https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...43E665FDB20B14

--------------------------------------
    Package Version: 5.0.0.984
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 5.0.0.580
    * Software Platform: 4.2.0.250

Installation instructions.

Step 1: Download desired OS to your PC.
    Step 2: Install and complete the setup process to have the OS installed.
    Step 3: Remember to delete vendor.xml file if your carrier the OS is not from your carrier.
    Step 4: Do a comprehensive backup in case anything goes wrong.
    Step 5: Connect BB to PC and click on the Loader and let the process initiate. Loader can be found in the same folder as the vendor.xml file.
    Step 6: Do not unplug the BB during the process. Process may take around 30-60 minutes to complete.
    Last edited by adobe; 04-07-10 at 01:49 AM.
    04-01-10 04:29 PM
    Lucky you, 9520 owners. At least higher than the .517 official for the 9550.owners
    04-01-10 04:47 PM
    Did you miss the 607 leak for 9550?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 05:07 PM
    I need a DRM version for my UK vodafone 9520.

I will have to wait again as usual.

For those who install this, please let us know how it is.

Cheers guys.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-01-10 05:36 PM

I need a DRM version for my UK vodafone 9520.

Cheers guys.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    im in the same boat, and the `far from ideal but does work` idea is to just download .497 (latest official uk) and then copy the java folder from this or any other non-drm version into the .497(or whatever your latest offical is) then use apploader

its not a full OS obviously, but works, im running my UK 9520 on it now
    04-01-10 07:56 PM

I need a drm version for my uk vodafone 9520.

Cheers guys.

posted from my blackberry using berryblab
    me too, you know the drm and no drm version really start to **** me off
    04-01-10 10:08 PM
    What means "start"? It already ****** me off for a while now!

What sense does it make to apply DRM to a phone anyway? Most of the other phone networks don't see the necessity to "protect" whatsoever from us evil customers. Isn't it bad enough to have a 9550 and 9520 already?

OK, I got the phone for free, so what do I care, but such a hassle just deepens my decision to avoid VF in the future.
    04-01-10 11:05 PM
    Official blackberry site is very very slow and it is frustrating to download. Has anyone provided mirror for faster download?
    Prithvi
    04-02-10 01:19 AM
    Have you downloaded OS .580 sucessfully from Blackberry website? I tried 2-3 times but speed was very slow and after 30-40 min, it was abruptly discontinued. If you have created any mirror at some other location, it would be easier to download.
    Prithvi
    04-02-10 01:24 AM
    Grrrreat..... so thats two firmware updates us uk vodafone users have to miss out on due to drm restrictions...!!!

All this is doing is making me want to ditch my BB Storm2 for the next iPhone even MORE!
    04-02-10 07:32 AM
    Yup... this DRM is really pain in the xxs... Why why why? an only for Vodafone UK....

And the latest 2 days both leak and official only come out the NO DRM version...
    04-02-10 08:37 AM
    I'm seeing that this is for the 9520. what is the difference between this and the 9550?
    sorry to sound like a noob, but no one seems to be able to explain this. More importantly, can these O.S.'s be interchanged like the 5.x.x.x between the storm 1 and storm 2? as well as Vodafone and Verizon. my sim card has both on it?
    I have had the storm 1 since the march after its release from Verizon. recently upgraded to the storm 2 and was ruing the older hardware. I got the replacement in the mail, and am looking for the newest O.S. for storm 2.
    By the way, the new touch screen hardware is GREAT!!! It feels similar if not better than the touch response of the storm 1.

thank you for your time reading this and (hopefully) your responses.
    04-02-10 11:21 AM
    @ mojoking

this 9520 version will not work on your 9550 - i cant explain very well either but its something to do with the internal workings and radios etc..

ps mods can we add a no drm to the title of this thread cos for us UK 9520 people we get all excited and then remember we are the poor relations of the party again. please..

it would be good to do that for all futures as well
    ie.
    9550 version
    9520 drm version
    9520 no drm version
    04-02-10 12:09 PM
    @ mojoking

this 9520 version will not work on your 9550 - i cant explain very well either but its something to do with the internal workings and radios etc..

ps mods can we add a no drm to the title of this thread cos for us UK 9520 people we get all excited and then remember we are the poor relations of the party again. please..

it would be good to do that for all futures as well
    ie.
    9550 version
    9520 drm version
    9520 no drm version
    Thank you. i guess ill keep looking or run 5.0.0.517.
    04-02-10 03:28 PM
    Definitely worth the upgrade. A few times the download got disconnected from the server side. But finally managed to download and installation went smoothly like always. Did the install on friday.

Saturday:
    Noticed that the battery life has increased.
    Navigation is overall smoother than .497

Will post more on this at the end of the day, regarding the battery.
    04-02-10 10:44 PM
    How did you install it? I thought it is a no drm version so is a no-no for us vodafone customers?
    Help pls!
    04-03-10 02:41 AM
    Hello, Not a newb but this is my first post . Would i be right in thinking that the DRM only makes a difference if your music is protected, in my case none of my library of tunes is locked so i can go ahead and lauch from apploader as usual??
    04-03-10 11:03 AM
    Hello, Not a newb but this is my first post . Would i be right in thinking that the DRM only makes a difference if your music is protected, in my case none of my library of tunes is locked so i can go ahead and lauch from apploader as usual??
    no the OS is drm protected and not just your music
    04-03-10 05:43 PM
    Strange how O2 don't feel the need to DRM their S2 releases.

I am keeping an eye on T-Mobile... they have the S2 now but no public release of firmware updates.... however, their recent 9700 update did not have nodrm in the file name.
    04-03-10 06:38 PM
    Thank You aapierre. I was completely unaware that DRM had been applied to any BB o/s . Going to have to still sound a bit slow on the uptake here but if my S2 is voda branded but unlocked and being used on Orange am i able to use a nodrm release or will i have to always wait for a drm release. I did notice that on the first page of this thread that a uk voda user has installed and is running this release.
    04-03-10 08:24 PM
    You will still have to wait for the drm version. The bit of the memory that checks for drm code is located beyond our reach.

Anyone that says that they have installed this version on their VF handset are a bunch of n00bs and have just copied over the JAVA files (which is not the operating system)

They will show you the 'About' screenshot that states 5.0.0.580, but that is the build of the application layer, NOT the OS. The OS build is the one beside the 'Platform 4.2.0.220' (this is the platform for the .497 release)
    04-04-10 03:28 AM
    Definitely worth the upgrade. A few times the download got disconnected from the server side. But finally managed to download and installation went smoothly like always. Did the install on friday.

Saturday:
    Noticed that the battery life has increased.
    Navigation is overall smoother than .497

Will post more on this at the end of the day, regarding the battery.

this works on your no-drm phone? or drm phone?
    04-04-10 08:37 PM
    no-drm. It does NOT work on a DRM
    04-04-10 10:22 PM
    this works on your no-drm phone? or drm phone?
    it works on my no-drm phone, totally unlocked and unbranded by carriers.
    04-04-10 11:31 PM
    i'm also upgrading by pasting the java folder to .497 os

the platform is still using .497 , but the core application is upgrading

just like hybrid , i think
    Last edited by adobe; 04-05-10 at 02:47 AM.
    04-05-10 02:44 AM
115 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD