I got my storm earlier today and I'm loving it so far (first blackberry..upgraded from the LG Venus).
    Anyhow, I've downloaded a few apps such as google maps but I can't find out how to open it?
    I'm sorry if this is a repeat message I looked for another thread that answered it but I couldn't find it...I might just be the only person who can't figure it out haha but any help would be greatly appreciated!
    01-30-09 06:20 PM
    wow...I was pretty dumb I just figured it out haha...anyways if anyone has any pointers/tips that you'd like to share for a first time blackberry owner please share! thank you!
    01-30-09 06:22 PM
    Take a look at this subforum, including the stickies at the top:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/
    01-30-09 06:30 PM
    It should be in your Downloads folder.
    01-30-09 06:41 PM
    Read up on how to perform proper battery pulls and obsess over dust getting under the screen.

Oh yeah, an OS fix "is coming", so everything you're going to hate about the phone is going to be fixed soon...
    01-30-09 07:59 PM
    wow...I was pretty dumb I just figured it out haha...anyways if anyone has any pointers/tips that you'd like to share for a first time blackberry owner please share! thank you!
    I think the first thing you should do is brace yourself for the backlash. Lots of jealous people out there

After all, you've got the "it" device at the moment:

Reviled by Reviewers, BlackBerry's Storm Rages On | Gadget Lab from Wired.com
    01-30-09 10:38 PM
    I too upgraded to a storm from a lg venus and haven't looked back.
    01-31-09 05:27 AM
    Read up on how to perform proper battery pulls and obsess over dust getting under the screen.

Oh yeah, an OS fix "is coming", so everything you're going to hate about the phone is going to be fixed soon...

are you jelous that the battery cant be pulled out of the iphone? Really dude, get a life and go to a iphone forum and stop talking **** on the storm. The iphone will never be better than the storm for the simple fact that it is on second tier att service. SUCKA!
    01-31-09 05:30 AM
    hi does anybody know how to turn the fone off full im a new bb user had my storm for few days now and when i turn i off seems to be in sleep sort of mode not fully turned of then when i turn it on in morning it has low battery
    01-31-09 05:36 AM
    Push and hold the red phone button for a couple of seconds.
    01-31-09 07:39 AM
    Welcome to the zoo. Er, uh I mean family.

Read this site regularly, esp 3rd party apps and such. You'll get the hang of it, and won't be long before you understand why this is referred to as CRACKberry nation.
    01-31-09 07:47 AM
    are you jelous that the battery cant be pulled out of the iphone? Really dude, get a life and go to a iphone forum and stop talking **** on the storm. The iphone will never be better than the storm for the simple fact that it is on second tier att service. SUCKA!
    If you look through his old posts, it's clear that he's not an iPhone fan. He's made multiple disparaging comments about the iPhone.

He's definitely not an AT&T fan. In fact, he's owned a Storm and made multiple compliments on the device. Ultimately, he had to return the Storm for a Curve and I think that's the source of a lot of this frustration.

Courtesy of (Reviled by Reviewers, BlackBerry's Storm Rages On | Gadget Lab from Wired.com), "The Storm has been the subject of a tremendous ad campaign by Verizon," says Avi Greengart, an analyst with research firm Current Analysis. "So if you are a user at Verizon it is one of the most exciting devices to have."

Wouldn't you be a little bitter and jealous too if you owned this exciting device and had to return it for an older Curve? I feel a great swell of pity for people like these. No need to get all riled up and angry
    01-31-09 08:40 AM
    My only advice would be to not pay too much attention to the naysayers here. You can find some really good advice. I have had no issues with my Storm and I hope it works out the same way for you too.
    01-31-09 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD