There were definately a lot of cuts in the video. I'd like to see them type a non WAP address and see how long it loads up. Looking good so far though, can't wait!
    the "dude with a storm" video shows the most switching between portrait and landscape. It looks pretty fast.
    10-20-08 12:16 PM
    I think that's a GREAT point. Remember all the Doom-n-Gloomers when that browser vid came out not too long ago?

That is as slick as the iPhone's browser if not better.

Which was my point exactly. And just think Strat, this isn't even the final OS build.

Edit: OS is up to .51 btw.
    10-20-08 12:18 PM
    Which was my point exactly. And just think Strat, this isn't even the final OS build.

Edit: OS is up to .51 btw.
    Is it possible to suddenly burst into flames from anticipation?

Hey CX... is there anything you can share on the delay Kevin posted or is that under wraps?
    10-20-08 12:32 PM
    I'm just glad that we finally have a vid confirming that it can be used as a phone!
    10-20-08 12:35 PM
    I'm just glad that we finally have a vid confirming that it can be used as a phone!
    ROFL!!! That was a concern
    10-20-08 12:43 PM
    Wow. That's all I have to say. Wow.
    That browser is some smooth stuff... it's just as good as iPhone's and it's not even the final version! This is REALLY good news.

And, those transition times between landscape and portrait. FAST! I personally like the instant switch instead of a tacky animation that would probably add even more to the lag.

When he types the 00 in 1800 he types them in RAPID succession, and they both register. This really quells the worries of the physical speed limitations of the click-through technology.
    Last edited by EraserXIV; 10-20-08 at 12:50 PM.
    10-20-08 12:47 PM
    I wonder if all those iPhone people are kicking themselves for rushing out to get the latest one when they could have waited for a superior model, wi-fi or not. I personally could care less about wi-fi. I only use it when it pops onto the screen, should I need to use my browser at the time. I think the lack of wi-fi is easily made up for with the replaceable battery, which will NOT cost $100+ to change out!! I'm so freaking excited about this phone, that if it WERE possible, I too might burst into flames!
    10-20-08 12:59 PM
    they need to release it soon!!!
    I'm almost tempted to get a G1 on wednesday! :{
    but then again...its Tmobile
    10-20-08 01:12 PM
    Seeing how fast typing can be just made my day. I still want to see somebody type portrait view with 2 thumbs instead of one and type em FAST or at least the same rate as landscape video. Regardless, I so can't wait to get my hands on it! Great job RIM!
    10-20-08 01:46 PM
    These are the most impressive videos to date. It looks like it's really coming together now. I think it's a pretty slappy statement to compare the Storm's browser to the iPhone's at this point, especially since it only showed simple web site renderings. If anyone has spent any time with the simulator Storm browser you will see it has difficulty rendering more complicated sites, in particular ones with javascript. If they just continue to polish up the browser though and fix any technical issues with handling javascript, it should be a serviceable and an overall pleasant experience.

The response time not only in the browser but as a whole, including messaging, was something to be impressed with.

Ok, can we have one now?!
    10-20-08 01:51 PM
    Wow Im impressed after watching the vids.

My thoughts:

1. My worry about typing one letter or number right after another in rapid succession were about 90% squashed. It looked as if they were able to type one right after another very fast. I wonder just how much faster you will be able to type if you are a rapid texter, but it looks plenty fast which is good.

2. The browser looked solid. The scrolling in the browser looks very accurate and looks like it keeps up with your finger so thats good. And even if the browser might not be the best, there are other browsers out there and Im sure especially with the new app store and the push for apps there will be many choices such as opera, skyfire, etc...

3. The click sound while typing sounds perfect and sounds and appears like you are typing on a real keyboard. I was worried that it would have a rather loud and annoying click like a mouse but it didnt appear too loud so thats good.

4. The build quality looks to be pretty solid. BB's are known for being stout and the Storm looks like it will be. I like a little bit of a heavier phone.

Overall Im just really impressed. I think I will be more impressed once I actually use it, but as far as you can judge from looking at videos, it appears it will meet expectations.

Crucial, do you know by chance if RIM has any aces up thier sleeves? This hasnt been asked before I dont think, about if there are any secrets or surprises for the Storm. When Apple did release info about the iPhone they had some functionality that they didnt release info about until right at launch. It appears that weve seen all that the Storm has to offer between the simulator and vids, but Im wondering if there is anything else we dont know. Also one thing I havent seen anything on, can you customize the homescreen?
    10-20-08 01:54 PM
    Crucial, do you know by chance if RIM has any aces up thier sleeves? This hasnt been asked before I dont think, about if there are any secrets or surprises for the Storm. When Apple did release info about the iPhone they had some functionality that they didnt release info about until right at launch. It appears that weve seen all that the Storm has to offer between the simulator and vids, but Im wondering if there is anything else we dont know. Also one thing I havent seen anything on, can you customize the homescreen?
    My name's not Crucial, but possibly VCAST Mobile TV in the future. We've read severak references to this possibility in VZW/RIM internal documents, and a couple of websites that reviewed the phone also mentioned it.
    10-20-08 02:10 PM
    I'm pretty impressed by those videos. Looking forward to having one in my hands!
    10-20-08 04:01 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD