Ok,

I am new to Blackberry in General but just got a Storm. I want to know what I should download or do first.

I know that a lot of you have had Blackberrys for a while, so my question for everyone is.....

"If you got a brand new Blackberry Storm and had to reload everything from scratch. What would you do different then the first time, what apps are cooler than others, and what are some good shortcuts?"

I already put the paper behind the battery and that worked great, and I moved some of my icons to folders to speed it up, but any info you can share would be great.

Oh and is there a way to speed up the camera on a storm?

Thanks!
    02-20-09 04:38 PM
    on the camera thing, really if your using .75 it takes a few to use, but with a leaked O/S it could speed up the camera, or you can wait for an official update which we dont know when the release will be.
    02-20-09 04:44 PM
    I would update the storm to the .103 OS since is a fairly good improvement over .75. I have been running it since it leaked and haven't had one problem with it. I suggest removing any of the default apps that you won't be using. A few of the apps that I recommend you to install are QuickPull, Poynt, Weatherbug (don't delete bb maps if you are going to use this) and Google Maps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 09:39 PM
    Sorry to dispute ArmaK, but if you are new to this, then i would wait on an official update.

Programs you want to download. Get Google Maps (free), Poynt (free), Slacker (free), AP News app (free), and YouTube app (free).
    Two apps that i have and can't live without are StormLock, which is 2.99, i think, but well worth it. My face is always pushing the speakerphone button and StormLock locks the screen so this won't happen. There are free alternatives to this that i haven't checked out, i just like StormLock because it looks like it's integrated into the operating system.
    The other one is QuickLaunch, which was 4.99. This one is unnecessary, but I love it. You can find these on the OTA app thread.
    Good luck buddy, hope you like your CrackBerry!
    02-20-09 10:44 PM
    Ooh, that was my 100th post. I'm a CrackBerry Abuser, now.
    02-20-09 10:45 PM
    First get a decent case. I have a BB leather case I got fron Verizon store. The you should:
    Get familiar with the device
    Arrange, move and hide icons
    Delete things you don't want
    Set up your settings to your liking - font stlye and sizes alerts address books speed dials conveinance keys etc.
    Read about themes and OS updates
    Read, get and set up Quicklaunch
    Read about Youmail and Vymail
    Change phone from global setting to 1xev if your not out of country
    read the forums on OS, apps---send me amessage for further or any screen shots
    Start slowly
    take a look at Viigo and Weatherbug
    02-21-09 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD