All,

I want to upgrade my verizon OS to a new version, hopefully to alleivate some of the apparent problems. I would really appreciate both these questions to be answers:

1) I have read "how to upgrade" and it seems quite easy. The question is, once I upgrade the firmware, will I have to reprogram it to Verizon, add new contacts, and everything? or does it really only provide a patch almost?

2) What is a solid, proven Verizon OS out there that most people trust? (above the really old version from verizon themselves)

Please help me out if you can!
    03-29-09 09:15 AM
    All,

I want to upgrade my verizon OS to a new version, hopefully to alleivate some of the apparent problems. I would really appreciate both these questions to be answers:

1) I have read "how to upgrade" and it seems quite easy. The question is, once I upgrade the firmware, will I have to reprogram it to Verizon, add new contacts, and everything? or does it really only provide a patch almost? The upgrade should be seamless and you shouldn't have to do anything.

2) What is a solid, proven Verizon OS out there that most people trust? (above the really old version from verizon themselves) Personally I only use the one my carrier offers.

See my answers in red
    03-29-09 09:19 AM
    All,

1) I have read "how to upgrade" and it seems quite easy. The question is, once I upgrade the firmware, will I have to reprogram it to Verizon, add new contacts, and everything? or does it really only provide a patch almost?

2) What is a solid, proven Verizon OS out there that most people trust? (above the really old version from verizon themselves)

1) It just overwrites any conflicting software files to give you the newest features. Unless you were to do a wipe, it will not delete your contacts and program stuff. Make sure you backup everything though 'just-in-case'.

2) Experiences are different for everybody but I would say try .114 first because its the newest and for the most part works great. Also remember ... these are not "verizon" os's. They are leaked versions (not official) from RIM but are made for the 9530 which runs on Verizon's network.
    03-29-09 09:20 AM
    All,

1) Whenever working with a computer of any type ie Storm always back-up your information first. So in the case of upgrading your O/S back-up, load the new O/S then restore the information.

2) Just a point of clarification, there are no "Verizon" O/S's per say, I think you are trying to say an official o/s approved by Verizon, in that sense you only have one choice since launch date, (.75) is the only approved Verizon O/S, so far the rest are leaks with most saying .113 is the best. I can't vouch because I am still on .114 ,(yes, .114 is a higher number, but .113 has a higher platform), and have not loaded it. Do a search someone on CB has a link to all the O/S's in one thread and you can try them all out.
    Last edited by 2Krunk; 03-29-09 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Spelling
    03-29-09 09:32 AM
    Guys, I just downloaded 1.13 and I cant seem to install it

I tried following the directions in this post http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/

but it isnt working. I dont see the option to upgrade anywhere on DM. What am I doing wrong? It just says there are no updates
    03-29-09 11:23 AM
    did you unzip file????
    03-29-09 11:32 AM
    I installed it. I see it in my Programs menu in vista.

I open up DM, click application loader, then I tried clicking Update Programs and also tried clicking the update link on the bottom right. When I get in that menu it just says "No new updates available"

What am I missing?
    03-29-09 11:34 AM
    Make sure to disconnect your pc from the internet. No disrespect but this is a very simple process . If you are having problems with this maybe you should wait for an offical release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 12:41 PM
    Make sure to disconnect your pc from the internet. No disrespect but this is a very simple process . If you are having problems with this maybe you should wait for an offical release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree. It is simple, but simply following the directions did not work for me. I had to do a bit of research and figured out the problem was the automatic updates feature was installed in DM which the post neglected to mention needs to be turned off.

I followed the following post http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/wh...l-file-120048/ and got it work. Thanks for all the explainations
    03-29-09 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD