Hi,
    Brand new to the storm,blackberry,crackberry. I have had the Storm for over a week and gone through the tips manual from Verzion. I got most of the basics down and I love most of the features but am frustrated with the web so far. When i go to a site that needs a login- every time i tap teh screen gets bigger - I understand that..so when i switch to curser mode I am able then to eventually type in a login name but then when i want to hit the login button it doesn't seem to to just sit there and I can't enter the secure site. One of the reasons I wanted the Storm was because of the web and am getting frustrated. I am looking for any tips related to the web browsing with the Storm that might make the experience better...thx in advance
    02-25-09 11:00 AM
    Download the Bolt or Opera Mini browser. Just search you'll find where to download.
    02-25-09 11:49 AM
    When I am trying to enter my screen name and password information I just lightly touch the screen without actually pushing it in and the cursor shows up in the password box and the keyboard shows up. Everytime you just push the screen in it will zoom in. Like I said just lightly touch the screen and it will activate the cursor in the password box and the keyboard will come up. When you are finished instead of trying to hit the ok button or the sign in button while the keyboard is still up just hit the enter button on the keyboard. It is the one that looks like an arrow pointing inward toward the rest of the keys on the keyboard. Try that and good luck.
    02-25-09 12:00 PM
    When I am trying to enter my screen name and password information I just lightly touch the screen without actually pushing it in and the cursor shows up in the password box and the keyboard shows up. Everytime you just push the screen in it will zoom in. Like I said just lightly touch the screen and it will activate the cursor in the password box and the keyboard will come up. When you are finished instead of trying to hit the ok button or the sign in button while the keyboard is still up just hit the enter button on the keyboard. It is the one that looks like an arrow pointing inward toward the rest of the keys on the keyboard. Try that and good luck.
    +1 to this. Also, for the login buttons, you may need to press it once or twice for it to register. Sometimes the press registers as a zoom and sometimes it registers as clicking the button. The software is rather whimsical sometimes

Switching to a different browser is NOT a sufficient answer to the OP's question, especially since both of them have a lot of non-operable features because they are not compatible with the Storm.
    02-25-09 12:23 PM
    I have tried the Bolt Browser and Opera Mini also. I still find the BB Browser to be more suitable for me. Something about dragging full viewing webpages bugs me out.
    02-25-09 12:26 PM
    thx - making progress.
    02-25-09 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD