beware guys this app blows its taken him over 6 months to fix this and still cant get it right save your moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    Dude that is not cool. The app does have a history of its issues but nobody asked you to buy it or post in this thread. It is being worked on. No app or os is perfect. Why don't you go up your troll post count with something useful BTW RAIDERS SUCK
    04-09-10 03:20 PM
    Dude that is not cool. The app does have a history of its issues but nobody asked you to buy it or post in this thread. It is being worked on. No app or os is perfect. Why don't you go up your troll post count with something useful BTW RAIDERS SUCK
    Do not feed the animals.................. They will leave if you just ignore them....
    04-09-10 03:22 PM
    beware guys this app blows its taken him over 6 months to fix this and still cant get it right save your moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    Okay, so I almost didn't respond to this. So, just saying it blows doesn't add anything to this thread, and it definitely isn't going to help the developer fix anything. You do realize that it very well may work perfectly on his and many other phones, right? I can say with some certainty that no software exists that doesn't have some sort of bug. I can't imagine that anyone writing BlackBerry apps is doing it for a living, meaning that great apps like this are produced during a person's free time. Realizing that, I'd say that the developer of StormSlider spends a decent amount of his free time working on this. Please, show some respect and contribute something useful or don't post.
    04-09-10 03:27 PM
    Last warning,

Let's clean it up folks.....

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    04-09-10 03:34 PM
    I have just a couple things thus far....

Portrait only lock - like it
    Options on the app - not a fan (Prefer they were where they were in the original release)
    Owner info - Would be nice if there was an option for this
    Weather integration - nice idea (would be nice for an option as well)
    Start on lock button - Thought this was one of the new features coming with it??? Maybe I was wrong.
    Back up / Restore - Love it

Overall a great app.. Well done DMG. I would personally prefer the options to be inside the Options screen and if there was a way for it to start on the lock button as well. Owner info option would be nice as well. Other than these I don't see any issues really. Will give it a go for a while and see how battery and memory are but I never had those issues in the past so I don't see it happening or anticipate them either... Keep up the good work..
    04-09-10 03:36 PM
    Okay only a few minor bugs so far that's good. I will fix these later . Humper its good to see you're still around bumping my threads and giving my apps more publicity. Thanks bro

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 03:38 PM
    I like it...with a few kinks this will be the best release of storm slider ever! Great Job!!!
    04-09-10 03:43 PM
    Okay only a few minor bugs so far that's good. I will fix these later . Humper its good to see you're still around bumping my threads and giving my apps more publicity. Thanks bro

yup negative publicity so when people read it and see the app has problems hopefully i can save them from wasting there money . but then again your reviews show the app aint great so i guess im wasting my time. have a good day
    04-09-10 03:44 PM
    D. Is there anyway to just have an option for portrait lock? I might be alone on this one but I like the landscape mode also. +1 on the option for wx too.

04-09-10 03:47 PM
    yup negative publicity so when people read it and see the app has problems hopefully i can save them from wasting there money . but then again your reviews show the app aint great so i guess im wasting my time. have a good day
    That's why it was the number 1 selling app on mobihand for like 6 straight months right? That's why I have so many loyal customers right? My apps suck so much that everyone wants them. Heck even you bought a copy so I guess something is working for me. You make me laugh =).

04-09-10 03:59 PM
    D. Is there anyway to just have an option for portrait lock? I might be alone on this one but I like the landscape mode also. +1 on the option for wx too.

Hmm I removed that because I thought everyone wanted the portrait only.

04-09-10 04:02 PM
    That's why it was the number 1 selling app on mobihand for like 6 straight months right? That's why I have so many loyal customers right? My apps suck so much that everyone wants them. Heck even you bought a copy so I guess something is working for me. You make me laugh =).

yup i will admit the app was nice in 4.0 but ever since 5.0 its been real bad so yes i feel scammed since 5.0 and yup i will admit it i bought it but i bought it under false advertisment
    04-09-10 04:05 PM
    Looks sweet. I haven't used this since the initial 5.0 release, but so far I've found 2 issues.

Using the lock button, if you unlock right after the screen goes black (within 2 seconds) every second time it just unlocks without enabling SS.

Seriously 2 secs.. WOW It takes 2 seconds for the app SS to initialize after you press the lock key. I mean come on, whos going to try and get into your phone with 2 seconds of you pressing the lock button..LOL

Does it really matter?
    04-09-10 04:06 PM
    I had to give up this app after the 5.0 update because I couldn't get it to work at all. Loaded the beta and still have nothing (still running OS .320). Set all permissions to allow but it didn't help. Any ideas?

Your the only person that cant get this to work? Come on. Try again
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 04-09-10 at 05:12 PM. Reason: ninja edit
    04-09-10 04:07 PM
    It's cool DMG. If I'm the only one I'll just stick with the version I have, no biggie!
    04-09-10 04:11 PM
    I have just a couple things thus far....

Portrait only lock - like it
    Options on the app - not a fan (Prefer they were where they were in the original release)
    Owner info - Would be nice if there was an option for this
    Weather integration - nice idea (would be nice for an option as well)
    Start on lock button - Thought this was one of the new features coming with it??? Maybe I was wrong.
    Back up / Restore - Love it

Overall a great app.. Well done DMG. I would personally prefer the options to be inside the Options screen and if there was a way for it to start on the lock button as well. Owner info option would be nice as well. Other than these I don't see any issues really. Will give it a go for a while and see how battery and memory are but I never had those issues in the past so I don't see it happening or anticipate them either... Keep up the good work..

This sums it up very well. I love the update, and it seems to be working very well. I love the portrait lock, and the BerryWeather integration is great. A few minor adjustments and the app will be perfect.

Outstanding app
    04-09-10 04:40 PM

Your the only person that cant get this to work? Come on. Try again

I've had every version of this program since it came out and paid for it on 3 different phones. A beta version is released asking for feedback, which I provided. How does that make me a troll?....and I have tried loading it multiple times.

04-09-10 04:45 PM

I've had every version of this program since it came out and paid for it on 3 different phones. A beta version is released asking for feedback, which I provided. How does that make me a troll?....and I have tried loading it multiple times.

Your words-->I had to give up this app after the 5.0 update because I couldn't get it to work at all. Loaded the beta and still have nothing (still running OS .320). Set all permissions to allow but it didn't help. Any ideas?

Meaning for all the release after the 5.0 update you never could get it to work. So your not giving feedback on this release. Your stating period u could never could get it to work
    04-09-10 04:50 PM
    I like it alot, my only complaint is that after i hit my power button and check the slide to unlock screen for any notifications id like to be able to hit the power button again so the screen turns off, instead of having to wait for the screen to dim and then turn off itself. Other than that im really digging it.
    04-09-10 04:53 PM
    DMG,

So far, I'm loving this! Can I ask one HUGE favor/request though? One thing that really turns me off of some applications is when they support wallpapers, but do not provide thumbnails of the images and rely on the user to actually know the name of the image in which they're looking for.

Is there any way possible that you could make the textual image selection list into a thumbnail list?

Pretty please??

With a cherry on top? haha
    04-09-10 05:03 PM
    DMG, is there any way to integrate the security wipe features of the native password app into the password function of SS? I know I can just use the native PW app and SS, but I like the UI of the SS PW functio. And would like these features wrapped up in one package.

I love this app and the password protection, but I also have a lot of law enforcement only numbers in my phone, so the peace of mind of knowing that if someone gets my phone, it will be wiped completely after ten unsuccessful PW tries. That's why this feature may be more important to me than some of the other users.

04-09-10 05:07 PM
    Okay thanks everyone for the feedback so far. I can't comment on everyone as that would take forever but I will try and touch on the major issues / requests.

Security Wipe: Simple answer is no, not really. No 3rd party application should be used to secure your phone. RIM's default lock is the only secure 100% way of locking your device from everyone. StormSlider will lock your device from like 99% of people, but every 3rd party app has a way around them. So if you have annoying friends or anything like that this lock will keep them out with no problem. If you have someone that really wants to get into your phone and understands how blackberry's OS works they could still get into it using any 3rd party app.

Portrait / Landscape: When I redid the application I programmed it from the ground up to only work with portrait. I might choose to add the landscape back into it but it's not as simple since it was programmed not to have it.

Weather: Right now berryweather is only supported. I will be releasing an update for SimpleWeather and that will then be supported too. I will make a weather option in the options list and it will have more features.

Move Options Back: I was going to move the options back to the Options Menu but then I would have to make all the options fit on one single page. Right now the options bring you to a list and you choose where to go from there. If I moved it back I wouldn't be able to have that list I would only have 1 page of like 100 options. I just thought it was much easier to do it the way it is now.

Owner Info: Noted and I will make it an option to turn on / off

Image Thumbnails: This is something I always forget about but I will look into adding it. I've never made a thumbnail popup before but it can't be too hard.

The Wallaper: Someone asked where I got the wallpaper from. Here is the link to the wallpaper Blue Abstract Burst Blackberry Storm Wallpaper | BlackBerry Storm Wallpaper
    04-09-10 06:02 PM
    Hope you put the option in for landscape/portrait D! Coming along nicely!

04-09-10 06:09 PM
    Awesome upgrades.

Works with the lock button on Verizon OS .607
    Portrait mode awesome
    Berryweather showing up awesome

suggestion:
    The password lock screen is really cool. What if there was on option to have the slide to unlock screen or the password screen to unlock.
    04-09-10 06:47 PM
    Just downloaded, so far so good.

It's nice and smooth.
    04-09-10 06:56 PM
319 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD