Hi, I just downloaded Weatherbug and think its great. I was just wondering if someone can tell me what the settings should be set at to get the best performance out of it. Also I'm not quite sure what a few of them mean.

Under Preferences: Turn on/off my location....should this be set to on or off? Turn on/off location fix on application start....should this be checked or unchecked? Also will the turn on/off U.S. alerts work in Canada? and should my GPS be enabled or E911?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Sorry for so many questions at once.
    02-08-09 06:51 PM
    Turn off "My Location" feature - GPS with the storm can be a bit "finicky" to say the least.

If you want to use it on an "on demand" basis, you can enable it as needed and then turn it back off.

I would turn "Alerts" off. If you live up North, there is almost always an Alert (at least this time of the year).
    02-08-09 07:19 PM
    Turn off "My Location" feature - GPS with the storm can be a bit "finicky" to say the least.

If you want to use it on an "on demand" basis, you can enable it as needed and then turn it back off.

I would turn "Alerts" off. If you live up North, there is almost always an Alert (at least this time of the year).
    OK I'll try the "on demand" route first and see how this goes. Would you happen to know about the other setting "location fix"
    Thank you for your help!
    02-08-09 07:26 PM
    OK I'll try the "on demand" route first and see how this goes. Would you happen to know about the other setting "location fix"
    Thank you for your help!
    That just determines if it tries to "locate" you when you start the app. If you turn "My Location" off it doesn't matter. I leave it checked so that when I turn the feature on it will try to loacte me immediately.
    02-08-09 08:05 PM
    That just determines if it tries to "locate" you when you start the app. If you turn "My Location" off it doesn't matter. I leave it checked so that when I turn the feature on it will try to loacte me immediately.
    OK great! Thank you for your advice.
    02-08-09 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD