I've had SS on my S2 since the beginning it and it's been awesome until yesterday...all of a sudden, I got this message: "Uncaught exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError."
    I checked all over, tried all the suggested remedies but didn't work. So figure delete it and install this new beta. same problem and same result. Can anyone shed some light? or point me in the right direction? I really like this app and I want it back.
    04-12-10 07:45 PM
    got to be something else on your phone conflicting
    04-12-10 07:56 PM
    Its rockin the only thing I am not seeing is to have it switch when the phone is on its side such as in a docking station instead of always having the bar near the 4 bottom buttons.
    There is no landscape mode in the new Stormslider. That is why the bar is always near the 4 bottom buttons. DMG said he'd consider re-adding the landscape feature later as an option if I remember correctly.

This app has been around since early last year, so more likely tweaking the existing app to work with the current OS's.
    True but not entirely. This is not a tweaking of the existing app. This is a brand new app built from scratch, it just looks like the old one. Everything underneath is new. DMG said that earlier in the thread also if I remember correctly.

mine either
    My lock button still works...interesting. But, it doen't really matter as that will change in the future. Currently PatternLock is still able to override the lock button. DMG is trying to figure that one out. Or at least it's on his to-do list.

I have mine setup to not launch of charger and my lock button works. I'm running .607 as well so I'm not sure what's up here.

I'm am however have SS randomly activating but it seems to only happen in that situation once and never a second time.

edit: Forgot to mention Email/Message notification isn't working for me. I get SMS and BBM but no Email
    About the emails, last I heard, SS can only show notifications for emails that come in from the email that is listed as your default email. Go to Messages>Options>Email Settings to change that if you want. I'm only 90% sure that's the right location of the setting though...

+1, something must be conflicting.

And for those who have PatternLock. If you don't disable every locking feature it has it will fight with SS. I have found that out through personal testing. To save yourself time. Just back up PatternLock then delete it and if you ever want to go back, just re-download it and restore. That simple.

I don't know if other locking apps will fight with SS but I'm sure they will in some way.
    04-12-10 08:16 PM
    ^^ I checked my settings but I don't see where I can change what is shown. My email notification shows on my homescreen but not SS
    04-12-10 10:11 PM
    ^^ I checked my settings but I don't see where I can change what is shown. My email notification shows on my homescreen but not SS
    I just searched through all the options and think I may have found it. From the home screen go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services and the 2nd option should be "Messaging (CMIME): (your email here)." That may be the address you need to set for emails to show in StormSlider.

I'm not going to lie, its been a long while since I had to change these settings, so I'm still not 100% sure about this. Wish someone would chime in and help you out.

How many email addresses do you have? I have 3 email addresses linked to my Storm and each shows notifications on the home screen but only the default email shows notifications on StormSlider. I honestly can't tell you why it works this way, I just know it has been this way since I first started using the app.
    04-12-10 10:48 PM
    I just searched through all the options and think I may have found it. From the home screen go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services and the 2nd option should be "Messaging (CMIME): (your email here)." That may be the address you need to set for emails to show in StormSlider.

I'm not going to lie, its been a long while since I had to change these settings, so I'm still not 100% sure about this. Wish someone would chime in and help you out.

How many email addresses do you have? I have 3 email addresses linked to my Storm and each shows notifications on the home screen but only the default email shows notifications on StormSlider. I honestly can't tell you why it works this way, I just know it has been this way since I first started using the app.
    I only have one email account. I'll check the messaging setting though

edit: my default email was already set to that (since I guess I only have one configured)
    04-12-10 10:50 PM
    I only have one email account. I'll check the messaging setting though

edit: my default email was already set to that (since I guess I only have one configured)
    Interesting. Well, I guess DMG or one of his testers are going to have to help you. The last thing I have for you is to check the permissions of the app to make sure they are all set to allow. It's a long shot, but hey, never know right?

I wish you luck in solving this problem.
    04-12-10 11:37 PM
    Thanks for the help. You were 100% correct. It was the recent QL update I did. i deleted QL and reloaded SS. Works awesome! Then reloaded QL again and voila, all is back to normal! Thanks again man.
    04-13-10 01:33 AM
    DMG,

So far, I'm loving this! Can I ask one HUGE favor/request though? One thing that really turns me off of some applications is when they support wallpapers, but do not provide thumbnails of the images and rely on the user to actually know the name of the image in which they're looking for.

Is there any way possible that you could make the textual image selection list into a thumbnail list?

Pretty please??

With a cherry on top? haha
    +1
    pretty please, with a cherry on top.
    Other than that, You read my mind on all the changes. It's perfect~
    04-13-10 01:35 AM
    ok, so i installed stormslider 5.1 to check if all the bugs mentioned were true, and it turns out i was correct for 2 of the bugs and wrong on 1 of them....

the slide to unlock text does disappear as soon as the button slides.... so my bad there and apologies for the same

however, the bug with stormslider not activating after the specified minutes is true... it never had the 'activate on screen click' feature before, so i dont know where that came from... if im driving and i keep the fone on my dashboard after using it, i want it to lock after certain minutes by itself, rather than me having to click on the screen again after 5 min to lock it

the bug i mentioned abt the last position of the slide button appearing on left of text is also true, as it shud be to the right of text

lastly, the options is missing the 'show menu items' option

thx

EDIT: one crucial thing i forgot to mention..... stormslider 5.5x launches in almost an instant as compared to 5.1 which took a couple of seconds each time(felt like a lifetime!) to launch... so thats really fantastic!
    Last edited by silverarrows; 04-13-10 at 02:04 AM.
    04-13-10 01:51 AM
    ok, so i installed stormslider 5.1 to check if all the bugs mentioned were true, and it turns out i was correct for 2 of the bugs and wrong on 1 of them....

the slide to unlock text does disappear as soon as the button slides.... so my bad there and apologies for the same

however, the bug with stormslider not activating after the specified minutes is true... it never had the 'activate on screen click' feature before, so i dont know where that came from... if im driving and i keep the fone on my dashboard after using it, i want it to lock after certain minutes by itself, rather than me having to click on the screen again after 5 min to lock it

the bug i mentioned abt the last position of the slide button appearing on left of text is also true, as it shud be to the right of text

lastly, the options is missing the 'show menu items' option

thx
    this shouldnt matter in theory.

if you set if for 3 minutes and you screen goes dim. 2.5 minutes later, you click the screen or click any button on the front or side of the phone and the screen lights up SS should not be running.

if you set if for 3 minutes and you screen goes dim. 3.5 minutes later, you click the screen or click any button on the front or side of the phone and the screen lights up SS should be running. It doesnt matter if it starting to run when the screen lights up or turns it self on and is running for .5 minutes in the background. Having it start when the screen lights up saves battery. This is actually a good idea IMO
    04-13-10 02:06 AM
    I know it is still in beta but I would suggest the option to not show owner information. I did not see the option on this version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Just reading this threat from the beginning but YES please provide owner information, i am only interested in the slider because of that feature.
    04-13-10 05:18 AM
    dmglakewood

LISTEN UP..

QUIT MAKING CHANGES TO THE APP. LEAVE IT AS !!

I CAN SEE A MAJOR UPGRADE BUT THESE LITTLE CHANGES HERE AND THERE IS MAKING THE APP WORSE..

THE 1ST BETA WORKED FINE. EVERYTIME YOU MAKE CHANGES YOU SCREW IT UP!

SORRY CAPS, BUT I WANTED TO GET YOUR ATTENTION
    1st of all, WHO THE HE11 ARE YOU TO COME IN SHOUTING AT THE DEVELOPER, when was the last time you developed an app?

UNBELIEVABLE, if your gonna be that adamant and demanding about it, I would suggest you get off your "SHOUTING AND DEMANDING HORSE" and develop one yourself. DMG is doing the best he can and these things don't happen overnight, give the guy a break you demanding a$$

And considering it's HIS app that HE developed, he can DAMN well leave in or take out what he pleases.
    04-13-10 05:50 AM
    this shouldnt matter in theory.

if you set if for 3 minutes and you screen goes dim. 2.5 minutes later, you click the screen or click any button on the front or side of the phone and the screen lights up SS should not be running.

if you set if for 3 minutes and you screen goes dim. 3.5 minutes later, you click the screen or click any button on the front or side of the phone and the screen lights up SS should be running. It doesnt matter if it starting to run when the screen lights up or turns it self on and is running for .5 minutes in the background. Having it start when the screen lights up saves battery. This is actually a good idea IMO

simple response buddy.... why fix it if it ain't broke?
    04-13-10 06:14 AM
    So far this beta is great. I have been using SS on and off, but some times it just didnt work right. Most bugs had already been poster. So would current customers get this for free?
    04-13-10 11:29 AM
    simple response buddy.... why fix it if it ain't broke?
    he is trying to optimize it for battery life. Seems like there were people crying about bad battery so this is away to improve it. developers tweak code all the time for the same reason. its not fixing it, its optimizing it.
    04-13-10 12:02 PM
    Okay for those who don't know me I tend to release a lot of beta builds. If you're having an issue just post it here and I will fix it and release a new build with the changes. No need to fighting or comparing different builds etc etc. Just say "Hey DMG will you add some weather options?" or something like "My email notifications aren't showing up" and I will fix that. If you say version 5.1 did this and now it doesn't do this etc that doesn't really help me. I've made a few changes since 5.1 and it's for the better. Some things may act differently, but in the end it's for a better user experience and bettery performance / battery life.
    04-13-10 12:13 PM
    agreed.... when do we get the next beta?
    04-13-10 12:20 PM
    hopefully really soon just working on a few fixes right now
    04-13-10 12:20 PM
    Don't forget the "Option" D!!
    04-13-10 12:37 PM
    hey dmg.. can you bring back the BB logo next to the signal meter? I liked that, LOL.
    04-13-10 02:26 PM
    1. SS keeps turning off by itself and i have to do a bettry pull to make it work

2. Sometimes I lose my wall paper after I charge my phone. The huge battery meter stays on SS even though my phone is not charging
    04-13-10 03:28 PM
    Cool app never used the ones before this so took the opertunity to see what its like.

I like it, found a couple of bugs not major really though.

1) if you change the setting of "lock when dim" to off then lock using the button at the top the application does not load.

2) Been mentioned before don't expect users to know the name of the image for the wallpaper have thumbnails.

3) The text disappears as soon as you slide could it not stay there in the background until you've slide it fully to the other side?

Still its good for a beta
    04-13-10 05:35 PM
    is it jus me, but where is the stormslider in the option menu...
    04-13-10 06:53 PM
    its not there anymore... activate SS then hit your bb key.
    04-13-10 06:57 PM
319 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD