@%�]. Am I the only one that ever liked the landscape? Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 06:57 PM
    Landscape sucked all it did was create lag.

04-09-10 07:12 PM
    Hey DMG, thanks for letting us test this and give feedback!

Good:

The message notifucations finally work for me.

Though I miss my awesome landscape wallpaper, I do prefer having the app locked in portrait.

Like the way it works with the lock button now. At first I was upset that there was no lock option in the menu list anymore, but now it makes sense!

Operation is smooth!

Not so good:

It is no longer possible to override the music player "off" option. What I mean is that it used to be possible to set the app to not lock on the media player, but to lock when holstered. That way it wouldn't lock when I was playing music until I holstered it. I could also manually lock it in the media player if I wanted to via the menu list option. I can still lock the phone via the lock button, but it only uses the OEM lock. Anyway, could we get the option to manually override with SS if we want? Does this make sense? LOL!

That is all I have so far...

04-09-10 07:46 PM
    ok so I feel like an *****- how am I not able to get it to work with the lock button- I am running OS 517- is that the issue? I dont see that as an option any longer on the menu- I also dont see the back up restore on the menu. I changed all the permissions to allow and rebooted but still nothing. Some guidance would be very much appreciated
    04-09-10 08:14 PM
    I found a bug, a minor one. If you are watching a movie, and you hit the lock button, it does not activate SS. When you hit the lock button to wake it up, SS is not on the screen. Not sure if the other media apps affect it or not, but will do some checking.

And that's cool about the security wipe. I thought it might be possible since SmrtGuard can do it remotely, I though you could somehow incorporate it, but I get what you are saying. Like everyone else, I'm giving you suggestions for MY perfect app. Not everyone has the same idea of a perfect app, though.

Oh, and plus 1,000 for the thumbnail previews for the wallpaper options!
    04-09-10 08:27 PM
    Seriously what am i doing wrong- I hit the lock button and it does not activate ss
    04-09-10 08:43 PM
    OS 5.0 has a bug w/ the lock button...ss is not the only w/ this problem, the other lock apps also hv this issue (pl and ul)
    04-09-10 08:59 PM
    working perfect dmg keep up the good work....+1
    04-09-10 09:06 PM
    OS 5.0 has a bug w/ the lock button...ss is not the only w/ this problem, the other lock apps also hv this issue (pl and ul)
    ok but maybe I was reading wrong but I thought I read that it was working now with the new version

"If you use the lock button on top of the phone, the screen is completely unclickable instantly, and it automatically activates SS. So the app is now "unstoppable."

Am I just confused after a really long week
    04-09-10 09:10 PM
    ok but maybe I was reading wrong but I thought I read that it was working now with the new version

"If you use the lock button on top of the phone, the screen is completely unclickable instantly, and it automatically activates SS. So the app is now "unstoppable."

Am I just confused after a really long week
    probably LOL, jk, umm idk, but if u have "minute to dim" set to "0" it will instantly activate ss w/ the lock button

unless if im missing something LOL
    04-09-10 09:11 PM
    [QUOTE=ChuckH0308;4968157]Hey DMG, thanks for letting us test this and give feedback!

Good:

The message notifucations finally work for me.

Though I miss my awesome landscape wallpaper, I do prefer having the app locked in portrait.

Like the way it works with the lock button now. At first I was upset that there was no lock option in the menu list anymore, but now it makes sense!

Please tell me how you got this to work- clearly I am doing something wrong
    04-09-10 09:13 PM
    ok when I did a reboot to update slacker my wall paper that I chose did not reload with it.
    04-09-10 09:14 PM
    probably LOL, jk, umm idk, but if u have "minute to dim" set to "0" it will instantly activate ss w/ the lock button

ok your awesome thank you!!! didnt realize it had to be at zero- So now that you are my hero- one more question- How do you put the owner info in the lock screen- thought I knew where this was in the menu but guess not...
    04-09-10 09:17 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something too. I thought that with this version, the native lock button would engage SS, not lock the screen also????? I have to push the lock button twice....... 1st push locks the screen, 2nd push unlocks the screen and brings up the SS screen. Really to me this doesn't make any sense; would it not make more sense to have the native lock button start SS directly?

I heard of the supposed bug with OS 5 but some how PatternLock made it work the way I believe it should, immeadiatley engage the lock program with out locking the screen 1st.

Am I out in left field here or just missing an option of some sort?

R...

04-09-10 09:24 PM
    I would like to clear some things with the lock button....

When RIM released 5.0 they made a bunch of changes with the way the device locks. They way it worked before you would lock the app and the developer could catch that action and reverse it and do what they wanted to do. With 5.0 the OS locks instantly before the developer can have any say in the matter. Once the device is locked the apps seem to render useless. So when you press the lock button you will get the default lock on every 3rd party application.

StormSlider will indeed launch on Lock Button but if you press the lock button you will have to press the lock button again to unlock the phone and then slide to unlock. I know it used to be different but it seems like RIM is trying to increase their security by changing the way they do things.
    04-09-10 09:54 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something too. I thought that with this version, the native lock button would engage SS, not lock the screen also????? I have to push the lock button twice....... 1st push locks the screen, 2nd push unlocks the screen and brings up the SS screen. Really to me this doesn't make any sense; would it not make more sense to have the native lock button start SS directly?

I heard of the supposed bug with OS 5 but some how PatternLock made it work the way I believe it should, immeadiatley engage the lock program with out locking the screen 1st.

Am I out in left field here or just missing an option of some sort?

R...
    Why would you NOT want it to lock the screen? That was ppl's biggest complaint with some of the prior versions.
    04-09-10 09:58 PM
    thank you for clearing that up- setting it to zero on dim did the trick- I no longer see the back up option- does it just do this automatically? And I am still trying to get owners info on there when locked-
    04-09-10 10:01 PM
    thank you for clearing that up- setting it to zero on dim did the trick- I no longer see the back up option- does it just do this automatically? And I am still trying to get owners info on there when locked-
    Inside the options page there is a button that says Backup / Restore Options
    04-09-10 10:42 PM
    Inside the options page there is a button that says Backup / Restore Options
    Not in mine- I have a main options wallpaper options and get support- I checked main options over and over an its not in there from what I can see...
    Sorry to be a pain- I am not normally this needy
    04-09-10 10:51 PM
    Dmg, anyway to incorporate a check for updates option?
    04-09-10 10:52 PM
    hey found something that may be a bug idk but i restarded my phone after deleting a few apps i never used and it reverted back to the original SS wallpaper
    04-09-10 10:53 PM
    I don't have the Backup/Restore option either???????????? Also, whenever I reboot my phone, I revert back to the default wallpaper?? Ideas???

Thanks,
    R...

Not in mine- I have a main options wallpaper options and get support- I checked main options over and over an its not in there from what I can see...
    Sorry to be a pain- I am not normally this needy
    04-09-10 11:59 PM
    ok, a mention of the bugs i've come across so far:

1. the animation exiting out of stormslider isnt the same.... previously the top and bottom parts would slide out of the screen, followed by the wallpaper zooming out.... now its just the entire app zooming out.

2. the battery charging icon doesnt update properly, even if i exit stormslider and lock again.... took a while before it updated to show the actual charge level.

3. i don't see any backup/restore options in the menu.... i've tried uninstalling, battery pull, reinstalling, and still no backup/restore...

4. slide to unlock text disappears the moment u start sliding the button.... again, i dont think this was the way it worked before.

5. can't disable berryweather integration.... i hate that icon on the top left, just seems out of place.

6. stormslider doesn't appear until clicking somewhere on screen, when timeout option in enabled.... so if timeout is 1 min, and after 5 min i click on the screen , stormslider will just suddenly appear like it was just activated and not before like it shud have been.
    Last edited by silverarrows; 04-10-10 at 05:20 AM.
    04-10-10 02:06 AM
    I would like to clear some things with the lock button....

When RIM released 5.0 they made a bunch of changes with the way the device locks. They way it worked before you would lock the app and the developer could catch that action and reverse it and do what they wanted to do. With 5.0 the OS locks instantly before the developer can have any say in the matter. Once the device is locked the apps seem to render useless. So when you press the lock button you will get the default lock on every 3rd party application.

StormSlider will indeed launch on Lock Button but if you press the lock button you will have to press the lock button again to unlock the phone and then slide to unlock. I know it used to be different but it seems like RIM is trying to increase their security by changing the way they do things.
    Tafasa did it with PatternLock. Only implying there are ways to workaround what RIM has changed in their API, not necessarily pointing out that your software is inferior to Tafasa's.
    04-10-10 04:42 AM
    Ok good I am fine that its a glitch- I am sure it will get fixed- I am just glad that I am not loosing my mind- If it helps to know I am running OS 517
    04-10-10 08:24 AM
319 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD