but back on my old Storm I used to wipe with BBSAK and then install the new OS. I notice that with the S2, not all people are wiping anymore but rather just deleting vendor.xml and installing the OS.

I'm on BES so wiping is a huge pain in the **** for me. Can I get away with installing the new .517 on top of .320 without wiping?
    Yes you can just upgrade
    03-18-10 12:34 PM
    Did you dial *228 and update roaming? I always do that after a os upgrade...Just a thought
    I do the *228 quite often, I was just wondering if this new O/S upgrade helped call & signal quality.
    03-18-10 01:17 PM
    Ultimate Lock not working for me from the lock/power button.
    03-18-10 01:38 PM
    [QUOTE=jlanelson;4851810]Question - I've been using the Storm2 since it came out, but back on my old Storm I used to wipe with BBSAK and then install the new OS. I notice that with the S2, not all people are wiping anymore but rather just deleting vendor.xml and installing the OS.

I'm on BES so wiping is a huge pain in the **** for me. Can I get away with installing the new .517 on top of .320 without wiping?[/QUOTE

I am on a BES server as well, and if you create a backup file in DM first, then you can do a complete wipe. Use apploader to update the OS, and then go back to DM and do a restore. This will allow the enterprise activation to initiate on its own, without having to get your IT department to reset your password.
    03-18-10 01:41 PM
    I'm on BES. I follow all the directions for deleting the vendor file, run the software, boot up desktop manager, plug in the phone and have never had it fail......make sure you go in and update all of your permissions after upgrading.....things run smoother.....some are reset to the default setting of "custom".....so far no glitches....
    03-18-10 02:06 PM
    [QUOTE=8330newbie;4852124]

I'm on BES so wiping is a huge pain in the **** for me. Can I get away with installing the new .517 on top of .320 without wiping?[/QUOTE

I am on a BES server as well, and if you create a backup file in DM first, then you can do a complete wipe. Use apploader to update the OS, and then go back to DM and do a restore. This will allow the enterprise activation to initiate on its own, without having to get your IT department to reset your password.
    Where were you an hour ago?! lol! Thanks for the info - good to know for the next time
    03-18-10 02:40 PM
    I'm so glad he got right on it. 517 alone was buggy as **** for me. My screen was unresponsive, click was really loud again, the clock was going on and on last night. I almost wiped it and went back to 451/548. Now my phone is nice and smooth again. In my case, there is a real difference between the straight "official" os & a hybrid.
    Where can we download the hybrid?
    03-18-10 02:48 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/oo...hybrid-422850/
    03-18-10 02:53 PM
    It's available to bbhybrids.net VIP's right now. Meaning you buy a subscription and you'll have access to whatever as soon as it comes out. Eventually they're posted usually within a week w/o the subscription. At least thats my observation.
    03-18-10 02:57 PM
    is there a better step by step on how to get this done? its my 1st time trying this type of thing and its not doing anything that you guys are writing about. thanx! (just trying to do the OS not the hybrid)
    03-18-10 03:30 PM
    Ultimate Lock not working for me from the lock/power button.
    This is from the app store:

*** Some newer builds of 5.0 (.484) made a change to the lock system in a way that prevents the lock key from launching the app. All other features work as expected. ***
    03-18-10 03:53 PM
    The loader can't detect my BB through the USB port. Any ideas how to fix? I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. I also was able to back up before downloading the new OS, so it was being detected before then.
    03-18-10 06:02 PM
    The loader can't detect my BB through the USB port. Any ideas how to fix? I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. I also was able to back up before downloading the new OS, so it was being detected before then.
    Restart your pc and blackberry
    03-18-10 06:04 PM
    I looked in my research in motion file in the c drive and couldn't find the vendor file. Can someone help me with step to step. Also, tell me the exact name of vendor file for this so maybe I can search for it? Thank you for the update, but I need help!
    03-18-10 06:09 PM
    Restart your pc and blackberry
    Didn't work, unfortunately. Any other possibilities? Thanks in advance.
    03-18-10 06:18 PM
    I looked in my research in motion file in the c drive and couldn't find the vendor file. Can someone help me with step to step. Also, tell me the exact name of vendor file for this so maybe I can search for it? Thank you for the update, but I need help!
    This is where its located if you have a 32bit pc
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor

This is where its located if you have a 64bit pc
    C:\Program Files(86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor

You will run the loader.exe from this same folder after you delete vendor. Right click on it and run as administrator if you have vista or win 7

03-18-10 06:33 PM
205 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD