any eta on a new beta? mine only works for a little while now after a reboot then stops again...
    04-18-10 05:54 PM
    Its hard going without storm slider

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-10 06:29 PM
    Im starting to see a trend here.

Either dgm is working really hard on fixing this beta or he's outright disapeared again.

I hope its the prior.
    04-18-10 07:07 PM
    I tested this then downgraded. I tried all three major locking softwares:

Pattern Lock - Anyone in a 10 foot vicinity of you could tell what the password was.

Ultimate Lock - Hate making my storm look like other platforms

Storm Slider - Fav by far not as impersonating as Ultimate lock. Only complaint: Not as many features as pattern lock. Slightly Buggy.

Now for the reason I downgraded: The old storm slider retrieved wallpaper every time it went into the lock screen. So that means if you have a smart-wallpaper such as berryweather wall paper every time you entered and exited the lock it would be updated. The new storm slider and pattern lock cache the wallpaper and it never gets updated. Critical for me.
    04-18-10 09:38 PM
    I tested this then downgraded. I tried all three major locking softwares:

Pattern Lock - Anyone in a 10 foot vicinity of you could tell what the password was.

Ultimate Lock - Hate making my storm look like other platforms

Storm Slider - Fav by far not as impersonating as Ultimate lock. Only complaint: Not as many features as pattern lock. Slightly Buggy.

Now for the reason I downgraded: The old storm slider retrieved wallpaper every time it went into the lock screen. So that means if you have a smart-wallpaper such as berryweather wall paper every time you entered and exited the lock it would be updated. The new storm slider and pattern lock cache the wallpaper and it never gets updated. Critical for me.
    Just curious, how does one go about downgrading to an older version of SS? I love this app, but the new version doesn't work at all on my Storm.
    04-20-10 12:48 PM
    download from where you bought it, it will have the latest offical 5.x version before the beta
    04-20-10 01:05 PM
    download from where you bought it, it will have the latest offical 5.x version before the beta
    Ah, therein lies the problem. That prior 5.x version didn't even work on my Storm (even though at least with that version, I could see it "running" when I held down the BB button to see active apps).
    04-20-10 02:55 PM
    WOW

DMG disappeared again. I guess he finally figuered out his app is crap!.........

BugSlider
    should be the new name.. HAHAHAHAHA
    04-20-10 06:19 PM
    lol I told u this. App was garbage he always does this shows up for a week disappears for 3 weeks

04-20-10 07:05 PM
    Lol bugslider that's a good one

04-20-10 07:13 PM
    SO THIS DUDE IS officially MIA again
    04-22-10 03:13 PM
    Sad to say it would seem so.
    04-22-10 03:14 PM
    That Dirtbag
    04-22-10 03:17 PM
    Come on people, he's working on making the app work on 607. Give him a break. Its not that easy to create an app. If it was that easy you make one.
    remember he's a developer who make an awesome application. If you don't like it then leave. There are so many applications that don't work well with 607, all the devs are working on the fixes. Give it time.

04-22-10 03:56 PM
    humper619 = BLACKBERRYGEEKER = cpugeek4u
    04-22-10 04:05 PM
    Come on people, he's working on making the app work on 607. Give him a break. Its not that easy to create an app. If it was that easy you make one.
    remember he's a developer who make an awesome application. If you don't like it then leave. There are so many applications that don't work well with 607, all the devs are working on the fixes. Give it time.

If that was the case he would come on and let us know what he's up to....kind of like he did in the beginning of the thread. It's been a week since his last post and then nothing once it started coming out that when he fixed one thing 3 more were broken.

Now dont get me wrong the premise of the theme is awesome but it seems to be a case of trying to cram too many features into what should be a simple app.
    04-22-10 04:11 PM
    You guys do know he's a college student right? And being a college student he doesn't sit around all day try to please all you whiners. Plus this is end of April, that means he is probably preparing for finals.

Side note: I hope he figures out a way to ban humper and blackberrygeeker from being able to download his app.
    04-22-10 04:13 PM
    humper619 = BLACKBERRYGEEKER = cpugeek4u
    Ding Ding Ding.......lmao.Dude needs to find something to do with his life besides have 14 screen names on a website.
    04-22-10 04:16 PM
    You guys do know he's a college student right? And being a college student he doesn't sit around all day try to please all you whiners. Plus this is end of April, that means he is probably preparing for finals.

Side note: I hope he figures out a way to ban humper and blackberrygeeker from being able to download his app.
    Takes 2 seconds to type:

Hey guys I'm still working on it, want to get it right.

From what I've seen this isnt the first time he dissapeared after people started finding the bugs in his releases.

That shows a pattern.
    04-22-10 04:30 PM
    At one point people were talking crap. **** I would leave too, just to calm the board down. He came here looking for tester not all the harsh talking. He'll be back.

Its hard turning on my storm with no slider. The beta was cool with me, not perfect but it worked.

Last edited by stretch2k; 04-22-10 at 04:53 PM.
    04-22-10 04:44 PM
    I like storm slider. Then again, I like iPhone's as well. FLAME AWAY!
    04-22-10 04:59 PM
    Takes 2 seconds to type:

Hey guys I'm still working on it, want to get it right.

From what I've seen this isnt the first time he dissapeared after people started finding the bugs in his releases.

That shows a pattern.
    Do you REALLY need someone to hold your hand? You can't just wait? I know this is the digital age, but come on this is a bit ridiculous.

Btw the only times he's ever pulled a disappearing act before is when his real life got busy and he didn't have time for his apps or he completely re-wrote his apps. Also, I wouldn't be coming in here to put up with the likes of BLACKBERRYGEEKER (and others) if he was just mindlessly bashing my work and I highly doubt you would either.

At one point people were talking crap. **** I would leave too, just to calm the board down. He came here looking for tester not all the harsh talking. He'll be back.

Its hard turning on my storm with no slider. The beta was cool with me, not perfect but it worked.

I liked the beta too, the 5.5.1 version gave my phone no issues though so it must be specific options within the app that mess it up.

I see no problems with that, but just in case, you better get your flame suit on! You know they're coming...
    04-22-10 05:12 PM
    Do you REALLY need someone to hold your hand? You can't just wait? I know this is the digital age, but come on this is a bit ridiculous.
    Someone to hold my hand? Come on you can't just be blindly defending the guy.

Based on what I've seen everytime he "fixes" or builds a new feature into his app 3 other ones stop working. And as pointed out in this thread that the things he was fixing are not new issues.

As I said I like the app, but half the time it doesnt work and when it does work half the stuff it supposed to do doesnt do anything.

Also I appears that people are still buying the original version, a responsible developer would pull all versions if possible until it is a solid build with minimal bugs let alone ones that render the app useless.
    04-22-10 05:24 PM

He should had thought about that before he made this beta
    04-22-10 05:24 PM
    Correction..Bug Slider
    04-22-10 05:25 PM
319 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD