I just ordered my BB Storm 9530 from Verizon; I got it for $99

How did I do that?

Regular Price: $249
    MIR $ 50
    NE2 $ 50
    PDA2PDA Upg $ 50

The PDA2PDA upgrade is a $50 credit you get that was offered in November (not sure when it expires) if you are upgrading an existing PDA to another PDA.

I do have a serious question, as I am relatively new to BB Storm, I have seen many posts about bugs, etc. in the original OS, etc.

When I receive the device (hopefully b4 XMAS), what should I do first? Is their a "step by step" to upgrade, etc.?

Thank you.
    12-18-08 07:08 AM
    I am so new to this stuff and haven't even figure out how and where to post questions but here goes....I have a pearl 8120 but have been thinking about getting a curve instead. I just can't seem to make the decision.confused: Has anyone out there done that and if so was it the right choice. I love the size of the pearl but cannot tell you how many times I have to backspace and start a word over again. I do a LOT of typing on my phone! Any one want to jump on this?
    12-18-08 07:12 AM
    Someone else might be better at answering this than me since I was a new BB owner as well.

My advice is just to go through the default wizard that prompts you when you turn the device on. That helped me out a lot! The next thing I did was go to Options>Screen/Keyboard and change all the settings in there.

For example, I turned of the Key sounds and turned off the Auto-dim feature. I turned down the brightness of my screen to 40 to save battery life (Choose whatever suits you best). I also change the touchscreen settings to this:

Tap Interval: 100
    Hover Period: 100
    Swipe Sensitivity: 6

Once again, these settings are personal preferences. Oh and I think you should read the Tips and Tricks thread at the top of the forum because that will get you familiar with the device. I'm sure there's a lot more that you could do, but I hope this little bit helps out!
    12-18-08 07:18 AM
    I am so new to this stuff and haven't even figure out how and where to post questions but here goes....I have a pearl 8120 but have been thinking about getting a curve instead. I just can't seem to make the decision.confused: Has anyone out there done that and if so was it the right choice. I love the size of the pearl but cannot tell you how many times I have to backspace and start a word over again. I do a LOT of typing on my phone! Any one want to jump on this?
    You would actually want to post this under the Pearl or Curve Forum, but it's fine! Honestly, if you are having that much trouble typing on the Pearl then I think you should jump to the Curve. If you have any free time, you should go to the store and test out the Curve and see if you like the keyboard. Everybody is going to have different opinions about each phone and it really comes down to your personal preference. If you really want my opinion, I would go with the Curve because of the full keyboard and bigger screen. Just remember, to each their own.
    12-18-08 07:23 AM
    I don't know if it's fair to include my Flipswap rebate...

$250
    -$50 MIR
    -$50 NE2
    -$74.16 FlipSwap

$75.84 total
    12-18-08 07:34 AM

$250
    -$50 MIR
    -$50 NE2
    -$74.16 FlipSwap

$75.84 total
    I will probably do dealtree.com for a$35 best buy gift card for my MotoQ after I get my Storm...
    12-18-08 08:08 AM

$250
    -$50 MIR
    -$50 NE2
    -$74.16 FlipSwap

$75.84 total
    FlipSwap totally counts!

I got $39.56 + an extra $50 during their GRADUATE program... totalling 89.56. Well worth the $3 postage it cost to send the phone to them!
    12-18-08 08:18 AM
    FlipSwap totally counts!

I got $39.56 + an extra $50 during their GRADUATE program... totalling 89.56. Well worth the $3 postage it cost to send the phone to them!
    I did the blackberry tradeup program and got 43 (or will get) for my old Samsung Alias, SO.....

249 Storm
    (50) MIR
    (100) NE2
    (43) Tradeup
    -------
    56 total cost of phone (plus tax of course)

I checked out flipswap too, but they only offered me 40.
    12-18-08 08:29 AM
    I did the blackberry tradeup program and got 43 (or will get) for my old Samsung Alias, SO.....

249 Storm
    (50) MIR
    (100) NE2
    (43) Tradeup
    -------
    56 total cost of phone (plus tax of course)

I checked out flipswap too, but they only offered me 40.
    Isn't flipswap the same as the BB trade up? When I went through the BB tradeup, thats where it directed me and just happened at the time that they were offering 50 extra bucks through the "Graduate to Blackberry" program
    12-18-08 10:58 AM
    Flipswap offers you cash for your cell phone which can be done at anytime. The Blackberry trade up program was through flipswap. The recent "Graduate" promo offered an additional $50 on top of what flipswap offered if you purchased a Blackberry but expired 11/30. Flipswap itself does not require a purchase of a phone to use the service.
    12-18-08 01:44 PM
    I paid nothing for mine, got it through work...
    12-18-08 01:49 PM

PDA2PDA Upg $ 50

The PDA2PDA upgrade is a $50 credit you get that was offered in November (not sure when it expires) if you are upgrading an existing PDA to another PDA.

This is the first I've heard of the PDA upgrade. Is there a formal title for it? Your post is the only hit on Google. I'd like to take advantage of it, as my wife is interested in moving from her Treo to a Storm.
    12-18-08 01:51 PM
    Flipswap offers you cash for your cell phone which can be done at anytime. The Blackberry trade up program was through flipswap. The recent "Graduate" promo offered an additional $50 on top of what flipswap offered if you purchased a Blackberry but expired 11/30. Flipswap itself does not require a purchase of a phone to use the service.
    Maybe I'll flipswap my OTHER old phone.

EDIT: 9 dollars YUCK!
    Last edited by pkcable; 12-18-08 at 01:56 PM.
    12-18-08 01:52 PM
    This is the first I've heard of the PDA upgrade. Is there a formal title for it? Your post is the only hit on Google. I'd like to take advantage of it, as my wife is interested in moving from her Treo to a Storm.
    Don't know - I called Verizon last night and asked about additional discounts...the rep. put me on hold and told me about a $50 rebate that was offered in November and it could be used in conjunction w/ my NE2 $50.

That's the best I can tell you...
    12-18-08 03:46 PM
    Welcome to the Crack. Way to go on the Storm. It is great to see that the "AK" is doing so well.
    12-18-08 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD