ok just finished.
    I loaded with +10 MB. Other then that I haven't seen anything else new. But I've only been messing with it for 15 min.

Right now my battery hasn't discharge at all since I rebooted. Which is really good! Well see how it lasts
    03-17-10 11:24 PM
    So far it is working really well. Haven't seen any changes yet.
    03-17-10 11:37 PM
    The only issue I have seen is that with the Password protection feature turned on it will not activate when pushing the lock button. The screen lock activates but not the security lock. All other ways work like the timed feature or rebooting the device or pushing the lock icon on the screen. Just not the lock button at the top of the device. Anybody ideas about this? And yes I have done numerous battery pulls. Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 11:38 PM
    ok ive never install an officail os.
    i delete the vendor and everything. i was just curious if i should use jl cmder to wipe my device.... or will the loader not recognize it if i do?
    No need to wipe the device. But if you do, app loader will recognize the device. DM probably will not if completely wiped
    03-17-10 11:39 PM
    for some reason when I first installed and it rebooted, my apps were acting crazy... after a battery pulll everything was a-ok after that.... its running nice... smooth typing, scrolling and everything else... wifi does seem to connect faster.... im liking it so far....
    03-17-10 11:44 PM
    This is great. Of all the releases I've tried I really like this one. I only had one glitch with font before a battery pull. But everything is so much smoother and faster. My computer asked for a restart to finalize installation. After that I ran setup again to repair the install. Did remove anything and then ran the installation through bbsak. Loaded without a hitch. Love it. Wish I could get something just as good but official from vzw.

03-17-10 11:45 PM
    Yeah.... so I'm pretty bitter right now that there's an official update out, but I'm on a Mac and can't join the party. WTF?!
    dude, bootcamp your mac...... blackberry backups, OS installs and BB desktop manager is the sole reason I bootcamped my MBP...
    03-17-10 11:46 PM
    Does anyone lock their blackberry with a password? When I lock the device and unlock, I'm no longer prompted for a password. It used to prompt on every unlock on previous OSs :/
    03-17-10 11:48 PM
    After long long time, there was update os for 9550, so I could not resist myself . Downloaded timmeditaely and installed .517 today morning. OS is very stable. Radio sems to be much better. Clicking on screen has been improved a lot compare to .451. Let me check whether screen still freezes after long duration calls or has it been addressed in this build. I have been noticing that whenever I used to have long duration (something like more than 5 min), screen use to be freezed for some time (1-2 min) and then it becomes normal.
    03-17-10 11:50 PM
    Does anyone lock their blackberry with a password? When I lock the device and unlock, I'm no longer prompted for a password. It used to prompt on every unlock on previous OSs :/
    In this os, taking out from holster, it does not ask for unlock.
    03-17-10 11:54 PM
    i installed the os, but i cant find it anywhere on my computer.. where the **** is it?!
    on windows 7
    03-17-10 11:56 PM
    i installed the os, but i cant find it anywhere on my computer.. where the **** is it?!
    on windows 7
    Is it listed in Add/Remove? The specific files will be in the C:/Program Files(x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared
    03-17-10 11:57 PM
    Is it listed in Add/Remove? The specific files will be in the C:/Program Files(x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared
    yepp thanks!
    03-18-10 12:05 AM
    on windows 7
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared
    check this location in win 7.
    thanks.
    03-18-10 12:16 AM
    hello everyone, my gf is running a unlock storm 2 on att.. after she updated to the last leak os, her e-mail and apps stop working.. but sms mms bbm phone calls work fine, anyone know how this official os runs on unlock storm 2 ??? thanks
    I am also using unlock on AirTel in India and all finctions including emails etc are working very fine. Today morning, I installed .517 and everything is working in normal way. Rather this build is very stable, radio is much improved and screen click is so smooth.
    thanks.
    03-18-10 12:30 AM
    Just got the SMS glitch. Lame. It happened on my third text just now. Well see how often it comes up.

Anyone else get it yet?
    03-18-10 12:55 AM
    dude, bootcamp your mac...... blackberry backups, OS installs and BB desktop manager is the sole reason I bootcamped my MBP...
    I'm aware of Bootcamp..... but that'd require finding a copy of Windows to install too, though. I'd have to ask around, and for some reason I think I'd feel weird doing that when I'm relatively new to this area. (Anyone have a copy? Or know how to unlock a pirated one? Lol.)
    03-18-10 01:34 AM
    This worked! Thanks!
    Not for me cant find the file anywhere
    03-18-10 02:19 AM
    Any BIG improvements over Lyr's hybrid?

Not going to upgrade if theres not much diff.

Restoring my 7 BBM groups is a b!tch.
    03-18-10 03:20 AM
    If this OS is as good to my S2 as their 4.5.0.173 was on my old Pearl I'm going to be one happy camper, having to wait till later is killer lol

03-18-10 04:21 AM
    SaskTel is a Company that serves Saskatchewan and Manitoba in Canada. Sasktel also rents there hardware to Telus and Bell, they haven't upgraded to HSPA+ yet and that is why there is no HSPA+ coverage in sask and man in Canada.

ps Installing the new OS now, as i start my drinking, happy St. Pattys Day!
    Sasktel is a crown owned telecommunications company that serves ONLY Saskatchewan Canada. MTS serves Manitoba. Sasktel is also one of the most profitable per capita telecommunications companies in the world. Per capita meaning the population it serves ( approx 1 million ) .

Dennis
    03-18-10 04:30 AM
    Software For BlackBerry� Storm 2 (TM) smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.909 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 5.0.0.909
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 5.0.0.517
    Software Platform: 4.2.0.250
    File name: 9550AMEA_PBr5.0.0_rel909_PL4.2.0.250_A5.0.0.517_Sa skTel.exe
    File size: 109.96MB

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...4571FBD180E1C8

Installation instructions for any carrier OS.

Step 1: Download desired OS to your PC.
    Step 2: Install and complete the setup process to have the OS installed.
    Step 3: Remember to delete vendor.xml file if your carrier the OS is not from your carrier.
    Step 4: Do a comprehensive backup in case anything goes wrong.
    Step 5: Connect Storm to PC and click on the Loader and let the process initiate. Loader can be found in the same folder as the vendor.xml file.
    Step 6: Do not unplug the Storm during the process. Process may take around 30-60 minutes to complete.
    03-18-10 08:11 AM
    Any BIG improvements over Lyr's hybrid?

Not going to upgrade if theres not much diff.

Restoring my 7 BBM groups is a b!tch.
    You will need it because he's already making builds using 517. I just downloaded 517/548.
    03-18-10 08:20 AM
    You will need it because he's already making builds using 517. I just downloaded 517/548.
    His .517/.548 is running great.
    03-18-10 08:24 AM
    How do I delete the vendor file? What do you mean comprehensive back up ? Don't I download ths one the same as I would any other OS?
    AUUGGHH!! I just typed a long response... and CB broke on post! gone...

get bbsak or blackberry MCP (Master control program)
    do a full 3rd party app backup

This is just in case... when installing, loader will ask if you want to back up (select yes) - incase something goes wrong you already have a nice full backup (including themes - which do not restore after)

in control panel Uninstall old OS (if installed)
    Install new OS (Reboot if prompted.. i had to)
    go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    and delete vendor.xml

then run loader.exe and follow the instructions... (It should say update next to core apps)

enjoy!
    03-18-10 08:25 AM
205 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD