Going by the OS 6 video it looked like we were getting a new keyboard layout.

Then these new images of the Bold 9800 pop up with the same old stuff..

Guess not?

Sorta was hoping for a revamped keyboard, of course i'll still stick with surepress but maybe a prettier looking virtual keyboard would have been nice.
    05-23-10 09:26 PM
    Yeah, I was miffed by those photos, too. C'mon OS6, please be every bit as much as advertised in that video.
    05-23-10 09:42 PM
    Yeah, that confused me as well. That is pretty much (if not exactly) the same keyboard as now. Meh...hoping we'll see more soon...
    05-23-10 10:09 PM
    Could be different for surepress?????? I know super long shot! But idk.

Come on guys don't get your hopes down yet we still have over a month to go before Q3 hits
    05-24-10 03:50 AM
    How does it matter? Do you spend more time staring at the keyboard, or actually using it? Most of the time, I can barely see the keyboard with my thumbs over it.
    05-24-10 03:59 AM
    Most of the Videos for new phones are an unfinished OS or simply a mock up... I don't think we'll know untill something actually releases with OS6.
    05-24-10 07:38 AM
    Most of the Videos for new phones are an unfinished OS or simply a mock up... I don't think we'll know untill something actually releases with OS6.
    What he said ^^^ It's like those fast-food commercials. The food looks great in the video/commercial but when you order it it's nothing like it. I hope OS6 is good but I'm not expecting it to be exactly like that "marketing" video.
    05-24-10 08:11 AM
    the pictures posted also have a very early version of OS6. Maybe it gets changed in a later build? who really knows. Just have to wait and see.
    05-24-10 08:18 AM
    the pictures posted also have a very early version of OS6. Maybe it gets changed in a later build? who really knows. Just have to wait and see.
    I remember seeing a video of a 9530 with a very early 4.7 build and the keyboard was way different than what the phone released with and with what we have now. So yeah, certainly possible.
    05-24-10 12:25 PM
    I just looked at the video and saw no difference in the keyboard what so ever except for the color.. could someone point me in the right direction?
    05-24-10 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD