ok, a mention of the bugs i've come across so far:

1. the animation exiting out of stormslider isnt the same.... previously the top and bottom parts would slide out of the screen, followed by the wallpaper zooming out.... now its just the entire app zooming out.

2. the battery charging icon doesnt update properly, even if i exit stormslider and lock again.... took a while before it updated to show the actual charge level.

3. i don't see any backup/restore options in the menu.... i've tried uninstalling, battery pull, reinstalling, and still no backup/restore...

4. slide to unlock text disappears the moment u start sliding the button.... again, i dont think this was the way it worked before.

5. can't disable berryweather integration.... i hate that icon on the top left, just seems out of place.

6. stormslider doesn't appear until clicking somewhere on screen, when timeout option in enabled.... so if timeout is 1 min, and after 5 min i click on the screen , stormslider will just suddenly appear like it was just activated and not before like it shud have been.
    Great finds, this is why I have the open beta for reasons like this. I will be fixing these issues and hopefully releasing a new version today.
    Tafasa did it with PatternLock. Only implying there are ways to workaround what RIM has changed in their API, not necessarily pointing out that your software is inferior to Tafasa's.
    Great! That means that there is a way to do it after all. I will have to go back to the drawing board for this one and hopefully figure out the workaround.
    04-10-10 09:08 AM
    looking forward to the new updated build dmg
    04-10-10 09:28 AM
    So far the next beta release has the following

- Owner Info Option
    - Weather Options
    - Launch on Lock Button Option
    - More notifications
    - Fixed the battery display issue

I think there are more fixes I just forgot some of them haha. Is there anything I'm missing for this next beta?
    04-10-10 09:51 AM
    Wallpaper bug

Wallpaper resetting after reboot.
    04-10-10 09:55 AM

- Owner Info Option
    - Weather Options
    - More notifications

I think there are more fixes I just forgot some of them haha. Is there anything I'm missing for this next beta?
    Yup. Don't forgot to have the option to use landscape/portrait instead of only portrait D! :0)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-10 10:06 AM
    I like it alot, my only complaint is that after i hit my power button and check the slide to unlock screen for any notifications id like to be able to hit the power button again so the screen turns off, instead of having to wait for the screen to dim and then turn off itself. Other than that im really digging it.
    Also noticed this. No way to lock screen again without sliding to unlock. Then locking again

However with the lock screen gone in this OS you can view the SS screen without unlocking.

04-10-10 10:34 AM
    Big bug found.

Slide to unlock but before entering password if you press the end/power red button it will unlock the phone without entering password

04-10-10 10:40 AM
    fix the exit animation plz.... the 5.0x animation was so slick.... this one is just normal meh...

backup/restore options too....

the slide to unlock text disappearing on slide of button...

stormslider timeout not working properly...

thx
    04-10-10 10:44 AM
    If you are watching a movie through the native movie player app and you press the top lock/power button, it will not activate SS.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized that is an option and I fixed it.

Last edited by Mr. Orange 645; 04-10-10 at 10:48 AM.
    04-10-10 10:46 AM
    Big bug found.

Slide to unlock but before entering password if you press the end/power red button it will unlock the phone without entering password

Same here on S2 .607
    Pressing the end key on password entry will close slider.
    04-10-10 10:53 AM

- Owner Info Option
    - Weather Options
    - More notifications

I posted this in th e storm app thread...just suggestions..

More times on wait for Dim ..maybe just add..10..15..min

Bring back the show SS in BB menu..most likely not needed if I can get the lock button functioning though.

The ability to add autotext or copy/paste in the enter text menu. I like to use some special characters..I think I remember reading it being removed due to security issues. Understood if not be possible.

Add more than 1 email service notification

more importantly though..as mentioned from a couple us prior the end key bug that closes SS on the password entry screen..
    04-10-10 10:56 AM
    Again, not a biggy, but the native phone and the other lock programs have the phone go to clock when charging.......... No such option (I don't have the option option??? See previous posts by myself and others) on SS.

Like I said, no biggy, but if you're going to fix the program anyway maybe you can get it working?

Loooking good so far tho..................

R...

- Owner Info Option
    - Weather Options
    - More notifications

04-10-10 11:53 AM
    Does the Alarm works with StormSlider enabled?
    04-10-10 12:34 PM
    Big bug found.

Nice bug...I will fix that asap.
    04-10-10 03:02 PM
    Again, not a biggy, but the native phone and the other lock programs have the phone go to clock when charging.......... No such option (I don't have the option option??? See previous posts by myself and others) on SS.

Like I said, no biggy, but if you're going to fix the program anyway maybe you can get it working?

Loooking good so far tho..................

R...
    There is an option to launch on charger. If this is set to no then it will close StormSlider when it's plugged in and will show the clock.
    04-10-10 03:03 PM
    Hey DMG, I'm just curious if you could add the option for a time out after XX number of attempts. Not necessary a wipe but just a cool down period for say 10 mins before you can slide and enter your code again.
    04-10-10 03:05 PM
    Another suggestion would be to have the meterberry battery icon on the other side just like berryweather.
    04-10-10 03:06 PM
    Hey DMG, I'm just curious if you could add the option for a time out after XX number of attempts. Not necessary a wipe but just a cool down period for say 10 mins before you can slide and enter your code again.
    I could add that in place. After 10 attempts I will display a picture of an ice cube and say "Cool Down Time" lol. Okay maybe not that last part but I will add that feature.

Another suggestion would be to have the meterberry battery icon on the other side just like berryweather.
    04-10-10 03:26 PM
    Awesome man.....

04-10-10 03:27 PM
    I could add that in place. After 10 attempts I will display a picture of an ice cube and say "Cool Down Time" lol. Okay maybe not that last part but I will add that feature.
    Haha totally down for a "Cool down time" ice cube!
    04-10-10 03:40 PM
    So Excited about this! I have both Berry Slider and Ultimate Unlock, and I like the Berry Slider more for it's functionality.. Can't wait to integrate my Alerts notifications on the Lock screen!

You should add an icon for Twitter for Blackberry alerts!
    04-10-10 04:10 PM
    The only thing that is not working for me is the time will not stay updated. All perm set to allow, 9550 .607
    Thanks.

04-10-10 04:20 PM
    Add the wrong display on SS besides that everything is cool

04-10-10 04:37 PM
    The only thing that is not working for me is the time will not stay updated. All perm set to allow, 9550 .607
    Thanks.

I have this issue as well, its showing almost 3 hours ahead of the actual time
    04-10-10 04:39 PM
    seems to be working fine on mine. granted i just installed it, but i'll give it a day.
    04-10-10 04:46 PM
319 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD