Correction..Bug Slider
    Cousin broke up with you again huh?
    04-22-10 05:29 PM
    Someone to hold my hand? Come on you can't just be blindly defending the guy.

Based on what I've seen everytime he "fixes" or builds a new feature into his app 3 other ones stop working. And as pointed out in this thread that the things he was fixing are not new issues.

As I said I like the app, but half the time it doesnt work and when it does work half the stuff it supposed to do doesnt do anything.

Also I appears that people are still buying the original version, a responsible developer would pull all versions if possible until it is a solid build with minimal bugs let alone ones that render the app useless.
    Blindly? I gave reasoning to you but apparently you overlooked it. And if you haven't noticed that is one of the main problems against all BB apps, if you fix something something else has the possibility to break. Did you not see the whole Google Maps mishap? That is why people have been crying for a better dev kit. Btw, not every time he's changed something did something else break. I've been using this app since last summer. So if you are going to try to throw around BS reasons to hate on him, at least try it on people who don't know what they are talking about. Then you'd have a fighting chance.

As for the original version, it works fine on my phone. So let them buy it, it probably works for most of them. When he releases the new version, unless it is version 6.x the upgrade will be free for them so they lose nothing. Therefore your argument here is moot. Now if it is version 6.x, then we would all be charged one dollar, not a huge loss but I could see your argument being valid there and would agree with you. We just don't know what he's going to do though.

He should had thought about that before he made this beta
    Why? Is his sole purpose to wait on your every beck and call? I think not. You however should realize that like you, he has a real life outside of CrackBerry. He is NOT a full time developer. So you shouldn't expect him to act like one.

This beta served the purpose he was looking for. He found various bugs out that he wouldn't have found with he regular testers and he got input as to what features users wanted most. That is exactly what a beta is for, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't agree with his complaints or those of others but man... that's just wrong. lol
    04-22-10 05:41 PM
    Damn guys, he's a college student and right about now, we have a ton of papers and prep for finals. Its not always about you
    04-22-10 05:42 PM
    Lmao. Kolonji where u been bro?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-10 05:43 PM
    Look I'm not trying to flame the guy and I'm sure as **** not making excuses, but if you have people asking questions then as the developer it is his responsibility to keep customers informed. Like I said it takes 2 seconds to say "i'm still around, doing my best to fix everything" Even with college and finals and everything I dont think that is something completely out of the question.
    04-22-10 05:48 PM
    humper619 = BLACKBERRYGEEKER = cpugeek4u=BigDawgOfThemAll=awledbetter
    fixed for you

just one big troll that provide nothing useful to the BB community at all.
    Last edited by howarmat; 04-22-10 at 06:10 PM.
    04-22-10 05:52 PM
    Look I'm not trying to flame the guy and I'm sure as **** not making excuses, but if you have people asking questions then as the developer it is his responsibility to keep customers informed. Like I said it takes 2 seconds to say "i'm still around, doing my best to fix everything" Even with college and finals and everything I dont think that is something completely out of the question.
    Ok, I get your point, but I think you are missing my point. He is a part time developer. This is not his real job and he doesn't get a regular (steady) paycheck from it. On top of that he is a college student. Speaking for myself, this week has been ****. I've had a test Monday, a project due yesterday, a test today and a 20 minute presentation today. I assume that during this time frame every college student gets loaded with work.

With that said, since he is a part time theme developer with multiple apps, there is no reason for him to come here and keep you, or anyone else, updated. That would be like you wrecking your vehicle, taking it to a body shop, and expecting them to give you an update every day on their progress. Simply unrealistic.

Take the Google Maps problem I alluded to. When they broke their Storm version everyone started complaining, but Google, who has full time developers, didn't take one second to issue any comments on the problem, they just silently worked on it behind the scenes. They did ask people what the problem was in their own forums, and immediately afterward claimed they weren't having the same problem. Then they got bashed some more and stayed quiet.

If a billion dollar corporation doesn't give you daily or weekly updates, you shouldn't expect it from a college student/developer.
    04-22-10 06:00 PM
    fixed for you

just one big stupid troll that provide nothing useful to the BB community at all.
    I agree 100%.

To all you flamers here: If its so easy to fix all the bugs, then why don't you guys build your own perfect slider app.
    04-22-10 06:04 PM
    A billion dollar corp doesnt give a damn about anyone except stockholders. A part time developer that makes extra money on the buyers of this app and the upgrades that cost money is gonna care a lil bit more about keeping cusotmers happy so that are continual buyers and offer refferals to other people that may need something he offers.

If I were in the situation I would at least keep my bread and butter informed.
    04-22-10 06:08 PM
    A billion dollar corp doesnt give a damn about anyone except stockholders. A part time developer that makes extra money on the buyers of this app and the upgrades that cost money is gonna care a lil bit more about keeping cusotmers happy so that are continual buyers and offer refferals to other people that may need something he offers.

And yet, It's not his bread and butter. He's just busy with life .. bottom line. Cryin and moanin won't make his college load any lighter nor life and less busy.
    04-22-10 06:13 PM

I bold-ed the key word for you.

And yet, It's not his bread and butter. He's just busy with life .. bottom line. Cryin and moanin won't make his college load any lighter nor life and less busy.
    +1, man I'm glad that some of you guys realize what I'm trying to tell this dude lol
    04-22-10 06:18 PM
    Im not crying and moaning, Im being the devils advocate to the people that drank the koolaid. Im not outright flaming the guy and im not doing **** like geeker was. I am providing my opinion on what could be done from a customer relations standpoint.

It may not be his bread and butter but he has made a nice lil bit of change from developing this app and others, and there is an implied responsibility to those customers.
    04-22-10 06:18 PM
    look the other SS thread got shut down several times because people were doing nothing but calling out DMG and trolling the thread. So unless you have a legit problem that you can document that needs to be fixed just stay out of the thread. Calling the developer a "dirtbag" really makes him want to help you out and makes more apps. He knows about most issues im sure and will get them worked out.
    04-22-10 06:22 PM
    Well you already know that it was geeker or whoever that said that with the mutiple names.

I have been cautious not to call him names or to insult him directly.
    04-22-10 06:24 PM
    Im not crying and moaning, Im being the devils advocate to the people that drank the koolaid. Im not outright flaming the guy and im not doing **** like geeker was. I am providing my opinion on what could be done from a customer relations standpoint.

It may not be his bread and butter but he has made a nice lil bit of change from developing this app and others, and there is an implied responsibility to those customers.
    He is still doing the app, it's not like when life settles down he won't come back. That is the only thing he owes to his customers, to keep developing it and maintaining it.

People just need to calm down a bit and work on their patience. We aren't just trying to point you out and bash you, the fact is, you are being the most vocal right now so there is no way to make it not look like we are attacking you. So, sorry if it does come across that way.

I have been cautious not to call him names or to insult him directly.
    I, for one, appreciate that.
    04-22-10 06:31 PM
    Man screw this.. He had no problem reporting back every hour when he wanted us to beta test, but now that bugslider has more bugs then the Vietnam forest, he disappears again
    04-22-10 07:05 PM
    Someone deleted my post about hy I've been in this thread so much.

Don't moderate my post because the sites filter doesnt work.
    04-22-10 07:15 PM
    This thread stinks.

Let's get some facts out.

The StormSlider available for download from the app stores is solid and works well. This beta is a completely new StormSlider that DMG opened up for public beta testing and he gave it to us free of charge in the hopes that we would offer constructive feedback.

If you want a fully functional StormSlider and don't have any interest in offering constructive feedback and helping make this new version better than ever, then just download the version that we know works and leave the betas to people who don't mind dealing with bugs and reporting problems. It's as simple as that.

DMG didn't HAVE to release an open beta for everyone. he could have kept it limited to himself and his regular testers. If I were him I would never offer public betas again if this is the way people are going to be.
    04-22-10 07:55 PM
    If his other build is solid why did that thread blow up after the last update with people complaining?

I used the lite version and it went completely fubar after the last update as well.
    04-22-10 07:59 PM
    If his other build is solid why did that thread blow up after the last update with people complaining?

I used the lite version and it went completely fubar after the last update as well.

Woooo weeee whine whine whine! If you go look in app world or crackberry superstore you will find for pretty much EVERY app someone is complaining. That's just life and a gamble you take when downloading an app! There is no perfect app there will always be bugs that need to be fixed with OS updates..

This is a BETA product... The developer is looking for feedback with what needs to be fixed, he doesn't need bimbo's bashing his app. Give your heads a shake.. I've been using the Storm Slider 5.1 for a few months now and I love it! I've had no problems with it at all. I think he has done a great job with his one. Haven't tried the beta yet, I'm just gonna be patient and wait for him to finish it.

04-22-10 11:54 PM
    Wow, 1 post and this is where you choose to do it. Your Awesome.
    04-22-10 11:57 PM

I'm not aware of any real problems with the last release version other than a few random and isolated issues.

In any case, being helpful and offering support (rather than attacking the developer) will go a lot further with getting a new and solid SS released.
    04-23-10 12:45 AM
    Hey stupid get your facts right humper619 is one guy ask pkcable wr already sorted this out so stfu

Well you're right. One guy..........with 4 names.

04-23-10 05:18 AM
    Wow, 1 post and this is where you choose to do it. Your Awesome.
    Your ignorance was worth popping my forum cherry
    04-23-10 08:13 AM
    Your ignorance was worth popping my forum cherry
    My ignorance?

Did you even bother reading this thread. All I was conveying that it would be nice to get a status update so that people don't think he just up and disapeared again.
    04-23-10 09:22 AM
319 ... 910111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD