I was also having this problem. It's been a problem for a while with this app, it has to do with the way you have the options set up. I found that if I set the SS to launch during charging, the lock button WILL work. But if you set the SS not to launch during charging, then the lock button will NOT launch the SS. This is an options bug and needs to be addressed as it's been an issue with this app for quite a while.
    Does not work for me. Whatever he did on this release screwed up the lock

Yeah I'm having the same problem. The lock button locks the screen independently.

Also the wallpaper image when locked is skewered vertically.

But despite the bugs, its a nice app.

Make this themable. Why would I want an iPhone like screen to show up on my Storm?
    For the same reasons of wanting an iphone like lock on your storm?
    Last edited by The Gift; 04-12-10 at 07:02 AM.
    04-12-10 06:14 AM
    Hi.really like this! Showing no problems. One thing I'd like to ask I use smrtalerts and when the lock is on I don't get notification is this possible
    We're happy to bring you StormSlider 5.5.0. This is a public beta, meaning anyone with a storm 1 or storm 2 can download it free of charge. This is a 7 day beta version.

We would like you to try out the new version and let us know what you think. Let us know ways to improve it, fix it or if everything is running fine. We would like to know if it's draining your battery etc etc. Without your feedback we wont know what's going on.

The beta testers have all tried the new version and love it. We just have to make sure the customers are happy too before we release the update.

OTA Link

New / Updated Features:
    - Much improved battery life
    - Consumes less memory
    - Portrait Lock
    - BerryWeather Intergration
    - BBM, Email, SMS / MMS & Facebook Notifications
    - Backup / Restore / Default Options to SD card
    - Better options menu

Those are just a few features on the new version of SS. So please feel free to download the app and test it out for us =).
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 07:00 AM
    Hi.really like this! Showing no problems. One thing I'd like to ask I use smrtalerts and when the lock is on I don't get notification is this possible

Me too (not the smart alert bit) In 5.5.0 beta I would see notifications on the lock screen, now in 5.5.1 it doesnt display anymore

Or is it a new setting in the options?
    04-12-10 07:04 AM
    Has been working OK but have just noticed that although it is showing the correct time, it shows the date as Sunday 12th April ! a date sync problem I think

A quick pull solved this, Now showing correct date and time
    Last edited by Steve Burton; 04-12-10 at 09:22 AM.
    04-12-10 09:13 AM
    I'm having 2 issues, I'm not getting any indicators when messages come in and the lock button isn't working either with minutes after dim set to 0
    04-12-10 09:24 AM
    With this second Beta build, I'm having an issue when pulling from my holster, the wallpaper is showing in landscape, with a 1'' thick white bar on the right side, when I turn into portrait mode, after 2 sec. it eventually fixes itself, but having to pull out of my holster alot, it's starting to get to me. lol.

Also, even though I have "Start on Dim after 3 minutes" set, after it dims immediately about 60% of the time is launching itself, especially while I'm in BBM Groups.

Still having issues with the notification icons on the top right, only showing about 25% of the time; and when it does show, it says I have more notifcations that I actually have...
    04-12-10 09:34 AM
    quite a few new issues with this second build... can't exactly describe them cuz they happen a bit randomly, but here goes:

1. the clock is not the same as device time... as mentioned by several others as well

2. the slide to unlock text disappears on sliding the button.... a bug continued from the previous build.

3. stormslider activates randomly.... this is what i cant pinpoint, cuz it doesnt happen under the same circumstances twice.... very random.

4. stormslider also seems to activate during a call, despite this option being disabled as always, and all permissions set to allow.... however, it disappears after the call ends without being required to slide the button.

5. backup option doesn't save wallpaper path... everything else works except restoring the wallpaper

6. stormslider doesn't activate properly on minutes after dim... another bug continued from the previous build, where stormslider doesn't activate on the mentioned minutes after dim value until the screen has been clicked.

5. weather integration option.... i know dmg mentioned he hasnt added this, but just listing all the bugs in one place just so he knows.

now, a feature i'd like to see added is:

1. switch off backlight xx seconds after stormslider is activated.... right now, it uses the default screen timeout option from the OS.... in my case, this is 30, so i have to wait 30 seconds each time i activate stormslider for the backlight to go off.... ideally, i'd like this to be 5 sec in my case
    04-12-10 11:39 AM
    2. the slide to unlock text disappears on sliding the button.... a bug continued from the previous build.
    This is not a bug. It has been explained before in one of the other SS threads. iPhone Lock Function hides the text as soon as you begin to slide, so SS is made to do the same.
    04-12-10 12:15 PM
    Okay I think I need to explain a few things

A lot of you guys that are saying things are bugs are actually the way the app works. The app is never launched when the backlight is off. When you click the screen or turn your phone on the app is instantly launched. This saves battery life as the app isn't running when it doesn't need to be.

The lock button doesn't over ride the default lock on the phone. If you lock the phone using the lock button you will have to unlock it using the lock button too. When you do that SS will be there waiting for you.

The slide to unlock is supposed to disappear when you start to slide the slider. This is done to replicate the iPhone.
    04-12-10 12:16 PM
    My lock button doesnt seem to be activating it either right now
    04-12-10 01:13 PM
    Okay I think I need to explain a few things

A lot of you guys that are saying things are bugs are actually the way the app works. The app is never launched when the backlight is off. When you click the screen or turn your phone on the app is instantly launched. This saves battery life as the app isn't running when it doesn't need to be.
    i disagree with the above, cuz i'm certain, and 200% sure, that the app would activate after the minutes specified in ver 5.1.... infact, it would even activate if my device was locked using the standard lock, cuz my screen would light up to show stormslider has activated...

regarding the slide to unlock text, maybe i'm wrong there, and i'm not certain abt this, but i remember the text disappearing as the button moved over it.... also, in this version, once the button is slid and the app begins to unlock, the button is seen to the left of text as opposed to its right where the unlock begins.... i dont know how this part worked before, but just thought i'd let u know...
    04-12-10 01:21 PM
    The only weather app that i have is Weatherbug Elite. I do not wish to purchase berry weather or simple weather. This beta shows NO weather for me. Before, I was able to see the weather. I hope the official version isn't like this.

Also, where is the emergency call option, in the passcode keyboard?
    04-12-10 01:30 PM
    The only weather app that i have is Weatherbug Elite. I do not wish to purchase berry weather or simple weather. This beta shows NO weather for me. Before, I was able to see the weather. I hope the official version isn't like this.

Also, where is the emergency call option, in the passcode keyboard?
    the other version of SS had simple weather built into it. He took that out so the size would be smaller. I think he is going to allow for choices of weather app to use.
    04-12-10 01:52 PM
    lakewood, you need to listen to us, we all have the app installed on our phones. The options do not work as described.

As I said previously:
    I was also having this problem. It's been a problem for a while with this app, it has to do with the way you have the options set up. I found that if I set the SS to launch during charging, the lock button WILL work. But if you set the SS not to launch during charging, then the lock button will NOT launch the SS. This is an options bug and needs to be addressed as it's been an issue with this app for quite a while.
    The options DO NOT work as they are intended and this has been the issue with this app the whole time. You need to get the options working the way they're designed to before adding anything else. The lock button, when pressed, will NOT activate the SS unless you have the Charging option turned on (and I'm sure there may be other factors as well). It's not waiting anywhere, it's not working properly. Please heed this advice or you're going to continue getting people complaining.
    04-12-10 02:08 PM
    lakewood, you need to listen to us, we all have the app installed on our phones. The options do not work as described.

As I said previously:

The options DO NOT work as they are intended and this has been the issue with this app the whole time. You need to get the options working the way they're designed to before adding anything else. The lock button, when pressed, will NOT activate the SS unless you have the Charging option turned on (and I'm sure there may be other factors as well). It's not waiting anywhere, it's not working properly. Please heed this advice or you're going to continue getting people complaining.
    I don't think its abt complaining... Clearly its a beta in its early stages and bugs will be found... Its just a process that I hope will give us a much better stormslider app whilst retaining the good points of the prev version 5.1...

04-12-10 02:44 PM
    Been using this app today and really like it though I found it frustrating while using my hands free because when I wanted to make a call I have to unlock the phone and I have to make numerous calls while on the move. Maybe I'm missing a setting somewhere can I decide when to apply the lock?
    We're happy to bring you StormSlider 5.5.0. This is a public beta, meaning anyone with a storm 1 or storm 2 can download it free of charge. This is a 7 day beta version.

We would like you to try out the new version and let us know what you think. Let us know ways to improve it, fix it or if everything is running fine. We would like to know if it's draining your battery etc etc. Without your feedback we wont know what's going on.

The beta testers have all tried the new version and love it. We just have to make sure the customers are happy too before we release the update.

OTA Link

New / Updated Features:
    - Much improved battery life
    - Consumes less memory
    - Portrait Lock
    - BerryWeather Intergration
    - BBM, Email, SMS / MMS & Facebook Notifications
    - Backup / Restore / Default Options to SD card
    - Better options menu

Those are just a few features on the new version of SS. So please feel free to download the app and test it out for us =).
    04-12-10 02:48 PM
    Its rockin the only thing I am not seeing is to have it switch when the phone is on its side such as in a docking station instead of always having the bar near the 4 bottom buttons.
    04-12-10 02:51 PM
    I don't think its abt complaining... Clearly its a beta in its early stages and bugs will be found... Its just a process that I hope will give us a much better stormslider app whilst retaining the good points of the prev version 5.1...

This app has been around since early last year, so more likely tweaking the existing app to work with the current OS's.
    04-12-10 04:47 PM
    My lock button doesnt seem to be activating it either right now
    mine either
    04-12-10 04:50 PM
    I understand this is a beta, but these problems have been around for quite a while now. One of the reasons I stopped using SS a while back was because the options did not work properly and this is still evident now.

04-12-10 05:23 PM
    dmglakewood

LISTEN UP..

QUIT MAKING CHANGES TO THE APP. LEAVE IT AS !!

I CAN SEE A MAJOR UPGRADE BUT THESE LITTLE CHANGES HERE AND THERE IS MAKING THE APP WORSE..

THE 1ST BETA WORKED FINE. EVERYTIME YOU MAKE CHANGES YOU SCREW IT UP!

SORRY CAPS, BUT I WANTED TO GET YOUR ATTENTION
    04-12-10 05:33 PM

As I said previously:

I have mine setup to not launch of charger and my lock button works. I'm running .607 as well so I'm not sure what's up here.

I'm am however have SS randomly activating but it seems to only happen in that situation once and never a second time.

edit: Forgot to mention Email/Message notification isn't working for me. I get SMS and BBM but no Email
    Last edited by andino; 04-12-10 at 05:40 PM.
    04-12-10 05:33 PM
    Can I get a copy of the official version right before 5.1? That worked great for me and had the most features ... wallpaper both directions, WeatherBug weather, time & date, other things. This new 5.5.1 works and works extremely fast but with only half the features.
    04-12-10 06:14 PM
    dang people have some cheese with that winethe guy is doing the best he can give him a break don't like it don't use it simple don't you think
    04-12-10 06:17 PM
    Can I get a copy of the official version right before 5.1? That worked great for me and had the most features ... wallpaper both directions, WeatherBug weather, time & date, other things. This new 5.5.1 works and works extremely fast but with only half the features.
    go download it from where you bought it if you want that version
    04-12-10 07:12 PM
319 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD