I just got a message when I launched my GoogleMaps that a new version (4.2.0...not the previous 4.0.2) is out. Has anybody tried it yet?
    07-02-10 10:44 AM
    I think this update has been out for a little while now. I like it. There are some UI tweaks and they added in the ability to star items that sync up with their website.
    07-02-10 10:50 AM
    I downloaded 4.2.0 about a week ago. I just checked the application version in my options to make sure. Not sure why you're just now getting an email though. In any case, it works flawlessly with .713.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-10 10:51 AM
    I've had 4.2.0 for WEEKS. where u been?

4.2.0 came out on 6/2/2010
    Last edited by dave1812; 07-02-10 at 11:50 AM.
    07-02-10 11:45 AM
    Oh well. I guess I haven't started up Gm in a couple of weeks. I'm surprised that I didn't find a thread anywhere about the updated version. Guess that means it works well.
    07-02-10 12:16 PM
    Oh well. I guess I haven't started up Gm in a couple of weeks. I'm surprised that I didn't find a thread anywhere about the updated version. Guess that means it works well.
    here is my thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/an...-2-0-a-477938/
    07-02-10 12:18 PM
    I would have posted but it was in another section of the forum already. CB suggested against it.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-02-10 02:31 PM
    I'm sure that its not going to happen anytime soon of it even ever does... But everytime they have an upgraded version I hold my breath for the turn by turn navigation. I hope that when the os and the next few models come out that rim improves the bb maps.

07-03-10 07:19 AM
    I'm sure that its not going to happen anytime soon of it even ever does... But everytime they have an upgraded version I hold my breath for the turn by turn navigation. I hope that when the os and the next few models come out that rim improves the bb maps.

You know what bugs me about Verizon is that they haven't PUBLICLY THANKED, nor PROMOTED RIM for taking the strain off of their data network by using data compression on the RIM servers.
    iPhones and droids suck the life out of data networks and Verizon is all too happy to promote Droids and steer people away from BB phones. I've had repeated personal experience with Verizon salespeople trying to keep me from buying a BB phone. RIM should send in "secret buyers" to document the attitude of Verizon salespeople and then have a heart to heart with Verizon's management.
    07-03-10 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD