Just installed the new TwitterBerry beta (.9)

Overall seems very promising.... but is clearly a beta.

Maybe it is the theme I'm using, but there is no apparent indication that I have a tweet selected (for then selecting "view timeline" etc)... it doesn't seem to highlight or change color or anything like that. Also, I can't seem to click on links contained within tweets. I can click on @so-and-so, but can't click on http://tinyurl/whatever

I'll stick with it, tho.... hopefully a new full version release will come along soon with some of these issues addressed.
    03-21-09 07:13 PM
    Oh, here's the link, by the way: TwitterBerry for BlackBerry
    03-21-09 07:19 PM
    I'm running it just fine =D
    03-21-09 08:04 PM
    Just installed the new TwitterBerry beta (.9)

Overall seems very promising.... but is clearly a beta.

Maybe it is the theme I'm using, but there is no apparent indication that I have a tweet selected (for then selecting "view timeline" etc)... it doesn't seem to highlight or change color or anything like that. Also, I can't seem to click on links contained within tweets. I can click on @so-and-so, but can't click on http://tinyurl/whatever

I'll stick with it, tho.... hopefully a new full version release will come along soon with some of these issues addressed.
    I�m experiencing the same issues.
    03-21-09 08:29 PM
    I'm running .8 and not having any issues you mentioned. Maybe try the old delete-and-reinstall trick?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 09:01 PM
    I'm running .8 and not having any issues you mentioned. Maybe try the old delete-and-reinstall trick?

I didn't have any of those problems in .8 either
    I'm only having them in the new beta version...they changed a bunch of stuff, added features... and these problems are part of it.
    03-21-09 09:19 PM

Actually, after delete and reinstall 0.9, clicking on @Stuff n #Stuff works much better.Still tweets dont highlight and I'm unable to Follow/Unfollow people from the device.
    03-21-09 09:29 PM
    Err, does it actually even run well on the storm, .8 didn't at all.
    03-21-09 09:31 PM
    Bigger problem I've found is that sending pics to twitpic isn't working. Worked fine for me on .8, now it reboots the phone when I try to send one...and I'm not the only one (more discussion going on here: http://crackberry.com/twitterberry-0-9a-beta-released ). gonna try to delete and reinstall just for kicks.
    03-21-09 09:35 PM
    Err, does it actually even run well on the storm, .8 didn't at all.
    I didn't have any problems with .8 ... and the problems listed above are the only problems I've had with .9b

core functionality worked just fine, tho.
    03-21-09 09:36 PM
    I left a comment on the post about this. Go there to see what I said about this crapfest.
    03-21-09 10:08 PM
    It's a beta... always a risk involved.
    03-21-09 10:44 PM
    I'm back to .8 after several battery pulls. .9 kept freezing my storm; tried deleting and uninstalling. No dice.

I did get it to ALMOST work once. But then it froze again.

I am on .109; that may be part of my problem. Oh well.
    03-22-09 01:05 AM
    I did for 5 mins. It sucks. Preferred 0.8 so went back to it. Was too bulky visually, plus I missed the Get Replies feature.

By the way I have a special on with new followers: Buy 1 get 1 free
    03-22-09 01:10 AM
    Bigger problem I've found is that sending pics to twitpic isn't working. Worked fine for me on .8, now it reboots the phone when I try to send one...and I'm not the only one (more discussion going on here: http://crackberry.com/twitterberry-0-9a-beta-released ). gonna try to delete and reinstall just for kicks.
    im having the same issue with my beta version. i just tried sending a picture twice to twitpic, and each time it rebooted my storm.
    03-22-09 02:55 AM
    im having the same issue with my beta version. i just tried sending a picture twice to twitpic, and each time it rebooted my storm.
    That happened to me too. Oh well, back to .8.
    03-22-09 02:58 AM
    Same here.

Luckily for me I don't use Twitpic generally so it's not a "app killer" for me. I think I've used it once since I got on Twitter.
    03-22-09 06:26 AM
    back to .8 for me, too... the non-functioning twitpic integration was the deal breaker.
    now you have our .9a feedback, twitterberry... let us know what was fixed in the next release and we'll try that one out, too.

also, while we are on the subject of twitpic, can you make the integration a little bit more complete? i.e. instead of what .8 does:
    posts the pic to twitpic, posts a tweet to twitter including your comment and the link to twitpic

can you make it instead:
    post the pic AND the comment to twitpic and allow twitpic to post both to twitter? then all my twitpics won't be sitting there with no explanation as to what they are...and if i go label them afterwards, it posts them to twitter again. I think I can turn that feature off, but the point is that it should all just happen at once. i'm pretty sure other apps do it that way.
    03-22-09 02:55 PM
    I've only been using new beta for an hour or so. Ditto all the above. Twit pic issues are a deal breaker.

Having the link not light up hasn't prevented direct messages etc. Just a nuisance

Going to .8.

03-23-09 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD