Just downloaded the beta version. My lock button does not activate SS. It only activates when I have it set to turn on after dim. I like using the Auto On/Off feature on my phone but it won't turn off with SS activated. I really like the berryweather integration. Seems to work well with it updating. Would like to be able to see the Hi/Low and conditions if possible. Miss the landscape view but would like the option to lock the view in portrait. Would also like to be able to have the option to show the charging icon. On one of the older version, the backlight stayed on while on the charger with SS was activated would like that feature back as well.
    05-27-10 06:27 PM
    This beta is a dead beta. The Author of the App hasnt posted in over a month.

Either he's working on a new version again, or he just let it go.

Who Knows.
    05-27-10 06:28 PM
    This beta is a dead beta. The Author of the App hasnt posted in over a month.

Either he's working on a new version again, or he just let it go.

Who Knows.
    He could be waiting for OS 6 to come out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 01:52 PM
    He can't get it right with 5.0. I doubt 6.0 will help. This app is dead.
    05-28-10 03:43 PM
    Wow! This app works well for me. The problem is that he took everybody's requests and tried to please everybody. When that happens, bugs are bound to happen. If he made it a simple lock slider like it was originally and told everybody to sod off with their requests, then there would be no problem.

And it sucks that people are making stupid comments about DMG and you guys have no idea what is going on / what has happened in his life.

Just leave it be.
    05-28-10 04:52 PM
    He is making droid apps now

05-28-10 07:53 PM

You know this for a fact?
    05-28-10 08:14 PM
    Shows how much he cared about his customers. Just wanted the money.
    05-28-10 09:54 PM
    ** message erased ** but you're still an *****.
    05-28-10 10:15 PM
    As far as I am aware, he does not have a droid. Only his Berry's and Palm Pre.
    05-29-10 09:26 AM
    With "customers" like you I don't blame him!

How is your lock app that you are working on going?.........Oh that's right you don't know how to build apps you just bash other peoples work!
    05-29-10 11:18 AM

He is currently posting in the Palm OS forums. I guess he's done with the Blackberry.

Palm Developer Center
    05-30-10 11:15 AM
    I really like the berryweather integration. Seems to work well with it updating. Would like to be able to see the Hi/Low and conditions if possible.
    Just use the Berryweather wallpaper on stormslider.

It's located at store/home/user/berryweather.jpg

Berryweather just generates a new .jpg file when it updates.

This works with the prior paid version, too. Unfortunately, the beta doesn't let you choose whether or not to display weather info if BW is installed, so it's redundant, with an icon next to the clock and on the wallpaper, too.
    05-30-10 11:29 AM
    i see nothing has changed here, bashing still going for no reason at all
    05-30-10 06:44 PM
    i see nothing has changed here, bashing still going for no reason at all
    I'm not bashing, but is it really no reason at all if he has truly abandoned the app altogether?
    05-30-10 06:49 PM
    I'm not bashing, but is it really no reason at all if he has truly abandoned the app altogether?
    Really I love the app. But with all the issues that the last non-beta (paid)version of the app had it would have been nice to just get that version tightened up before walking off into the sunset.

The app is a great app and DMG was an excellent developer but it sucks that while he tried to improve the app and made it real buggy he just leaves paid customers hanging with a potentially awesome app that intermittently has some pretty big bugs.

I just wish he would go back, strip it down to basics a bit and have a simple app with one function that works flawlessly.

05-31-10 08:55 AM
    I have installed it on my storm and the only issue I'm having is the lock button at the top doesn't do the slide lock it does the normal lock .

But when i just set it to go to it after 1 min of dimming it works fine .
    05-31-10 10:30 AM
    Really I love the app. But with all the issues that the last non-beta (paid)version of the app had it would have been nice to just get that version tightened up before walking off into the sunset.

The app is a great app and DMG was an excellent developer but it sucks that while he tried to improve the app and made it real buggy he just leaves paid customers hanging with a potentially awesome app that intermittently has some pretty big bugs.

I just wish he would go back, strip it down to basics a bit and have a simple app with one function that works flawlessly.

Plus one on this post, I gave up on this application working on my S1 so I purchased pattern lock.
    06-01-10 01:04 PM
    Just use the Berryweather wallpaper on stormslider.

It's located at store/home/user/berryweather.jpg

Berryweather just generates a new .jpg file when it updates.

This works with the prior paid version, too. Unfortunately, the beta doesn't let you choose whether or not to display weather info if BW is installed, so it's redundant, with an icon next to the clock and on the wallpaper, too.
    I tried using Berryweather for the wallpaper on the previous paid version, but it has to be the homescreen wallpaper (at least, that's what I found) to get BW as the wallpaper as SS wallpaper and to get the Hi/Low on the wallpaper, the icon has to be centered. I like using my pics for the wallpaper on my homescreen and SS, so having the icon in the center, it get's in the way of the pics. But, now, that I think of it, it's not a big deal to have the Hi/Low on SS.
    06-02-10 12:24 AM
    He gave up because he could not fix the hole he dug himself. 4.6 was the best. And I still used it!

06-02-10 05:14 PM
    DMG.....if you still keep track of this thread. Can you please at least give the option of posting an OTA of one the earlier more solid builds.

I am looking for the version with the options menu in options and portrait lock that works with the lock button. I know it was an earlier 5.0 build.

Please at least give paid customers the option to roll back to earlier builds before you tried to please everyone.

I plan on posting this in the other two SS threads. This is not to spam or flame, but paid customers should have the option of the using the most solid builds.

06-03-10 09:46 AM
    DMG.....if you still keep track of this thread. Can you please at least give the option of posting an OTA of one the earlier more solid builds.

I am looking for the version with the options menu in options and portrait lock that works with the lock button. I know it was an earlier 5.0 build.

Please at least give paid customers the option to roll back to earlier builds before you tried to please everyone.

I plan on posting this in the other two SS threads. This is not to spam or flame, but paid customers should have the option of the using the most solid builds.

DMG, I am in support of this as well. I was running into some weird buggy issues to that no one else seemed to have. Some of the previous builds were fantastic (and solid). Let us roll back?

06-04-10 11:17 AM
    I have the cod for 4.6 if anyone wants it PM me

06-06-10 04:34 PM
    I thought I found a 5.* beta version that included portrait-mode locking but without all of the other features (msg notifications and such). It was on some third-party site or forum. I had to wipe my phone and I can't find it anymore so I'm running an older paid version (since the current beta version stops working right after a few days).

Has anyone seen another 5.* beta version (free) lying around? That is what I want!
    06-09-10 04:56 PM
    I love the working versions of this app but I am done with it. Way too much trouble to use it. I even tried to PM DMG but it has been like two weeks and no response. Even a cordial decline on my request to roll back would have been nice.

Even though this app is my favorite locking app and the UI is my favorite, I am off to patternlock and trying to tweak it best I can.

I still use simpleweather so hopefully he doesn't walk away from that, but to be honest if I had a second weather app, I wouldn't be using simpleweather out of principle. The whole situation left a bad taste in my mouth.

06-10-10 09:32 AM
150 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD