Just got my Storm yesterday. Primary use is to connect to work Exchange server for email. Works fine.

Added my Windows Live Hotmail account using Email Setup and a new Inbox was successfully created on the home screen and it actually does receive my Hotmail messages.

My problem is that the Hotmail messages are being received in BOTH the Exchange inbox (Messages) and the HotMail inbox on my Storm.

Is there a way to keep them separate? I'd really rather not have the Hotmail messages in with my work email messages.

In both Messages and Hotmail inboxes, I selected Options/General Options/SMS and Email inboxes/Separate but that apparently doesn't do what I thought it would.

Can this be accomplished?

Thanks in advance.
    02-05-09 10:47 AM
    You should have a "messages" folder, a folder for each of your email accounts and one for txt/vmail. If you hide the "messages" folder, you will be left with individual folder for each account and txts...Make sense? I set up mine the same way...are you on a BES? or BIS?
    Last edited by mhind52; 02-05-09 at 01:53 PM.
    02-05-09 01:50 PM
    You should have a "messages" folder, a folder for each of your email accounts and one for txt/vmail. If you hide the "messages" folder, you will be left with individual folder for each account and txts...Make sense? I set up mine the same way...are you on a BES? or BIS?
    Thanks. I have the Messages folder which I now understand includes ALL email messages. I also have a folder labeled with my Hotmail account, but I do not see any other folder for my Exchange email only.

Our company is still using a Blackberry Server that is pre-BES, but I do not recall the name. I do not use Desktop redirector. In the next couple of months they re upgrading our Exchange infrastructure (currently on 5.5) globally and implementing BES. Could that be why I don't seem to have a folder for just Exchange messages?
    02-05-09 02:49 PM
    any sugeestions for this issue??
    02-25-09 11:23 PM
    Thanks. I have the Messages folder which I now understand includes ALL email messages. I also have a folder labeled with my Hotmail account, but I do not see any other folder for my Exchange email only.

Our company is still using a Blackberry Server that is pre-BES, but I do not recall the name. I do not use Desktop redirector. In the next couple of months they re upgrading our Exchange infrastructure (currently on 5.5) globally and implementing BES. Could that be why I don't seem to have a folder for just Exchange messages?
    I work with alot of SMBs who have BES, and in fact my company uses BES with SBS 2003 with exchange installed, and Everything works smoothly. My best guess would be that it may very well have to do with the BB server your coompany is still using, moreso than the exchange server... Alternatively have you tried setting up your work email using BIS??? if you go to you service provider's Blackbery BIS site, you can manually configure your exchange account through BIS. easiest way I found is to use OWA address if you have that available...

PM me if you need additional instruction, I am more than happy to help ya out...
    02-25-09 11:32 PM
    you can also IM me on yahoo mesenger djzachtyler1
    02-25-09 11:33 PM
    djzachtyler1,

thanks for the quick response, cheers!

My setup is very similar to the first post.

I have:

- 2 email account setup with my storm
    - 1 work exchange email on BES
    - 1 personal business email with hotmail on BIS

Everytime i recieve email on my BB via my :

- work exchange, the emails are delivered to my work inbox ok

- but if i recieve an email via my hotmail on my BB i will recieve it in my htomail inbox on my BB OK but i also recieve a copy in my work inbox on my BB.

I am thinking that the "messages" folder on my BB is a source for ALL my emails, can i create another folder and redirect ONLY my work mails there?
    02-25-09 11:53 PM
    Pkumar,

I was thinking about both of these situations, and it dawned on me that when I initially set up my email and exchange (I too use i exchange and one personal) I was getting duplicate messages as a result of a setting in the DM. You may want to check the DM email settings as somewhere in there there is a redirect from desktop checkbox...

Also you should already have 2 separate Icons for your email inboxes aside from the "messages" folder. usually upon activation of a new email account in BIS you will receive an activation confirmation message which will show up in your new folder for the newly activated email account.

If iot is not something in the DM, you may want to log into your service provider's BIS login page and check your settings there.

Personally though it sounds to me like you are having messages being re-directed from the DM, which is very annoying and not something you would even realize there was a setting for unless you poked around.

I will try to locate exactly where I found the setting and update this either later tonight or first thing tomorrow...
    02-26-09 01:38 AM
    djzachtyler1,

thanks for your response. You have been most helpful. I just got back from wqork and looked at your reply, i will try it out when i get back just have to duck out for a bit.

I will keep you posted on how i go.

Cheers,

Pkumar
    02-26-09 04:22 AM
    02-26-09 08:02 AM
    djzachtyler1,

Still no good man. I have searched and tried to find any settings that relate to re-direction but no luck.

I will play around with it more and see if i can come up with a solution.

Will keep you posted. Appreciate all your help and advice.

Cheers,

pkumar
    02-26-09 08:04 AM
    alan8385,

Nice little app there....looks promising

pkumar
    02-26-09 08:07 AM
    Glad to see this thread getting some action...

I installed the trial version of the BES Work Folder app and it seems to do the trick. Minor niggles that it doesn't seem to show unread message count and requires two presses of the return key to exit.

If there is no systematic way of making the Exchange messages show separately, then I will purchase this application.

Thank!
    Last edited by MidnightBlue; 02-26-09 at 03:07 PM.
    02-26-09 01:02 PM
    BES will only deliver email to the messages folder and all BIS email accounts also go to the messages folder. I have learned to live with this and now actually prefer it...

This is the way that Blackberry has set it up.

To seperate them you will have to use the Empower Work Folders software...
    02-26-09 01:21 PM
    I will try the Empower Work Folders app out later and post feedback.

But i am also going to figure out or try to figure out a way around this issue without a 3rd party app. I am determined now lol.

Cheers guys,

pkumar
    02-26-09 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD