i was editing a document today in microsoft word on my storm (version .99) and came accross a new way to move throughout a sentence or word..
    when u rest your finger on the screen to hover through the message, it is magnified and is much easier to scroll through; almost like the iphone! try it out youll notice what i mean instantly..
    hopefully this makes its way to sms and email on the storm its really a great feature!
    02-01-09 11:19 PM
    I'm running .99, and my storm doesn't have that feature.
    02-01-09 11:21 PM
    They're getting fancy are they!?

I'm going to check this out right now.

Yep, I don't see that either. What's the deal ?

Oh wow, it really is there. You have to activate "Edit Mode"

Press the BlackBerry Button then choose "Edit Mode" You'll see it. Very cool!

I want them to add this feature to SMS, E-mail, BlackBerry Messenger, memopad, you name it.
    Last edited by Optimusv2; 02-01-09 at 11:30 PM.
    02-01-09 11:21 PM
    doesnt work for me..and im on 99
    02-01-09 11:22 PM
    make sure you are in edit mode in the program
    Last edited by dougj13; 02-01-09 at 11:27 PM.
    02-01-09 11:23 PM
    does this only work on word documents? You made it seem like this works everywhere on the phone like when sending SMS or email?

edit: just re-read your post, and see its not on sms and email yet. agreed, hopefully they implement on sms and email too
    02-01-09 11:25 PM
    The zoom when editing has always been a feature in the storm editions of documents to go. No matter what OS you have installed, you will see this happen. This app is made by dataviz and not RIM. But the zoom feature is shown to be possible through this app and may show up once the OS is where RIM considers it stable enough.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 11:48 PM
    The zoom when editing has always been a feature in the storm editions of documents to go. No matter what OS you have installed, you will see this happen. This app is made by dataviz and not RIM. But the zoom feature is shown to be possible through this app and may show up once the OS is where RIM considers it stable enough.

thanks for clearing that up.. i just noticed it however and can't wait till it makes its way to other aspects of the phone
    02-02-09 04:26 PM
    RIM doesn't develop DocumentsToGo, they just distribute it with their phones. So you might be waiting a loooooong time.
    02-02-09 04:34 PM
    actually, this works on email. Set your "hover" setting to a lower number to see the cursor turn to a hollow cursor, which you can then move easily by sliding your finger left or right across the words.
    02-02-09 05:08 PM
    actually, this works on email. Set your "hover" setting to a lower number to see the cursor turn to a hollow cursor, which you can then move easily by sliding your finger left or right across the words.
    This also works for SMS....SUCH an easier way to edit a mistake further back in a sentence rather than randomly clicking close to what you think is the right spot. Just hold your finger on the sentence and the cursor will turn into a box which you can drag to the perfect spot.
    02-02-09 05:47 PM
    No. The scrolling through text in SMS and email is different than what the OP talked about in docs to go. Docs to go magnifies the text around the cursor. I think they both work fine. I don't see RIM changing the way they do it.

02-02-09 07:36 PM
    Where is this "hover setting" to which you refer?

I know how to use the open cursor, but I've never seen any settings related to it.
    02-02-09 07:38 PM
    hover setting can be found in the Screen/Keyboard section of the Options menu.

and no, the sms and email does not magnify the text like the docs to go does as ODDJOB stated as well
    02-02-09 09:30 PM
    tag..thanks
    02-02-09 09:48 PM
    This also works for SMS....SUCH an easier way to edit a mistake further back in a sentence rather than randomly clicking close to what you think is the right spot. Just hold your finger on the sentence and the cursor will turn into a box which you can drag to the perfect spot.
    Yes it is...very interesting. Only problem is that I cant see the change happen under my fat thumb
    02-02-09 10:27 PM
    Yes it is...very interesting. Only problem is that I cant see the change happen under my fat thumb
    I thought that too, but I've just realised that you don't need to put your thumb over the text in the message to show the hover box - try hovering your thum a bit below the text in a white space and the hover box will appear above your thumb and not under it! Alternatively hover over the text, and when the hover box appears, move your thumb directly down a bit, then move it left and right (and up and down) and you'll see the box moving about in the text

Hope this helps (I've had my Storm about 3 weeks and only just found this out lol)
    02-03-09 06:31 AM
    this should make it into

./f135/ultimate-official-tips-tricks-only-100612/

great stuff!
    02-03-09 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD