I'm currently in college for Network Security so my class contains a lot of nerds like myself. When I first got the storm I showed everyone of course and they all bashed it for being slow etc the usual responses. Now that I'm running .83 I let them play with it again and they all took back their comments and actually said they wouldn't mind having one for themself. We also did a browser test;

Iphone 3g: full bars
    HTC Touch Pro: All but 1 bar
    My Storm: All but 1 bar

We loaded up a few different heavy content sites and the storm blew them both away. The HTC was about the same as the Iphone, but the storm was no less then 5 seconds faster for each website.

The phone still isn't perfect by any means but for only being out 3 weeks and already 2 updates (only 1 official) they phone is so much better
    12-19-08 04:32 PM
    ^

i have yet to get .83 loaded up but i will admit that when i got the storm with .65 i wasnt very comfortable showing it off... especially to people who think the way you buy it is the way its gonna be the whole time you own it (aka most dumbphone owners...or dumb owners of smartphones)

.75 was a huge step of confidence and i hope that .83 will only further solidify this phone.
    12-19-08 04:36 PM
    yeah, haha, I agree. nothing was worse then showing my friends the phone with .65 and explaining how it goes from portrait to landscape, and then it froze on landscape. I was like "I swear it usually takes just a second!"
    12-19-08 04:38 PM
    ^

i have yet to get .83 loaded up but i will admit that when i got the storm with .65 i wasnt very comfortable showing it off... especially to people who think the way you buy it is the way its gonna be the whole time you own it (aka most dumbphone owners...or dumb owners of smartphones)

.75 was a huge step of confidence and i hope that .83 will only further solidify this phone.
    Ohh yeah make the switch you wont regret it. You will have no problem showing off the phone after that.
    12-19-08 04:45 PM
    im glad .83 worked out for you cuz for me it slowed my phone down significantly, and it freezes so much more. i guess i'll wait for the official release to come out
    12-19-08 05:01 PM
    im glad .83 worked out for you cuz for me it slowed my phone down significantly, and it freezes so much more. i guess i'll wait for the official release to come out

Even after a battery pull or two?
    12-19-08 05:07 PM
    Oh man, now I really can't wait to get home and upgrade my phone!!
    12-19-08 05:15 PM
    Everyone seems to forget that the mePhone was FAR from perfect when it first came out, and it STILL lacks basic functions such as MMS, and video recording. The Storm is no different, but in less then a month's time it has improved greatly, and as we progress it's only going to continue to improve. Don't let the naysayers get to you. This phone can hold it's ground against anything out there.
    Last edited by Spotmark; 12-19-08 at 05:40 PM.
    12-19-08 05:27 PM

Somethings are faster, but overall it has been slower for me as well.
    I will try a few more things than if it doesn't improve I'm going back to .75
    12-19-08 05:29 PM
    Can anyone confirm a camera improvement!
    12-19-08 05:30 PM
    Can anyone confirm a camera improvement!

I can. The camera is much faster, and video has no hangups or wrong format messages.
    12-19-08 05:34 PM
    I can. The camera is much faster, and video has no hangups or wrong format messages.
    Thanks I'll have to give it a try
    12-19-08 05:36 PM
    my accelerometer is slower now with .83 also it crashed when i tried to run marbletrap and it froze on restart at the verizon screen. I had to battery pull it. going to revert back.
    12-19-08 06:36 PM
    ^ actually after the battery pull it seems to be running better than before. The camera is 100% better and the accelerometer has sped up again. weird
    12-19-08 06:42 PM
    The messed up video cost me. I didn't know there was a problem and tried some recording at my daughter's sixth birthday party.

Ooops.
    12-19-08 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD