My ignorance?

Did you even bother reading this thread. All I was conveying that it would be nice to get a status update so that people don't think he just up and disapeared again.

LOL this isn't Facebook man! Why should he have to leave a status update everyday just to say I'm working on it? He got a lot of feedback which I'm sure is more than enough. He is probably busy fixing the bugs. Do you honestly come into this thread everyday to see if he posted something?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 09:53 AM
    No I do not.

But alot of people are starting to question if the app will get fixed, and seeing as how he disapeared for an extended period of time before people have begun to question whether it is happening again.

As someone that i think is the troll pointed out he was posting very frequently in the thread when stuff was working on this build, as soon as the update was released and more problems started showing up now he is gone for over a week. As I said earlier it doesnt take too long to tell people "hey I havent forgotten about you".

So many of you guys think I am attacking the guy which I am not, I'm just pointing out that in some situations communication is key and when you have a pretty good size customer base you should communicate with them.
    04-23-10 10:00 AM
    No I do not.

But alot of people are starting to question if the app will get fixed, and seeing as how he disapeared for an extended period of time before people have begun to question whether it is happening again.

As someone that i think is the troll pointed out he was posting very frequently in the thread when stuff was working on this build, as soon as the update was released and more problems started showing up now he is gone for over a week. As I said earlier it doesnt take too long to tell people "hey I havent forgotten about you".

So many of you guys think I am attacking the guy which I am not, I'm just pointing out that in some situations communication is key and when you have a pretty good size customer base you should communicate with them.

I understand where you're getting at but if you read his first post announcing the beta, he doesn't mention anything about keeping us updated on his progress. The whole point of this thread is to "hear" feedback on this latest version. Like I said the original storm slider works great so just sit back and relax until he is ready to release a new update. Its just an app, I could understand if it was an email application or something critical but its not.

04-23-10 10:15 AM
    Here is the other thread on this beta, at least I know I'm not the only one .

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ne...80/index3.html
    04-23-10 10:20 AM
    This thread is pure comedy!! I wish I had the time to sit around and cry over an app.. plot my next response.. and degrade another man's work (who in my opinion has gone above and beyond what other devs would do).

In fact, if I were him, I'd say %$$@ it and go back to making it the simple lock app it started as. ^%$# everyone who wanted this thing to be Level 5 security to keep ppl from reading their facebook acct... LOL. And ^%$# everyone who wanted every god-blessed notification on a lock screen.. lol .. smh. But, I'm not him.. and DMG wouldn't do that, he never has. So why he's getting bashed for not "reporting in" to you people is amazing to me.

Go live life.. Maybe, just maybe, you'll be less stressed and obsessed with whining about an app.
    04-23-10 10:35 AM
    This thread is pure comedy!! I wish I had the time to sit around and cry over an app.. plot my next response.. and degrade another man's work (who in my opinion has gone above and beyond what other devs would do).

In fact, if I were him, I'd say %$$@ it and go back to making it the simple lock app it started as. ^%$# everyone who wanted this thing to be Level 5 security to keep ppl from reading their facebook acct... LOL. And ^%$# everyone who wanted every god-blessed notification on a lock screen.. lol .. smh. But, I'm not him.. and DMG wouldn't do that, he never has. So why he's getting bashed for not "reporting in" to you people is amazing to me.

Go live life.. Maybe, just maybe, you'll be less stressed and obsessed with whining about an app.
    im with this guy
    04-23-10 10:39 AM
    im with this guy
    Ditto

04-23-10 10:44 AM
    Some people just dont get it.

I'm not whining about the damn app, nor am I outright bashing the guy, just wishing communication was a lil bit better since we dont even know if he's seen some of the latest issues people were talking about.

For now I'm done with this thread. Hopefully he gets all the fixes worked out and comes back better than ever.
    04-23-10 10:47 AM
    Some people just dont get it.

I'm not whining about the damn app, nor am I outright bashing the guy, just wishing communication was a lil bit better since we dont even know if he's seen some of the latest issues people were talking about.

For now I'm done with this thread. Hopefully he gets all the fixes worked out and comes back better than ever.
    You will be missed. :rollseyes

04-23-10 10:51 AM
    I'm not going anywhere, just trying to make sure it stays civil, no need for dumba$$ comments.

See ya on the flipside.
    04-23-10 10:57 AM
    look the other SS thread got shut down several times because people were doing nothing but calling out DMG and trolling the thread. So unless you have a legit problem that you can document that needs to be fixed just stay out of the thread. Calling the developer a "dirtbag" really makes him want to help you out and makes more apps. He knows about most issues im sure and will get them worked out.
    hummmm
    DIRTBAG:

Dirtbag is a general term for an uncouth person who lacks class. A dirtbag is one who continually disregards others and humanity in general.

I'm saying though.. Am I wrong or am I'm right.. Seems this is the correct name for him
    04-23-10 12:21 PM
    Woooo weeee whine whine whine! If you go look in app world or crackberry superstore you will find for pretty much EVERY app someone is complaining. That's just life and a gamble you take when downloading an app! There is no perfect app there will always be bugs that need to be fixed with OS updates..

This is a BETA product... The developer is looking for feedback with what needs to be fixed, he doesn't need bimbo's bashing his app. Give your heads a shake.. I've been using the Storm Slider 5.1 for a few months now and I love it! I've had no problems with it at all. I think he has done a great job with his one. Haven't tried the beta yet, I'm just gonna be patient and wait for him to finish it.

Nobody is complained about pattern lock or ultimate lock are they? Exactly!
    04-23-10 12:22 PM
    I'm not going anywhere, just trying to make sure it stays civil, no need for dumba$$ comments.

See ya on the flipside.

Can I make a suggestion then? Why don't you just PM him then? Or contact him via customer support? You might get a quicker response to your questions..

04-23-10 12:40 PM
    Nobody is complained about pattern lock or ultimate lock are they? Exactly!
    Dude get a life!!!! You're the worst on this thread!

04-23-10 12:41 PM
    I just installed the beta over my existing version 5 and everything seems to work except for the SMS, BBM, email and Facebook notifications. none of them show up when they arrive?
    Any suggestions or perhaps its something I missed.

Thanks in advance.
    04-25-10 02:01 AM
    I just installed the beta over my existing version 5 and everything seems to work except for the SMS, BBM, email and Facebook notifications. none of them show up when they arrive?
    Any suggestions or perhaps its something I missed.

Thanks in advance.
    Only thing I can think of is to recheck your app permissions. I had to reset them when I first tried the beta.

Good Luck.
    04-25-10 02:18 AM
    Only thing I can think of is to recheck your app permissions. I had to reset them when I first tried the beta.

Good Luck.
    Firstly thanks for tke reply however I checked my permissions and they were all set to allow? I also have another re-occurring issue. When I pulled my phone out of its holster this morning Stormslider wasn't there, the home page was and when I checked what apps were running Stormslider was one of them running in the background and I have the option to allow popups set to no. In other words is Stormslider supposed to be a phone lock or just a pretty toy?

04-25-10 11:23 AM
    there are specific settings for locking on holster. check in to them
    04-25-10 12:05 PM
    This may be the problem. I'm not sure if I'm seeing all the settings. Perhaps installing the beta over the original has messed up the program. I did delete it and then installed it again but I only see one option for locking on holster and its either yes or no.

04-25-10 12:38 PM
    The problem is the settings don't work as listed. I've tested multiple times and I'm not the only one who mentioned this issue.

04-25-10 01:57 PM
    Mine has stopped responding when I hit the convenience key. Had to go back to using patternlock.

Hopefully he has something good cooking up for when he does return to the thread.
    04-25-10 02:00 PM
    I too have pattern lock and will revert back to I for now. In fact I'm not really sure why I care! Pattern lock does the same thing and it works flawlessly. Sometimes I wonder why I bother? I guess I just like the way Stormslider looks and works the problem lies in the fact that most of the time it doesn't work. Customer support and help from the developer seems lacking also even though I didn't pay much for the app.
    For what its worth my issues all started when the developer moved the options from the BlackBerry options to the app itself. must have something to do with the way it was tied to BlackBerry options that made it work better. That being the major difference between pattern lock and stormslider.

04-25-10 03:14 PM
    only thing i can think of is to recheck your app permissions. I had to reset them when i first tried the beta.

Good luck.
    ss has always been a beta app.....but charged as perfect. He is a su%$# developer that make s@## apps
    04-25-10 04:06 PM
    Mods please close this thread. The beta is over and there is nothing in here now but a bunch of whining azz douches. Its getting ridiculous.

04-25-10 05:47 PM
    The only person really contributing negatively now is the well known troll.

I think people are now back to relating their individual issues which is what the thread was intended for was it not?
    04-25-10 06:01 PM
319 ... 10111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD