Hey guys,

I just noticed that my WHERE app prompted me to upgrade to version 1.0.9.4 today (up from 1.0.9.3).

The first thing I checked was the accuracy of the Yellow Pages (YP.com) search, since per the original thread on WHERE, the 1st version they admitted the YP search had issues where businesses nearby weren't coming up.

But the searches I did today (for nearby business that didn't show up in the last version of WHERE) did work now, so this program is now much more usable. News and Movies still aren't ready yet, but gas prices, yelp, etc are good to have. Hopefully this app will keep improving...
    03-13-09 10:22 AM
    This has been out for a little while now. Definitely a good update. App works better, now all we need are movies and news to be activated and we are in business.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 11:08 AM
    This WHERE app. was working great on my 9530 with .109. I upgraded to .114 and this WHERE app. doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Anyone else having the same problem with .114?
    03-13-09 11:18 AM
    This WHERE app. was working great on my 9530 with .109. I upgraded to .114 and this WHERE app. doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Anyone else having the same problem with .114?
    I went to .114 as well but I didn't give it a chance to try anything much. Was having too many problems. Maybe you can get a better answer in the Beta OS discussion Thread.

03-13-09 11:23 AM
    I went to .114 as well but I didn't give it a chance to try anything much. Was having too many problems. Maybe you can get a better answer in the Beta OS discussion Thread.

Yep, does not work with 114!!
    03-13-09 02:41 PM
    I read in a forum that uninstalling and reinstalling "Where" and "Google Maps" helped resolve the problem for some people but that didnt work for me. Maybe you guys can give it a try and post your results on here.
    03-13-09 04:14 PM
    I read in a forum that uninstalling and reinstalling "Where" and "Google Maps" helped resolve the problem for some people but that didnt work for me. Maybe you guys can give it a try and post your results on here.
    This is correct. If you remove where and then reinstall it, it does work with hybrid .113/.114 not sure about .114. It picked up my GPS immediately.

03-13-09 04:30 PM
    Yep, does not work with 114!!
    Yes it does... reinstall it
    03-13-09 04:32 PM
    Does the newest version drain your battery as much??
    03-13-09 04:41 PM
    Could someone post a link to WHERE please?
    03-13-09 05:38 PM
    Problem with Where is that it only uses BB Maps. No chance for GMAPS.
    03-13-09 05:40 PM
    Problem solved....!!!

Someone had mentioned on another post that 3rd party themes would also affect the "Where" application during installation. Even though I didn't have a third party theme running on my storm, I remembered that I had one saved in a directory on my Aerize SD card. Once I deleted the theme directory from Aerize, I was able to load "WHERE" and "Google Maps" without a problem.

Thanks again.

Problem with Where is that it only uses BB Maps. No chance for GMAPS.
    I think I remember "Where" being able to run on GMAPS and BB Maps on previous version. I guess GMAPS was removed from "Where" for legal reasons.
    Last edited by titot4u; 03-13-09 at 06:13 PM.
    03-13-09 06:11 PM
    ....I think I remember "Where" being able to run on GMAPS and BB Maps on previous version. I guess GMAPS was removed from "Where" for legal reasons.
    But that is not an excuse to use an inferior map. I might be wrong, but I believe Google Map is under the GNU license.

In my humble opinion, the mapping software is getting to be very competitive now. Using an inferior map is not going to get you anywhere.
    03-13-09 06:26 PM
    In another post, I mentioned that I emailed Where and they replied that they will NOT use GMAPS. Do a search. I posted it in 2 posts.
    03-13-09 07:01 PM
    So no one has a download link?
    03-13-09 10:33 PM
    just go to where.com from your phones browser
    03-13-09 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD