Been trying to figure this out and Im a little stumped. Does anyone know how to change the ringtone for when you get new voice mail SMS messages? Mine isn't the same as my regular sms ringtone for some reason.
    05-15-09 10:51 PM
    Been trying to figure this out and Im a little stumped. Does anyone know how to change the ringtone for when you get new voice mail SMS messages? Mine isn't the same as my regular sms ringtone for some reason.
    I don't know why your Voicemail ringtone isn't the same as your SMS ringtone. The only thing that I can think of is that you have Visual Voicemail or another 3rd party app that has a different sound. If this is the case, the ringtone should be listed under the other section for Ring Tones/Alerts of the Sound Profiles.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 01:08 AM
    Hmm. I dont have visual voicemail or any apps like that. Now that I think of it, it only started doing it once I changed made my first contact-ringtone. It plays the same SMS ringtone as the one I set for my girlfriend, and not my regular SMS tone.
    05-16-09 08:26 PM
    Hmm. I dont have visual voicemail or any apps like that. Now that I think of it, it only started doing it once I changed made my first contact-ringtone. It plays the same SMS ringtone as the one I set for my girlfriend, and not my regular SMS tone.
    First try a battery pull and see if that fixes it. If that doesn't work, delete the custom contact ringtone setting. Your default sms tone should work again. If that works, try to add the custom tone setting by clicking the Sounds icon on the home screen> Set contact alerts. Then add the contact alert from here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 10:27 PM
    what i did to get around this issue was programmed my phone number and named it voice mail and set a "message" tone for it so now i have a specific voice mail tone that i can change
    05-19-09 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD