I'm not to thrilled with their standard ringtones, so I bought a song 'over the air' and paid $1.99 for it. I had trouble using it as my ringtone, so I contacted support and, after a long messy session, had it as my ringtone. That was about two weeks ago and, for whatever reason, the ringtone went back to one of theirs and I cannot get the song back as a tone. I contacted support and was told the file was corrupted because songs were not meant to be ringtones and, therefore, should not have been set that way. I couldn't even play the song as I kept getting an error telling me I wasn't authorized to play it any longer. I was told to delete it and load it again, but I would have to pay for it. Yeah, right. Any ideas as to what is going on here?

Thanks
    02-09-09 02:04 PM
    Just send an mp3 to the phone and download it into ringtones, free and easy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 02:06 PM
    as above, don't buy ringtones, make them. There are a ton of cheap apps out there to cut songs from your existing collection into ringtone sized bites. Then all you have to do is send them to your phone and save them, or load them while connected.
    02-09-09 02:22 PM
    Audacity is a free, and pretty easy, program to use.

You can also use DM and the Media option (Roxio, as it were) to load ringtones directly to the phone - easier and faster if you're loading a bunch.
    02-09-09 02:54 PM
    zedge.com has a cool maker too. create and account there and play with the digital voice maker too. really neat for a few hours amusument.
    02-09-09 03:24 PM
    Just send an mp3 to the phone and download it into ringtones, free and easy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Thank you kind sir. By the way, I loved your 'Death Wish' movies.
    02-09-09 04:30 PM
    as above, don't buy ringtones, make them. There are a ton of cheap apps out there to cut songs from your existing collection into ringtone sized bites. Then all you have to do is send them to your phone and save them, or load them while connected.
    I'm going to give this a shot.
    02-09-09 04:37 PM
    Audacity is a free, and pretty easy, program to use.

You can also use DM and the Media option (Roxio, as it were) to load ringtones directly to the phone - easier and faster if you're loading a bunch.
    I can take something easy and make it difficult, but I'll give it a go.

Thanks dude...or dudette, whichever the case may be.
    02-09-09 04:38 PM
    zedge.com has a cool maker too. create and account there and play with the digital voice maker too. really neat for a few hours amusument.
    Many thanks Ice, Ice baby.
    02-09-09 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD