Ok, First post everyone, Howdy!

But I will have my storm tomorrow when I get home sometime. I'm hoping to upgrade to .141 within a few days of having it. Then do the fix for the screen lock, and blah blah. I've searched for the topic, but got both yes and no answers, and I don't really want to brick my Storm within a week of having it lol.

So, My question is, do I need to upgrade from .75, to .132, then to .141? Or Can i just go strait to .141? Like I've said, I've seen answers say yes, you need to, and then no, you don't need to. I just want to be safe..
    05-16-09 12:50 PM
    IMO- play with your storm for a few day then go the updated OS path.
    05-16-09 12:53 PM
    Yeah i was going to. Get use to it and all that fun stuff before I start messing with it.
    05-16-09 01:07 PM
    When you are ready, you can go directly to 141
    05-16-09 01:08 PM
    In case you're worried about bricking a BB, with all the tools we have available today such as CrackUtil, JL_Cmdr, Loader, etc, it's almost impossible to ultimately have an un-fixable BB. I hope that puts your mind at ease a little bit, and with that said, congrats on your new Storm!
    05-16-09 01:12 PM
    Thanks for the info, I'll look into those programs as well.

To be able to get the storm, I pretty much went through ****. I have had 5 dares this year, all for valid reasons, not just my phone shut off randomly, its broke thing lol. I have friends at Verizon, and told me I was able to get a multi-fru replacement months ago. But Verizon reps kept messing with me. I had it set up, for 29.99, using the multi-fru, and lost the call. SO I called back up. The next two reps told me I could just transfer to the Z9, or get a bran new dare, which was out of the question due to going through 5 in 5 months. And I already got told I could go to the Storm. So the Next rep i try, tells me the same thing. But then tells me he would be glad to sell me a Storm outright. Told him no, he can suck it. The next rep I got to finally worked with me, He was going to give it to me for free, but the manager wanted $100, And I talked them down to $75, being upgraded to next day air. Never got next day air, came in the mail friday after I left for the weekend. I'm 4 hours away, listening to my little bro call me to tell me how cool the storm is..

I'm going crazy over here lol.
    05-16-09 02:01 PM
    Thanks for the info, I'll look into those programs as well.

To be able to get the storm, I pretty much went through ****. I have had 5 dares this year, all for valid reasons, not just my phone shut off randomly, its broke thing lol. I have friends at Verizon, and told me I was able to get a multi-fru replacement months ago. But Verizon reps kept messing with me. I had it set up, for 29.99, using the multi-fru, and lost the call. SO I called back up. The next two reps told me I could just transfer to the Z9, or get a bran new dare, which was out of the question due to going through 5 in 5 months. And I already got told I could go to the Storm. So the Next rep i try, tells me the same thing. But then tells me he would be glad to sell me a Storm outright. Told him no, he can suck it. The next rep I got to finally worked with me, He was going to give it to me for free, but the manager wanted $100, And I talked them down to $75, being upgraded to next day air. Never got next day air, came in the mail friday after I left for the weekend. I'm 4 hours away, listening to my little bro call me to tell me how cool the storm is..

I'm going crazy over here lol.
    I'd go crazy too. I can't stand the fact knowing that someone else has my phone and I won't ever know what happened to it, let alone a brand new phone you haven't even used yet. Sucks... When will you be getting it?
    05-16-09 02:03 PM
    Sunday afternoon at the earliest. I almost drove the four hours back to pick it up since 90% of my time up here IS in the hotel.

What sucks even more is my parents are playing neo-nazi's, and remodeling the house. And are waiting for me to get home to start the demo on the kitchen.. So I'll be tearing **** apart waiting to play with my glorious storm. The rest of the week will be nothing but me playing the storm though.
    05-16-09 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD